Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 316
  1. #1
    Player MarkovChain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windy
    Posts
    1,429
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

    Wake up, "Seekers" is failing

    * GEO and RUN were the 2 wonderful new jobs. Turns out they are not jobs, people don't use RUN at all. GEO gets a spot in very little situations but is that enough ? When JPs started killing delve bosses, the devs quickly made a comment about the jobs they used : hey guys look reject jobs are part of the fights (RNG, GEO, PLDs..) ! I wonder why they didn't make comments since people kill 4x faster going back to real jobs like MNK, BRD, WHM etc.
    * For one month clearing reives was relatively fun. Progressively zone warps were unlocked, boss were cleared. Everything was fine. Then delve crashed everything. In one update they defeated the purpose of doing imprimature (anyone remember what it is ?). Doing reives served no purpose. Nope, stacking point turned out useless. Plasm or bust. As a result, it's impossible to warp anywere. For instance if you need to clear a delve NM you have to waste 30 min clearing boring stuff.
    * 95% of the shouts are dedicated to ... voidwatch. I mean, it is supposed to be a new expansion with stuff to do etc. Moving around is a pain, getting 18 ppl is boring. Only very experimented player can bring less.
    * Skirmish. This one was a giant faceplam. Most retarded pop item distribution ever, with basicallly inexistant stone +2. Good rewards. Then delved poped and the thing became useless in one update. And by useless I mean everyone know a single tier IV/V delve run is giving you access to a weapon much better. The event was probably the most exciting part of the ext. though. Because 6 mannable content was one of the most wanted content from their census. But no, we got delve (most of it is low mannable though but not if you are the everage joe).
    * The worst part, which I keep for last, is their intention to bring back relics and empy. I mean I like it personnally (check my sig). The stats they provided on the sword already shows relics will surpass delve weapons. Those weapons are solable, come on. What's the purpose of delve ? Let's go on holiday and come back in september with fresh new relics with better weapon skills ? Because once the new relics go live, delve will be nothing more that meeble burrows. Some gear are cool. Most of the gear is only good on higly evasive crap so if they defeat the purpose of killing bosses it's pointless (you can already cap with junk gear provided proper buffs anyway).


    So the other day I farmed a few ADLs because I wanted to do a second daurdabla for the LS. Marrows are STILL in high demand with the same price as pre-adoulin (~10M here). So I was saying to mdk : what's the point a farming delve all day with PUGs or even with super good groups when you could play 2Hours of dynamis get 6 marrows and get 6 airlixirs +2 in bazars. I mean basically 1 marrows= 1 airlixir +2. Since everyone got a better weapon from delve ADL is now really a joke with a party or less. So 70k plasms for very good goups that do bosses per hour is pretty gimp comparatively. Honestly, just examine the shouts or the server and examine the proportion of delve related shouts. Most of what I see is voidwatch, abyssea exp. What is this madness ?
    (56)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 06-21-2013 at 07:11 AM.

    Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

  2. #2
    Player PeaceWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    39
    Character
    Peacewalker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Lol, Pchan.
    All jokes aside, yeah, this expansion is lackluster, it was just a way to keep people busy while FFXIV was still in Beta, a quick way to get some cash.
    And no, 95% of the shouts aren't voidwatch, they're plasm farm.
    (10)

  3. #3
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,521
    Lol I tried to say that before.. I "use" to have motivation to work on Mythic. Then Delve came out and obtaining these weapons were so much easier. Now I lost interest not only on this, but all other things.

    No matter how many people post about SoA, I don't think anyone is going to care enough to make a difference. Not like the entire community is rage quitting like everyone did on FF14 launch.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-21-2013 at 07:33 AM.

  4. #4
    Player Tamoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,061
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    For once I'm actually agreeing with Pchan. What's the world coming to?!?!!
    (26)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

    This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

  5. #5
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    For once I'm actually agreeing with Pchan. What's the world coming to?!?!!
    I think the fact we all agree with Pchan is proof that this game is going to hell.
    (30)

  6. #6
    Player Duelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    658
    Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I think the fact we all agree with Pchan is proof that this game is going to hell.
    Add me to the list of people surprised by this turn of events.
    (9)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

  7. #7
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    For once I'm actually agreeing with Pchan. What's the world coming to?!?!!
    Pchan is saying there is nothing worth doing in SoA. 95% of other threads regarding SoA as a whole claim that SoA is the only thing worth doing because old content got curb stomped. So which is it then? SoA is the only thing worth doing, or SoA is not worth doing?

    Or is possible that SoA has certain things in it which are worth doing for character progression, and it has other things worth doing as mild entertainment, but it does not completely invalidate all other content? That can't be the truth of the matter, or most of the people commenting on the subject would be hyperbolic doomcriers who just want something to throw a fit about and will latch on to any argument which places blame on SE or denounces any recent change.

    /stare
    (7)

  8. #8
    Player Vivivivi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    554
    Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I disagree, though Pchan makes many valid points.

    I don't think Seekers is failing, but I hesitate to say it'll be a wild success, as it stands right now, it's a work in progress.

    Delve has replaced voidwatch on our server, maybe we play at different times? I never see VW shouts anymore. Skirmish expansions look promising, but keep in mind I think the target audience for skirmish is the more casual players. I know many people who don't really do delve but do skirmish a lot. I think it's a nice mixture of content levels.

    I think delve is/was a great addition, it's leveled the playing field for those who want great weapons but don't want to put the time and effort into getting a R/E/M to level 99, which is orders of magnitude higher than getting a base delve weapon.

    It's too early to rule out GEO and RUN as viable jobs, as they don't yet have JSE, or even merits. I'm sure we'll see those jobs fall into place as they mature, especially with yet to be released content.

    Really, I think it's just too early to make the call that Seeker's is failing, especially if it's the content most people seem to be enjoying at the moment, but I might look back on this post six months from now and agree with all of Pchan's points, but I hope not as I'm personally enjoying what Seeker's has to offer right now.
    (3)

  9. #9
    Player Kincard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    648
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Pchan is saying there is nothing worth doing in SoA. 95% of other threads regarding SoA as a whole claim that SoA is the only thing worth doing because old content got curb stomped. So which is it then? SoA is the only thing worth doing, or SoA is not worth doing?
    They make nothing worth doing by making things not last long, it makes the stupid gear grind of the game become far more apparent. Beforehand when each patch only obsoleted maybe 1-2 pieces of gear at a time (if that) you would feel motivated to actually obtain new weapons and armor because you could probably rely on them to last a decent amount of time (or even close to all time if it was a JA piece or something). Now their philosophy is apparently have a tiered progression system at endgame, which doesn't fit XI's model in the least. It makes the whole "get gear to grind for better gear to replace your crappy gear" a lot more transparent (part of the skill of making an MMO is making the gear grind less obvious). XI also has gear grinding time to match the longer lastability- almost everyone gets a new piece of armor every time you run a WoW dungeon, in FFXI you need to do 5 45-minute runs so you can buy a weapon.

    Simply put, people don't want to work on REMs because Delve is out, and lots of people don't want to work on Delve because they promised improving REMs but haven't gotten around to implementing or even telling us when it'd happen. It's pretty amazing that they're this bad at understanding what has motivated the playerbase for the past 7+ years of endgame. Why would we play WoW with an XI skin when we can actually play WoW which is superior in performance, breadth of content and customer service, or maybe one of the countless f2p MMOs out there which also gank this model?

    I think the next patch might stabilize things by allowing us to upgrade Skirmish stuff but the way things have been implemented so far has been really lackluster. It might've been a lot more forgivable if there was a great story to be experiencing but 3 months post launch and we still have a total of...one actual story cutscene.
    (11)
    Last edited by Kincard; 06-21-2013 at 12:17 PM.

  10. #10
    Player Yinnyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    839
    Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Simply put, people don't want to work on REMs because Delve is out, and lots of people don't want to work on Delve because they promised improving REMs but haven't gotten around to implementing or even telling us when it'd happen.
    So then you disagree with what Pchan originally posted? Ignoring the fact that he's implying he can farm and kill 6 ADLs in one run, he's claiming that farming umbral marrow is more lucrative than anything he could do in SoA, and therefore SoA fails because it does nothing to force him to farm SoA instead. Whereas you're claiming that SoA killed any desire to grind for REM.

    Now, I can speak from experience, having led a Dynamis linkshell for the past... ok, I've forgotten how long it is now, but it's been a long time. We just farm marrow for our members at this point, but my members just keep completing more and more relics so we need to farm more and more marrow. Plus, I'm working on finishing my duardabla and carnwenhan. A few other people in my LS are also working to go from 90>99 duardabla, and a few other people on the server who frequent the same VW runs I join are working on duar or ochain.

    I guess what I'm trying to say here is this: I disagree with the point you raised which I quoted. While it's true that there are fewer people upgrading RMEs, there is still no shortage of people willing to buy alexandrite, heavy metal plates, dross, cinder, or dynamis currency.
    (1)

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast