Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    High-definition shadows of chocobo butt.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

There's mainly only 2 types. Wouldn't you choose the one that would cause you to be... successful. There's very little you can do to revolutionalize the mmorpg world. You have a character and it can grow and explore. SE has just taken the best from everything and put their own spin to it and made a very solid game. No matter how you feel about FFXIV, i can easily say that it's far better than FFXI. Especially if you have nothing left to explore but adoulin.
    (5)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    The thing about FFXIV:ARR is that it makes me feel like when I first played FFXI. The storyline is compelling and interesting, the characters are well fleshed out and unique, it's a much more engaging experience much like how i found FFXI was when it was first released.
    I actually enjoy talking to random NPC's because they have character that shines through in their dialogue. I actually enjoy exploring the world because it is beautiful and mysterious. I actually enjoy the battle system because no matter what class I play as I am useful to those around me. I enjoy these things so much that when I am not playing, I just can't wait to log on again and play some more.

These are things that I enjoyed doing in FFXI before it became a disjointed mish mash of content that quickly became quantity over quality. I think it was a few years ago that I actually played FFXI and had real fun, opposed to a flicker of satisfaction echoing from a flame that died out years ago. Like I've said before, FFXI needs to die sooner rather than later so that it can retain some dignity, opposed to being strung out on the bare minimum life support until all that is left is a old withered carcass that no one recognises anymore.
    (6)

This will be my last post here, my subscription ends shortly!

As beta test (FFXIV) ended couple of hours ago, I can say its really nice to be able to have a party automatically made for you via the Duty Finder, hell you can start off making your own party with friends and then use the DF to automatically get any other class needed! Had a blast playing with random people cross-server, I don't think I could ever go back to playing without this feature!
    (7)

Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    This will be my last post here, my subscription ends shortly!

As beta test (FFXIV) ended couple of hours ago, I can say its really nice to be able to have a party automatically made for you via the Duty Finder, hell you can start off making your own party with friends and then use the DF to automatically get any other class needed! Had a blast playing with random people cross-server, I don't think I could ever go back to playing without this feature!
    Agreed! The Duty Finder is a godsend and a blessing to the game. I was able to get a party under 2 minutes this past weekend with Ifrit.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Deifact View Post
    The thing about FFXIV:ARR is that it makes me feel like when I first played FFXI. The storyline is compelling and interesting, the characters are well fleshed out and unique, it's a much more engaging experience much like how i found FFXI was when it was first released.
    I actually enjoy talking to random NPC's because they have character that shines through in their dialogue. I actually enjoy exploring the world because it is beautiful and mysterious. I actually enjoy the battle system because no matter what class I play as I am useful to those around me. I enjoy these things so much that when I am not playing, I just can't wait to log on again and play some more.

These are things that I enjoyed doing in FFXI before it became a disjointed mish mash of content that quickly became quantity over quality. I think it was a few years ago that I actually played FFXI and had real fun, opposed to a flicker of satisfaction echoing from a flame that died out years ago. Like I've said before, FFXI needs to die sooner rather than later so that it can retain some dignity, opposed to being strung out on the bare minimum life support until all that is left is a old withered carcass that no one recognises anymore.
    Basically, Eorzea is fresh and new. This is what FFXI is lacking. People say an upgrade to graphics will bring back people and revitalize the game. My interest hasn't died down because of looks however. It's because 95% of this world is a been there, done that experience. We get new lands every now and then and new mobs, but it doesn't erase the grinding on this old, slow system we've been using over the past years. What this game needs to do in order to get people involved in it again is to add a new expansion that is the size of the current game with quests and missions, then update the ui, battle system, and graphics. Basically a new game. Hmm... so... would that not be what FFXIV is??? O.o
    (3)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Basically, Eorzea is fresh and new. This is what FFXI is lacking. People say an upgrade to graphics will bring back people and revitalize the game. My interest hasn't died down because of looks however. It's because 95% of this world is a been there, done that experience. We get new lands every now and then and new mobs, but it doesn't erase the grinding on this old, slow system we've been using over the past years. What this game needs to do in order to get people involved in it again is to add a new expansion that is the size of the current game with quests and missions, then update the ui, battle system, and graphics. Basically a new game. Hmm... so... would that not be what FFXIV is??? O.o
    This is pretty much what most of us have been saying. A UI upgrade, while it would be welcome, misses the point entirely. It seems that even the developers are simply out of ideas for FFXI and unwilling to change their core philosophy to keep up with more current MMOs.
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    This is pretty much what most of us have been saying. A UI upgrade, while it would be welcome, misses the point entirely. It seems that even the developers are simply out of ideas for FFXI and unwilling to change their core philosophy to keep up with more current MMOs.
    As I've mentioned before, there's also a ton of things that need to be revamped/overhauled/fixed in this game. Better to build from the ground up, it seems. Well, unless your name is World of Warcraft. Then you can afford to revamp/rebuild/delete/replace/redesign/overhaul stuff without batting an eye.
    (2)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    As I've mentioned before, there's also a ton of things that need to be revamped/overhauled/fixed in this game. Better to build from the ground up, it seems. Well, unless your name is World of Warcraft. Then you can afford to revamp/rebuild/delete/replace/redesign/overhaul stuff without batting an eye.
    Yeah this. It would take a UI revamp, a graphics overhaul, and brand new zones for me to be interested in XI again. ARR is offering all of this. But...

The most important thing for me is character growth in more than just numbers. I have 17 classes/jobs + gathering/crafting classes for this in ARR. I took multiple breaks from XI and only came back when my jobs had something new to do. Merit Group II, addition of Afflatus/Composure, level cap increase, Embrava/Kaustra.

For me, it's really that character growth that I'm missing. Weapons and armor with bigger numbers doesn't do anything at all for me. If they got on the new merits and new SPs, I might even overlook the XI graphics and UI when I want a break from ARR.
    (1)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The more and more I see of the game the more I want to play it! Summoner looks great!

Here's the full Tour of the endgame World, also showing off Summoner & Scholar!
    http://youtu.be/v0w5dyfENwA

and If you're curious what dungeon options ARR has, this video shows you up to level 30 dungeons (about half of the ones that'll be open at launch):
    http://youtu.be/Kbr_h_d5g2Q
    (1)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 08-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16