Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Skirmish Additions and Adjustments

Greetings everyone!

I'd like to share some information on what we have planned for Skirmish, in terms of both additions and adjustments.

Skirmish Additions
    We will be adding new skirmishes along with new areas that are added, and the content level for these will be set to level 13.

With this, we are trying to accomplish the below:
    • To provide a variety of content to cover a single content level.
    • As it's possible to get burned out rushing to the top, we'd like to provide alternative ways to spend your time, which focus on non-vertical growth.

*In addition to Skirmish we will also be adding new Colonization Reives and Lair Reives for content levels 6-9, and new Wildskeeper Reives for content level 17. We'll be introducing new gear for these new content levels and we'll also be adding new gear that can be purchased using Bayld.

Below is a representation of how it will look:

119 20 Delve (Boss monsters)
    118 19
    117 18
    116 17 New
    Wildskeeper Reives
    115 16
    114 15
    113 14 Delve (NM group 2)
    112 13 New Skirmish
    111 12
    110 11 Delve (NM group 1)
    109 10
    108 9 New
    Colonization/Lair Reives
    107 8
    106 7 Wildskeeper Reives
    105 6 Skirmish
    104 5 Colonization/Lair Reives
    103 4
    102 3
    101 2
    100 1
    Item Level Content Level Up to April 2013

What can you do with the new Skirmishes?
    • Enhancing current Skirmish weapons
      By clearing new Skirmish areas, you may obtain a key item and new enhancement materials.
      • Key item
        It will be possible to evolve your current Skirmish weapon a stage further.

For example:
        Ninza + key item= Ninza +1
        • There is only one type of key item.
        • You can freely choose which weapon you would like to evolve; however, once you evolve it, the key item will be consumed.
        • You will have to obtain a new key item if you wish to upgrade multiple weapons.
        • Arcane Glyptics will be reset. The reason for this being that there are issues with the item system when it comes to carrying these over to the next stage.
      • New enhancement materials
        These will allow Arcane Glyptics to be added to your newly evolved weapons.
    • New armor to be obtained
      5 new sets of armor will be added. With the new enhancement items it will also be possible to add Arcane Glyptics to this equipment.

Adjustments to Arcane Glyptics
    We agree with the feedback about allowing Arcane Glyptics to be added more easily and will be performing the below adjustments.
    • Ghastly Stones
      In the next version update we will be making Ghastly Stones an item that can be sold on the auction house (The new enhancement items will also be treated the same way.). Also, there has been feedback asking to tie the rank of the head piece to the level of Ghastly Stones that can be obtained; however, this is how the system already works currently.

• Bayld required for adding Arcane Glyptics
      In the next version update we will be lowering the Bayld cost for Arcane Glyptics to 500 Bayld.

Other feedback
    • Exchangeable goods
      Exchanging items for Bayld has been primarily setup to be used in conjunction with coalitions. As we will be adding things such as new Wildskeeper Reives, we would still like to keep Bayld use tied to coalition-related content.

• Obsidian fragments
      Obsidian fragments have been set to be a sort of bonus point type of thing for doing Skirmish. The main purpose of this content is not to save up these points, and as such we are not thinking about making it so you can exchange these for weapons.

• Acquiring the weapon you are aiming for
      By clearing Skirmish once, 1-2 weapons will drop at minimum, and the difficulty for obtaining the weapon you would like has not been set very high. We would like to keep the methods for obtaining weapons as they are currently, but plan on increasing the opportunities to obtain statue segments.
    (14)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

I have to say this is another epic-bad idea from the development team. I'll let you in on a little secret: the only people who will even look twice at this content are those looking for an offhand for their delve weapon. Also erasing augments in order to upgrade is just bad design all the way around.

I've been wanting to try skirmish (have a bunch of pops cluttering my inventory) and I can't get 6 people interested. Why? Because their time is better spent grinding plasm for more powerful delve weapons. The lack of any drops of note besides 3rd rate weapons means there isn't any incentive to go back to the content - especially with the announcement that all augments will be wiped when you upgrade your weapon.

Now, if you added additional augments AND some nice, low-drop rate gear, you might have gotten people interested, but this is going to be dead on arrival.
    (13)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I have to say this is another epic-bad idea from the development team. I'll let you in on a little secret: the only people who will even look twice at this content are those looking for an offhand for their delve weapon. Also erasing augments in order to upgrade is just bad design all the way around.

I've been wanting to try skirmish (have a bunch of pops cluttering my inventory) and I can't get 6 people interested. Why? Because their time is better spent grinding plasm for more powerful delve weapons. The lack of any drops of note besides 3rd rate weapons means there isn't any incentive to go back to the content - especially with the announcement that all augments will be wiped when you upgrade your weapon.

Now, if you added additional augments AND some nice, low-drop rate gear, you might have gotten people interested, but this is going to be dead on arrival.
    Neo skirmish is going to have 5 sets of armor. This armor is going to be considered item level 112. Some of the armor you have from delve is considered item level 110. From a strictly numeric standpoint, one could assume that skirmish armor is going to be an easier alternative with better stats.

Old skirmish has a few weapons which are competitive with delve weapons (I'm speaking mostly about the blm staff). If it's going to be possible to further augment them, we might see some weapon classes from skirmish that are better than delve weapons.
    (7)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 06-20-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Here's a thought. If you're upgrading a weapon that is already augmented, then perhaps you could have the item used to augment it refunded. Would that work? I certainly think it would be better than nothing.

Also, if I may ask, why is it that the new Wildskeeper Reives will offer better rewards than new Skirmish? Wildskeeper Reives, despite having strong attributes, can be won simply through perseverance and patience, as opposed to Skirmish which, with its expansive areas and short time limits, can get pretty hectic and actually sometimes be difficult to complete. I feel like the reward quality between these two events should be reversed.
    (3)
    Last edited by sweetidealism; 06-20-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Edit: I'm retarded.
    (0)
    Last edited by Catmato; 06-20-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Player
    Just stop, seriously, have you learned nothing?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the -only- thing that matters unless the new skirmish has some situally kick-ass macro gear, it's trash, right out of the box, period.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Neo skirmish is going to have 5 sets of armor. This armor is going to be considered item level 13. Some of the armor you have from delve is considered item level 11. From a strictly numeric standpoint, one could assume that skirmish armor is going to be an easier alternative with better stats.

Old skirmish has a few weapons which are competitive with delve weapons (I'm speaking mostly about the blm staff). If it's going to be possible to further augment them, we might see some weapon classes from skirmish that are better than delve weapons.
    Derp. I missed the gear, though I was actually talking about gear for T1 Skirmish. I also still think wiping augments that people worked hard to get is a bad idea. I just don't see anyone wanting to farm for stones anymore with that being the case - reducing the number of people wanting to do base skirmish once they have their weapon even more. The entry level content needs to be improved before they worry about the next step.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Just stop, seriously, have you learned nothing?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is the -only- thing that matters unless the new skirmish has some situally kick-ass macro gear, it's trash, right out of the box, period.
    If you don't want item level 112 armor, hey, that's your choice. Send any simulacrum pieces you find my way though, would ya?
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 06-20-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: reversed item levels and content levels

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post

Add Alexandrite, Heavy Metal, Cinder and Dross to Skirmish.
    /fixed
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    If you don't want item level 112 armor, hey, that's your choice. Send any simulacrum pieces you find my way though, would ya?
    If they magically fall into my inventory afk in Port Jeuno, and you server transfer to pick them up, I'll give them to you for free. I couldn't even give away the ones that I got after Delve came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Add Alexandrite, Heavy Metal, Cinder and Dross to Skirmish.
    /fixed
    NO
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast