Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Some jobs could be on multiple sets! Like SCH for instances, in your scheme SCH deserves both Black and White imho.
    I would argue that RDM, BLU, and MNK should be on light DD sets, BST & RUN on heavy, and RDM on White as well, but I did go by the Salvage setup so~.

Hope BRD and WHM get some more DD options
    I'd love some piece that would be retardedly broken for melee jobs but it's only equippable by WHM and/or BRD.
    <3 <3 <3
    Its possible, if I remember right Salvage gear had a TP piece for WHM, it was not the best if you had KClub or something like that but yeah. In either case mage sets often have that random weird piece with melee stats, like Shedir body, Rubeus Spats, Goliard Saio, Morrigan's body, Fea's hands, and so on, so I would not rule it out.
    (0)

Player
    Since I don't think anyone else said it, I will...

Please for the love of all that is FFXI do not make the augments random like you did with the original Skirmish areas!
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Since I don't think anyone else said it, I will...

Please for the love of all that is FFXI do not make the augments random like you did with the original Skirmish areas!
    Augments aren't random, only their strength levels. For example, Ninza has DMG, STR, DEX and Counter.
    The question is, will a Ninza +1 with maxed augments be on par with a maxed delve weapon? If so, you can get a good weapon with less effort and cost, but are more dependant on getting a good roll of the dice to balance it out.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I have to say this is another epic-bad idea from the development team. I'll let you in on a little secret: the only people who will even look twice at this content are those looking for an offhand for their delve weapon. Also erasing augments in order to upgrade is just bad design all the way around.

I've been wanting to try skirmish (have a bunch of pops cluttering my inventory) and I can't get 6 people interested. Why? Because their time is better spent grinding plasm for more powerful delve weapons. The lack of any drops of note besides 3rd rate weapons means there isn't any incentive to go back to the content - especially with the announcement that all augments will be wiped when you upgrade your weapon.

Now, if you added additional augments AND some nice, low-drop rate gear, you might have gotten people interested, but this is going to be dead on arrival.
    Skirmish +1 weapons could potentially have a higher DMG rating with better WS stats and different combat stats, compared to maxed delve weapons. Though it would be nice if the devs showed some screenshots of Ninza +1, because right now it's all guesswork.

I'd also like to know if Ninza (+1) has anything other then DMG STR DEX Counter, because as a PUP I'm utterly disinterested in a weapon that is weaker then a delve weapon and even lacks pet stats. Simply put, I want the potential Counter on Ninza to be available on both master AND pet. (And similar for BST's axe and DRG's polearm.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Augments aren't random, only their strength levels. For example, Ninza has DMG, STR, DEX and Counter.
    The question is, will a Ninza +1 with maxed augments be on par with a maxed delve weapon? If so, you can get a good weapon with less effort and cost, but are more dependant on getting a good roll of the dice to balance it out.
    I rather Delve's progression style augments myself... Which is what I was referring to, I hate how random some are rather it be, perhaps a random gain per use but not a random amount and if you get a bad augment then oh well. Like my cure feet for instance, I have Zenith, its truly infuriating when I get 4% CP but terrible -cast time, or none at all, when they are the only stats I care abut anyways. It would be nice to be able to lock stats as they are, if you roll any stat higher you can choose to take 1 stat upgrade, all stat upgrades, or no upgrades listed. For instance, say those H2H, you can get DMG, STR, DEX, and Counter. A cool way to do it would be that if I role the first time, get 11DMG, 4STR, 7DEX, & 2Counter, then I reroll, if I get, say, 15DMG, 1STR, 4DEX, & 5Counter, I can choose to accept all stats, accept 1 stat, in this case, say, DMG, or choose to ignore them all. If I pick to take all, I lose some STR and DEX from my previous version, but gain both the DMG & Counter boosts from the new augments, if I pick just DMG, I do not get this boost to my counter, but I also lose no STR/DEX from my previous augments, and if I pick to leave them all behind, well, in this case I would not, but if they all sucked, I would do it to avoid being downgraded.

In my opinion it would be a more progressive way of doing it, rather than simply random augments that make you spam through them over and over trying to get the right set, because you could get a great augment on 1 stat, keep it, and work on others. Once you get all stats to a high enough amount or capped, you can stop with the item, but as of right now perfect augments are far from likely, and often, the attempt to get better augments is hopeless and infuriating.
    (0)

Character
    Guppeh
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The new content sounds interesting, but any chance it will include a new bard instrument? The Seekers of Adoulin expansion has introduced zero new musical instruments for Bard, which seems like an odd omission.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3