Thread: Item Levels

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    a. the servers aren't empty, that's just a BS complaint by people that don't understand the concept that other players might be interested in doing something other than what the complainer is interested in at that moment.

b. the server load isn't the player-at least not much-its the extra Area and all the mobs in it that eats resources. SE just isn't interested in putting in the equipment to handle the load, much like they have no interest in making the game compatible with modern software/hardware (direct x/graphics card drivers/multi-processor systems, etc.)
    I understand how instancing works and that there is a lot more than just the player but the server populations mean a whole lot in how many people are using the resources and doing events that require instancing. If there were 4-5k people during primetime there is much more likely to be people generating instances that would increase server lag. But there aren't that many people. Most servers are near 1k and a few are 2k during peak hours. Yes, that's not "empty" but it's far below what it use to be. By all means they should be far under their specced load capacity. When Nyzul isle came out we had over 100 people in the zone before you started having a lot of issues(limited to 6 people per instance, that's over 16 instances, per game server). Even if you were to allow soloers it's not likely to get over 16 at any one time as it is. The best, cheapest solution has already been suggested though and it's a great idea. Just limit the number of instances just like old BCNM fights. That way people can still do the content without a huge hassle(I mean they do it anyway already by circumventing the system limitations). And the hard cap will prevent issues from happening. Just put the cap at 10 instances and you'll never have to worry about it. It will very rarely limit people, quite unlike the current situation where people are farming for alex daily and need help getting in.

But yeah... It's quite obvious they don't care to use the subscription fees to improve the game. They just use it to make up for the losses of all their other poor decisions and let the game limp along.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_matsui View Post
    However, in order for FFXI to continue to operate, I feel that in addition to growth via items, a new growth system is necessary
    Why? Why is this "necessary"?
    Game survived how long with a level cap of 75? Why can't it do the same now at 99?
    If you really felt a growth further was necessary, then why not expand (and I mean with a great expansion) the merit system?

The point of "growing up" through levelling is that anybody can do it, it's just a grind of experience, which you can accrue in several different ways. It's also "permanent" and "across-the-board" because it stays with you no matter what you do, no matter what you equip.

Growing up through items is such a bad idea in a game like FFXI instead. You cannot obtain items with just will and grinding.
    As a comparison with the level 75 era, it will be like if a certain part of the population will be at level 75 and the rest of the population will be stuck at level 65, unable to progress further that cap.
    Think about all the possible implications of such a retarded system. Gear swap, abilities that remove all or part of your equipment, equipment that you cannot use on all your jobs.
    This is such... really, I have no words to further explain why this is wrong in so many ways.

It's almost as Matsui wants to burn the little life left in FFXI as fast as possible with a big, fancy, shiny "boom", instead of constantly and slowly putting fuel into the engine and making it last as long as possible.
    This is turning into something that's not FFXI anymore. And why do you think people kept playing FFXI so long? Because they were hoping someday it would have tried to imitate other MMOs? Or exactely because it was different from everything else on the market?
    (6)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Sechs, you have all my likes. What you point out in your above post, plus the loss of R/E/Ms, everything in XI now being focused on Delve - well all this is why I have cancelled my content IDs and Tamoa will go poof forever on the 21st of July.

It is no longer the FFXI I played and enjoyed for 7 years. And that makes me very, very sad.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Hello,

Below are two posts from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to items left out of the version update notes as well as an explanation about the new stat, "combat skill +".

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello, Matsui here.

I would like to apologize for leaving out two items from the version update notes:
    -The magical resistance value cap for both characters and monsters has been increased
    -A bug wherein it was possible to charm monsters that could not originally be charmed has been addressed

This happened because the development team didn't provided the needed information to the operations team. The information was also not properly shared within the development team itself.

I feel that the development team has a tendency to prioritize implementation over communication in order to meet deadlines. Going forward, I've taken steps to ensure that they place the same amount of importance on properly communicating information to users as they do for implementation. I'll continue to repeat this and make sure we are thorough.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences caused by this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello, Matsui here.

Thanks for all the feedback on the July version update.

Since we've received quite a few questions about the "combat skill +" stat that has been added to new items, I'd like to talk a bit about this as well as talk about future plans.
    • What is "combat skill +"?
      This is a new bonus stat that is being added to weapons, and it is different than the stat that originally appeared on armor (Though, there are some exceptions. Scathacha for example, but the stat is the same as that which appears on armor.)
    • How is this different than the "combat skill +" that we’ve seen up until now?
      The main weapon and sub weapon are calculated independently.
    • Why did you decide to add "combat skill +"?
      In the event we were to adjust "accuracy +" and "attack +", it would conflict with dual-wielding.

This is an issue that has been brought up previously. We have to take into consideration that weapons can be dual-wielded when adding stats, because when we add things like "accuracy +" and "attack +" that apply to sub weapons, it will always make dual-wielding the best choice.

Similarly, there were aspects that would make adjusting one-handed and two-handed weapons even more difficult.

In order to solve this, we implemented a new system, "combat skill +".
    • But, aren't you only adding "combat skill +" to certain weapons?
      With some exceptions, we will be adding this stat to weapons with an item level above 100.
    • Please go into a bit more detail.
      With weapons that are implemented moving forward, we'll be adding the proportionate amount of "combat skill +" to match the item level of the weapon.

For existing weapons, we plan on switching out "accuracy +" and "attack +" for "combat skill +".

Especially for one-handed weapons, after making the switch to "combat skill +", you’ll be able to better assess the accuracy and attack for dual-wielding.
    • Tell us which weapons "combat skill +" will be added to.
      I'll share with you a couple of examples of the weapons we will be adjusting in the August version update. (Since this is still in-development, the values may be changed, but they are pretty much set.)
      • Camatlatia (reward from Achuka)
        Before: DMG: 76 Delay: 240 STR +8 Fire +20 Physical damage taken -4%
        After: DMG: 76 Delay: 240 STR +8 Fire +20 Sword Skill +67 Parry Skill +67 Physical damage taken -4%

• Iztaasu (Skirmish weapon)
        Before: DMG: 68 Delay: 236
        After: DMG: 68 Delay: 236 Sword Skill +54 Parry Skill +54

• Forefront Blade (Bayld weapon)
        Before: DMG: 71 Delay: 247 Accuracy +15 Reives: DMG: 89 Accuracy +25
        After: DMG: 71 Delay: 247 Accuracy +15 Attack +7 Sword Skill +63 Parry Skill +25 Reives: DMG: 89 Accuracy +25
    • What about relics, mythics, and empyreans?
      While it will not take place in the August version update, we will be adjusting these to make them higher than item level 100.

I tried to answer some of the major questions that were brought up with post.

I'd like to also apologize once again for the large feeling of uneasiness towards the current adjustments due to the new equipment implementation and stat adjustments taking place in August.

The entire development team is working as hard as possible to get everything in to the August version update. Thank you very much for your patience.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    While it will not take place in the August version update, we will be adjusting these to make them higher than item level 100.
    Thanks, Matsui, for confirming that weapons that were going to be adjusted beyond level 99 are going to be over level 100? >_>

Just thought it was kinda funny he felt the need to clarify that.
    (3)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Thanks, Matsui, for confirming that weapons that were going to be adjusted beyond level 99 are going to be over level 100? >_>

Just thought it was kinda funny he felt the need to clarify that.
    Well if you've ever tried to have a conversation with a majority of those that frequent these forums you would realize why he felt the need to do so.

"WHY MY WEPIN ISN'T DOIN 4000 DAAMAGES? I H8 THS GAME, GAWSH!"
    *Makes your weapon 4000 damages as per requested*
    "WHY DID U DO DAT!? WHUT R U GAIS THANKING?"

(Not a jab at you Kincard, just a jab at the goobs we have around here...lol)
    (7)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I think that's an implication Kincard that post revamp RMEs are gonna have that Skill+ term in their description
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Man still keeping a lid on the RME at least over 100 and should now have skill gonna be interesting when they finally drop the bomb on em....
    (0)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.playonline.com/ff11/11th/banner.js?size=s&l=us"></script>

So how does 188 new skill+ translate to current stats?
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala View Post
    So how does 188 new skill+ translate to current stats?
    188 moar :3
    (0)

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast