Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Mooooaaaaar pictures plz.... wow
    Ok :-)

Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 06-28-2013 at 05:55 AM.

Player
    Lol that looks just way too cool not to try FF14. I'm convinced!
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Just what we all need: high-definition chocobo butt.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

You can get HD Chocobo butt in XI on 360!

Oh wait, they lied!! its just upscaled :/
    (2)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    You can get HD Chocobo butt in XI on 360!

Oh wait, they lied!! its just upscaled :/
    360 limitations.
    (0)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Question for XIV players

Are there any vestiges of stupid FFXI limitations?
    Can you alt tab?
    Can you get search results for more than 50 people at one time?
    Do you have to login through an incredibly antiquated system? Do you have to type your password each time or does it remember it?
    Are quests clear on what you need to do?
    Can you solo past level 15 or so?
    Is the UI clear and intuitive?
    Is the FPS capped to 30 like FFXI? Or is it more?
    How is quality of life compared to FFXI? Any stupid timesinks? Can you teleport easily?
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Gonna number your questions and address em as such:
    1. Not that I can see, it's currently in development for PS4 which will utilize DirectX 11 so any limitations would be PS3 limitations but I don't see it being an issue until well down the road and by then PS4 would be affordable if anything OR since they can build it up from where it is now to DirectX 11 that would mean they can do it again. (easier said than done but the capability is there on display)
    2. yes you can Alt+Tab
    3. Havent used the search function come to think >.>;
    4 only 1 login utilizing your SE ID and password in the game launcher
    5. Quests are very clear on what you must do and alert you to any level sync that might occur should you be doing a quest that involves fighting.
    6. Yes you can solo past lvl 15.
    7. yes UI is clear and intuitive one example is that you can change from gamepad to KB and Mouse with 1 click of a icon in the config menu and any preferences made are kept in between input method switches.
    8. FPS is at 60 FPS for the PC version I wanna say the same is for the PS3 version but I cant honestly say.
    9. You can D2 right from the start. You start w/ a sprinting ability, 20 second duration and 30second cool down. Once you find more crystals to teleport to you learn teleport. Each teleport costs gil unless you add them to faves in which case they are less expensive. you can have up to 3 Faves at once.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 06-28-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'll just add to Alpheus' answers:

Can you get search results for more than 50 people at one time?
    The beta limit was 200 results the last time I searched.

Are quests clear on what you need to do?
    Quests you're eligible for are marked as exclamations on your map. Every accepted quest is listed in your journal, with pictures of the NPCs that initiated them. Each one has a Map button you can click to see exactly where to go in the world for the next step. There are some exceptions, notably when you're told to "Find" things specifically, but they still give you a general area. When you're told to farm animal parts, there is a red circle on the map indicating where that type of mob spawns. In addition to being listed in your journal, your last 5(?) quests are flagged as active automatically and added directly to your full-time UI so they're always there while running around. You can turn these off and on. You can click on them in the UI and bring up the journal page. Last, for fights, the NPCs usually give a vague hint at a strategy, at least up till the level 15 ones. They will say something like "Look out for its poison!" or "Careful use of the sleep spell...". These are the introductory quests, not sure how much that continues. Some people call this hand-holding, I call it "don't look at the journal if you don't want to know", while the rest of us don't have to search Wikis if we have an hour to play every day.

Is the UI clear and intuitive?
    It's quite spectacular, actually. When I want to switch jobs I click the mouse once anywhere in the world, my job changes, and all my gear is automatically swapped due to saved gear sets. Full maps can remain open (and resized) as you run around and become translucent so you can see your activity through them. FATE locations (think Campaign/Besieged/NM spawns) are clearly marked. Gamepad integration is fast and intuitive. You can customize the UI, moving most parts of it to any part of the screen. Want your HP and MP on the top of the screen? Just drag them there. All active effects have time remaining, including mobs' enfeebles displayed above them, all cooldowns are graphically visible. They need to work on the chat log a bit, but that's been my only feedback suggestion about the UI.
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    Question for XIV players

1.) Are there any vestiges of stupid FFXI limitations?
    2.) Can you alt tab?
    3.) Can you get search results for more than 50 people at one time?
    4.) Do you have to login through an incredibly antiquated system? Do you have to type your password each time or does it remember it?
    5.) Are quests clear on what you need to do?
    6.) Can you solo past level 15 or so?
    7.) Is the UI clear and intuitive?
    8.) Is the FPS capped to 30 like FFXI? Or is it more?
    9.) How is quality of life compared to FFXI? Any stupid timesinks? Can you teleport easily?
    1. No.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes. (200 is current limit)
    4. No. Simple login screen where you input your SE ID and PW. You do have to put in your password each time, but that is how SE's account management system works in general, not just XIV.
    5. Yes. There are icons above character's heads where quests are available. There are two main icons, a (!) for general quests, and a firey (!) indicating they are Main Scenario quests. Additionally, you have icons indicating inbetween steps, like where you need to go to pick up a branch or where to feed the chocobos, etc. Even without these icons, the quests are easy enough if you read, you'll know where to go.

6. You can solo all the way to 50 if you so choose to do, through FATE, levequests, quests. I'm not sure about ARR, but in 1.0, there was some party aspects, though generally people didn't start partying until 42, because there was a camp where you could hit 50 in roughly 3 hours of exp time. In ARR, you start forming parties around lvl 15 to take on the dungeons, which are actually good exp and drop very good gear that will last well into the 20s.

7. Yes, very easy to use. You can also drag and rearrange the boxes and widgets, change font sizes etc.

8. There's three options for FPS, 30, 60, or unlimited.

9. In ARR, from what I've played through, there's no real "time sinks" like we know them in XI. That doesn't mean however, that you'll fly to level 50 in 5 hrs lol. But rest assured, while leveling up and questing, you won't even know how much time is passed until you look at your clock. xD

As for teleportation, in 1.0 you used what's called "anima" which is the equivalent of Kinetic things you expend when you use the Waypoints that were added with Adoulin. In 1.0 there was really no way to replenish this until towards the end when they added ways to boost it.

In ARR, anima was scrapped and you use gil now. The further the telepoint is away, the more its going to cost you, unless you "favorite" the location (I think you can have a max of like 3 favorites, I could be wrong on that though). Anyone can teleport, no spell is required. The only thing that's required is that you have to physically visit the crystal points first, and click them to attune yourself to them.
    (2)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can't think of one issue they haven't fixed in ARR.

(3)
    Last edited by Crusader81; 07-01-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast