Thread: Item Levels

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    if anyones looking to play a better mmo: please move to FFXIV. they actually care about that game.
    I don't get all you people that have become beaten housewifes to FFXI over the last 10 years that assume that they're going to suddenly change that policy with XIV. The game looks fine and all, it's just that close interaction with the company itself through XI has really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Give it another few years and it'll become apparent they only listen to their JP players as well, and even then also only about 10% of the time.
    (8)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Screw Magians, I want to be able to walk through Xarcabard [S] without aggro.

EDIT: And isn't it about time the Northlands got maws? Xarcabard [S] and both Beaucedines still don't have one, in spite of the lore around Voidwalkers requiring it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 06-21-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not liking this direction the game is going, i just recently gotten back into the game for the new expansion and i can't get any KI's cause everyone wants me to be packing emp 90+ or delve or mythic etc.. just to join their parties, now that your gonna add this its gonna get even harder for anyone new or returning to get anywhere in this new area.

This game is loosing its fun and is turning into constant grinding and backstabbing to get anything done and with this new armor your talking about it just sounds like the gap between casual and hardcore is getting wider. Atleast in the past when you saw someone with the best gear it was only about 10% better then yours but now its well over 50-60%.
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I also don't get the need for this going "beyond cap". The game survived how long with the cap set at 75? 7 years? 8?
    Then why exactely is a "level cap increase through item level" necessary now?
    Just fix things, balance things, widen up the things we can do, offer new content, make so old content is still fun, interesting and efficient to do.

Stop breaking this game damn it, stop trying to adapt Game Models from other MMOs into FFXI, it's not gonna work! FFXI survived this long because it was unique and different from everything else. Stop attempting to make it the same as all the rest. You don't do that to an over 11 years old game!
    Can we please get some more competent people in the dev team? Someone who actually *CARES* for this game, before it completely falls apart piece after piece?
    (13)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I also don't get the need for this going "beyond cap".

~~~

Stop breaking this game damn it, stop trying to adapt Game Models from other MMOs into FFXI, it's not gonna work! FFXI survived this long because it was unique and different from everything else. Stop attempting to make it the same as all the rest. You don't do that to an over 11 years old game!
    Can we please get some more competent people in the dev team? Someone who actually *CARES* for this game, before it completely falls apart piece after piece?
    Wooosh, don't think they're hearing us.

Recall:
    The XBone (massive DRM that that both made online mandatory. It also restricted media),
    Windows 8 (System wide changes that people had issues with and abandon what people knew)
    Coke (they changed the flavor and abandon the old.)
    FFXIV Limitations on experience with rested exp. (this was completely removed!)

All these things caused fans to rage and each product had a 180 degree turn around because of them. Unfortunately, the teams on FFXI don't seem to be listening. The hardcore fans of the game who burn through content are the only ones with an actual future.

The item level systems are just BOGUS. They've already ruined the game for many players by splitting the user base by massive margins. Now anyone who doesn't play every single day and/or has competitive high level gear to keep up is getting left out of the game. It's literally to late. The game direction is broken and it seems they don't plan on going back where everyone could gain levels easily without the grind.

Sooooooooo.....

I agree with a lot of the complainers and friends who are quitting. I think it's going wooooosh right past the development teams. They've already lost millions in poor design in other projects. After all FFXIV is getting reborn because it sucked costing them a big loss. It will also eventually have new content that ruins what worked in the past just like this game.

FFXI seriously split the user base into peons that can do nothing but quit and elitist who have what it takes to stay in the front of the gear RAT race adapting to new content soon after it's added.

The development continues to go the wrong direction. Some people are apologist about it because they can manage to adapt to the new content direction while others are canceling or on the fence about it.

It's no wonder SE has been bleeding fans and cash this gen. Woooosh in FFXI.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-21-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Wooosh, don't think they're hearing us.

Recall:
    The XBone (massive DRM that that both made online mandtory. It also restrcted media),
    Windows 8 (System wide changes that people had issues with and abandon what people knew)
    Coke (they changed the flavor and abandon the old.)

All these things caused fans to rage and each product had a 180 degree turn around because of them. Unfortunately, the teams on FFXI don't seem to be listening. The hardcore fans of the game who burn through content are the only ones with an actual future.

The item level systems are just BOGUS. They've already ruined the game for many players by splitting the user base by massive margins. Now anyone who doesn't play every single day and has competive high level gear to keep up is getting left out of the game. It's literally to late now the game direction is broken and it seems they don't plan on going back where everyone could gain levels easily without the grind.

Sooooooooo.....

Even though I agree with a lot o the complainers and friends who are quitting everything that people hate. I think it's going wooooosh right past the development teams. They've already lost millions in poor design. After all FFXIV is getting reborn because it sucked costing them a big loss. It will also eventually have new content that ruins what worked in the past just like this game when they stopped listening and split the user base into peons that can do nothing but quit and elitist who have what it takes to stay in the front of the gear RAT race adapting to new content soon after t's added.

The development continues to go the wrong direction. Some people are apologist about it because they can manage to adapt to the new content direction while others are canceling or on the fence about it.

It's no wonder SE has been bleeding fans and cash this gen. Woooosh in FFXI.
    Yeah, I don't get this whole "FFXI sucks and the dev's don't listen! Let's all go play FFXIV now!" attitude. As if it weren't the same people making the new game...

Remember when Ford Pintos used to explode any time they had a little fender bender due to the faulty rear fuel tank? Nobody thought it was a good idea to take the insurance money they got from their burnt up friends / family / car and go buy the new model Ford Pinto. WTF is wrong with people these days?
    (5)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    As if it weren't the same people making the new game...
    Technically it's not the same people D:
    As much as many (all?) of the old/original FFXI are now employed into FFXIV.
    Matsui himself was into FFXI, then moved into FFXIV and only recently came back into FFXI after Tanaka's departure.
    But things in these games are more often than not decided by a small bunch of people, usually one and his stricter cooperators, who decide the "direction" the game goes and organize the work of all the other employee who just do what they're told.

In this sense, FFXIV is the game of Yoshi-P, whereas FFXI atm is Matsui's game. (or whomever pulls the strings behind him, if he's not the one)
    (4)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Yeah, I don't get this whole "FFXI sucks and the dev's don't listen! Let's all go play FFXIV now!" attitude. As if it weren't the same people making the new game...

Remember when Ford Pintos used to explode any time they had a little fender bender due to the faulty rear fuel tank? Nobody thought it was a good idea to take the insurance money they got from their burnt up friends / family / car and go buy the new model Ford Pinto. WTF is wrong with people these days?
    Simple, that game looks good, is new, and looks like they are putting resources into it right now. This game looks like shit, is old, and it feels like they are only providing the bare minimum of services to keep us paying. On top of these things, FFXIV fucked up, they took it down, and it looks like they fixed it, FFXI is fucking up royally right now, and they are having a hard time figuring out why and correcting the issue because it seems to be going right over their heads, and rather than focus on real problems, they want to give us things like Item Levels and such. Also, FFXIV is made by a different team, the leader of which is the same person who gave us Abyssea, an add-on which many loved and many hated, those who loved it get extra incentive on why to get FFXIV, we liked his work before. On top of everything else, they seem to be more willing to listen and they are providing info, where as the FFXI team has always treated everything like it was imperative it be kept secret until the players found out on their own, as well as the fact their team has the man power to keep their word when they say they will release content, rather than taking years for the simplest of things.

Your saying its the same as buying the same thing from the same company after they mess it up. Its not though, this was not made by the same team, it was not made with the same ideas in mind, and it was not made in the same generation. FFXIV shows a lot of promise for players, more than this game has, it looks like they are trying to improve on some of the things FFXI had problems with not only in game, but out of game too. Part of which is for instance, the information, getting an official source for information about the game sounds great to me. I love what this community has done, but the problem is that we should not have had such a large reliance on wiki sites or forums, so much so that I have even literally been told by GMs that rather than fix my issue, or help, if it is not a bug in a quest they will provide no instruction or guidance, and I must go through a community site. That, is an improvement in service I think. The game shows many differences from gameplay to the team, direction, how things work, story, and so on, but in the end I think the game is different even if it is from Square Enix, and I think it will be great to buy. To me, comparing FFXI to FFXIV is like comparing FFX to Kingdom Hearts, they are developed by the same company, but different teams, different design aspects, and different features, even if made by the same company, under the same kind of genre.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Your saying its the same as buying the same thing from the same company after they mess it up. Its not though, this was not made by the same team, it was not made with the same ideas in mind, and it was not made in the same generation.
    It isn't the same product, but it's still the same brand name. And in my case I have lost faith in the brand because of what's been done to FFXI, to the point where I don't trust them not to mess up with 14 aswell.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    To each their own, I simply do not think its fair to act as though all of the people thinking of switching, or have decided to switch, are ignoring the fact its from SE and its a MMO. I think everyone is well aware of what FFXIV is, who is making it, and about the game itself. Its just to me, it looks promising, the team in charge of it seem to be doing some of the things we have asked for, part of which is releasing info about things in game without us having to hunt it down, or making things like quests more simple and fun, rather than talking to every NPC in the zone they give till I find the right one. SE also seems to be giving it more support right now than FFXI, when FFXI started it was doing well in my opinion, do not get me wrong it had flaws, but they worked on it hard and fixed what needed it I think, but as time has went on they have done less and less for it. I have no doubt FFXIV will be the same way, they are starting with it now, its going to be decent at start, its real start was a failure, but now its been fixed up a bit, and over time I am sure they will support it less and less, eventually not at all, as is the life of an aging MMO unless treated properly.

FFXI has hit a bad spot, changing producers a few times in a couple years, conflicting design ideas implemented, a player base who uses every exploit the creators give them to beat content earlier than it was meant to, its really brought the game down. No matter what, if FFXI falls right now I will always blame the players for it in a way because we did jump the gun on Delve, destroyed their design idea, and did irreversible damage to the game in how they imagined us doing it. At the same time, SE failed on their delivery, as they created the gapping hole for us to walk through and seize that exploit to win early.

I will not let my FFXI experience effect my purchase of FFXIV except for the Abyssea era, and possible what came somewhat after. The producer that is currently on FFXIV from my understanding is the same one from that era of this game, so the best way to judge it would be by what he did while he was in that seat. To me, that's good, and directs me to buy it, and even if it comes from SE as a company, I love most their games, even if FFXI is a black mark in a way, it means very little to me. Saying that FFXI did bad at times through to the end, is one thing, but I could list off a hundred people who said FFXIII was bad, yet still buy many other SE and FF titles, even if they are of the same genre and brand.

Basically what I am saying I guess is that in my opinion, its Final Fantasy, its a MMO, and its SE, but its a different team and its a single game that went sort of astray, if they had 3 MMOs and all were like FFXI, I would agree, stay off of FFXIV till they can prove its not the same, or stay away in general, but its not really, so I wont act that way myself.
    (1)

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast