Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

The PERFECT opportunity to fix mage R/M/E

This has probably been said elsewhere, so I will keep this short:

The R/M/E changes that will occur soon is the perfect opportunity for SE to reevaluate the mage end game weapons. Considering that we will have the elemental magic changes before the R/M/E changes go into effect, if I'm not mistaken, then there should be no problem balancing these weapons around these new changes. In the current state of magic damage in this game, the amount of damage one can deal comes nowhere close to the damage a DD can put out. This was already starting to become the case at lvl 99 and with the new delve boss content, there is now no comparison once delve boss weapons come into play.

When I was looking over your elemental magic changes, I was quite disheartened that the max base damage(Thunder) was unchanged. I think it was a great idea to make the other elements closer to the potency of thunder, but in all honesty, I believe their should have been a base damage increase across the board that goes higher than the current thunder base damage to keep up with DDs who are getting weapons double the base damage they had before. To further compound upon this problem, the delve boss blm craftable weapon that you did release is beaten by its skirmish counterpart, which barely beats the magian weapons. But now lets compare says the mnk delve boss weapon Oaxitur to the lvl 99 elemental magian weapons for mnk... Oaxitur are light years ahead, same with the other DD jobs. So DDs get weapons that trash everything ever made for them, while mages get weapons that barely beat, depending on the situations, weapons that have been out for two years.... there is a slight hint of unfairness here...

All I am asking, is that when you review the mage R/M/E weapons, please give us weapons that will make us want to get them. Make us mages excited to continue playing mages to make these weapons. Please, for the love of Altana, do not make our weapons barely beat content lvl 90 weapons.... Our content lvl 120 staff is garbage(BLM/SCH), so please do not base your changes around that... please....

Edit: Grammar mistakes
    (39)
    Last edited by Pebe; 06-21-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Big +1 for this.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Liked, current mage RMEs are insultingly bad, etc.

However: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110...=1#post5759660

Motenten has concluded that augmented Soothsayer Staff / Lehbrailgs beat magian damage staves for many of the new spells. If the Mage RMEs with MAB get bumped up, they'll likely surpass the magian damage staves too as nuking weapons. I'm not saying this justifies atrocities like Claustrum, but I'm just pointing out that mythics may be "saved" with fairly minor changes.
    (5)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yes but I don't want weapons to barely surpass lvl 90 content weapons when they are supposed to me item lvl 115+ etc... In order for magic damage to be up to par once again with physical dealing DDs, we need as much, if not more, of a boost than they get in their new weapons.

Edit: I've read Motenten's post, I was referring to the craftable staff from delve boss materials.
    (4)
    Last edited by Pebe; 06-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.

I don't understand. Mjollnir is great.
    (1)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would like it if they added in some of the newer effects or make new ones that would fit for the jobs when they do update them such as:
    Murgleis: Occ. maximizes magic accuracy (maybe even 100% to make it not completely lol), enfeebling/enhancing magic +++, augments enspells
    Laevateinn: Occ. negates elemental magic MP cost, all elemental affinity: damage +X, elemental magic skill +++
    Nirvana: Augments avatars, negates perp. MP cost., summoning magic skill +++
    Tupsimati: Auto-Iridescence I-V (built in weather obi and increasing benefits from weather), Weather: Occ. ignores magic evasion/defense/mdt

While over the top, we've seen the potential jump DD jobs can expect, so hopefully mages can expect the same. Of course, I'm keeping expectations low and only expecting an increase to dmg/matk/macc sadly.

(Also, while not mage-related, wouldn't mind seeing Nagi get Silent blow+++ to also give it something unique/powerful)
    (5)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm not sure how effective it would be, but a built in obi with a higher tier of iridesence on the staff would make me jump for joy at my free inventory spaces (which will be filled instantly with more stuff I can't carry now >.>)
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Liked, current mage RMEs are insultingly bad, etc.

However: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/110...=1#post5759660

Motenten has concluded that augmented Soothsayer Staff / Lehbrailgs beat magian damage staves for many of the new spells. If the Mage RMEs with MAB get bumped up, they'll likely surpass the magian damage staves too as nuking weapons. I'm not saying this justifies atrocities like Claustrum, but I'm just pointing out that mythics may be "saved" with fairly minor changes.
    Those weapons are not "atrocities", they simply weren't designed for the purpose you have in mind.

Hvergelmir upgraded my (original) main job when basically nothing else could.

The ones that were actually designed with casting in mind are the atrocities, because they don't do those jobs better than very easily obtainable weapons. Thus, they are far less useful than claustrum or hrvelgimir.

ANYWAY... I'm not really holding my breath on this one. I'm only expecting their DMG and amount of each existing stat to go up- I don't expect any new stats at all, but I guess I'm leaving room for SE to suprise me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Claustrum is an atrocity.... Hvergelmir is not. Hvergelmir is not because it has a purpose, and that purpose is mp restoration and it does it wonderfully. (Also wipes debuffs as an added bonus!) Claustrum's purpose was meleeing and it offers NOTHING to solve the innate problems of mage meleeing (you could argue the attack down effect from GoT, but thats neglible). For instance, Apocalypse gaves drks survivability, annihilator/yochi gave rngs hate management. Claustrum gives nothing that addresses a mage's problems while meleeing.
    (4)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    This has probably been said elsewhere, so I will keep this short:

The R/M/E changes that will occur soon is the perfect opportunity for SE to reevaluate the mage end game weapons. Considering that we will have the elemental magic changes before the R/M/E changes go into effect, if I'm not mistaken, then there should be no problem balancing these weapons around these new changes. In the current state of magic damage in this game, the amount of damage one can deal comes nowhere close to the damage a DD can put out. This was already starting to become the case at lvl 99 and with the new delve boss content, there is now no comparison once delve boss weapons come into play.

When I was looking over your elemental magic changes, I was quite disheartened that the max base damage(Thunder) was unchanged. I think it was a great idea to make the other elements closer to the potency of thunder, but in all honesty, I believe their should have been a base damage increase across the board that goes higher than the current thunder base damage to keep up with DDs who are getting weapons double the base damage they had before. To further compound upon this problem, the delve boss blm craftable weapon that you did release is beaten by its skirmish counterpart, which barely beats the magian weapons. But now lets compare says the mnk delve boss weapon Oaxitur to the lvl 99 elemental magian weapons for mnk... Oaxitur are light years ahead, same with the other DD jobs. So DDs get weapons that trash everything ever made for them, while mages get weapons that barely beat, depending on the situations, weapons that have been out for two years.... there is a slight hint of unfairness here...

All I am asking, is that when you review the mage R/M/E weapons, please give us weapons that will make us want to get them. Make us mages excited to continue playing mages to make these weapons. Please, for the love of Altana, do not make our weapons barely beat content lvl 90 weapons.... Our content lvl 120 staff is garbage(BLM/SCH), so please do not base your changes around that... please....

Edit: Grammar mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    I would like it if they added in some of the newer effects or make new ones that would fit for the jobs when they do update them such as:
    Murgleis: Occ. maximizes magic accuracy (maybe even 100% to make it not completely lol), enfeebling/enhancing magic +++, augments enspells
    Laevateinn: Occ. negates elemental magic MP cost, all elemental affinity: damage +X, elemental magic skill +++
    Nirvana: Augments avatars, negates perp. MP cost., summoning magic skill +++
    Tupsimati: Auto-Iridescence I-V (built in weather obi and increasing benefits from weather), Weather: Occ. ignores magic evasion/defense/mdt

While over the top, we've seen the potential jump DD jobs can expect, so hopefully mages can expect the same. Of course, I'm keeping expectations low and only expecting an increase to dmg/matk/macc sadly.
    I support these posts. Hopefully, Matsui and the dev team take note.
    (1)
    Tanama - Monstrosity Enthusiast

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast