Thread: Item Levels

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Byrth always is able to sum up pretty much exactly what I want to say with great brevity.

Also adding that if REM needs to have additional trials, do not make them absurd like requiring the defeat of delve bosses 50 times/turning in 100 Bztavian Wings or whatever. A weapon that already costs ~100M+ to create should not need much more on top of it so I can have it be on par with weapons that players can farm in a few hours.

It would likely also be a bad idea to make it easier to obtain these weapons in any way just so you have an excuse to make the later trials harder. That would be completely missing the point because the same people bellyaching about REMs needing updates are very, very likely the same people that hate this new vertical progression system- people don't want to spend 500 hours obtaining a weapon just so other people can obtain the same weapon later in 10 hours. Players lacking REMs can call it self-absorbed or petty or whatever you want to, but I guarantee you that'll lose you a lot more customers than telling the people stuck on their quest to just suc it up and get a Delve weapon that'll give them the same functionality for a fraction of the investment.
    SO basically you're saying make RME really good, but leave the content so that no one ever builds one again? That seems pretty pointless.
    (1)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    With that said, instead of rushing to add on to Delve, our highest priority is to spend that time to create other variations of content to supplement the content (item) levels (similar to how there was a variety of content at level 75 and 99 in the past). Also, we feel the need to first create content to revamp (enhance) relics, mythics, empryeans, and job-specific armor.
    Just no make this ridicously hard .... a 6 man event should be cool, always is hard to get 18 ppl proof of this is delve shouts, where ppl can take more 45 mins to find specific job or where pick up gruops cant do this because content is too hard and just 1-2 Linkshells for server can do it and monopolize prices and stuff.
    (1)

Character
    Spirachub
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Nice to see considerations for 6 man content. 18 man alliance while has a lot more people, it has it problems. And with the current populations of servers and language barrier between JPs and ENG speakers (let's face it, auto-translate is nice, but you can never convey a sophisticated battle plan through that.) It's almost impractical to focus on 18 man alliance content.

Not only it takes forever for pick up groups to form, it's also very job specific - because it's 18 man, mobs are designed to be take on for 18man. 18 man setups makes it very restricted on jobs selections - pld cor brd healers stunners most effective attackers only. Arguably there are less strategy involved than 6 man content due to the lack of flexibility.

This brings me to another problem i see on current delve. MNKs with formless strikes are owning the scene due to developers thinking it is a good idea to put high PDT monsters in there. whilst there are some strategies to lower the PDT, MNKs are still the most wanted job because of F.S. - speeding up the kill time, and kill time is crucial in the current design of delve if you challenge T1-5NM + mega boss in a single run. The content is making really killing the job balance right now.

Surely mobs with -PDT with method to remove the -PDT is so that players play their strategies around that. So why not increase the mobs actual defence value (or some other method that formless strikes can't get an overpowering advantage), instead of using PDT?

And I totally agree that we need a 6 man plasm farming mechanism!
    (0)
    Last edited by Spirachub; 06-29-2013 at 12:24 AM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    SO basically you're saying make RME really good, but leave the content so that no one ever builds one again? That seems pretty pointless.
    They should make RME competitive like they said they would, I always had a problem with players being required to obtain REM weapons to qualify for endgame events so they should go back to being trophy weapons with good functionality, rather than completely dominant weapon where you suck if you don't have one.

I should've clarified a bit when I said I don't want to them adjust- I didn't mean to say they can't adjust it at all, but rather they shouldn't treat it with the "item level" gloves they seem to be planning to treat all events with. If they make it so that Mythics require 3000 Alexandrite and Empyreans require 100 metal plates they'll be completely missing the point of why people got annoyed about the change in the first place- the same people who were pissed about REMs being outdated are the same people who hate the new "newest content is incredibly exclusive and time consuming, make it completely obsolete 2 patches later" mentality they are adapting. Before you say reductions of that sort are implausible, think about how badly they neutered Legion, how they made 35s practically drop 100% in Salvage I and are basically completely destroying like half the content in the game.

A reasonable increase in HMP drop rates to combat Voidwatch disappearing, that is fine. Making Empyreans only require 100 plates + 10 rifts and then making you collect 20 Bztavian Wings to "balance" the road to your ilv120 Ukon, not so much. They'll lose those same exact players that were angry about the fact they invested a significant amount of time into those weapons to begin with.
    (4)

I think of delve almost like old school Einherjar. Ya, you can get a pickup group for some low tier clears or to just farm Icor, but if you want to kill Odin, you will practically need to be in an LS that is focused on doing it.
    [just without the 3day wait or the 9x clear to beat the boss]
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Did you read my post?
    Let's see...

For the time being, put the pause button on development work for:
    • Mog Gardens
    • Monstrosity
    • Item level Exp /check update
    • Cutesy seasonal events.
    • Everyone with Seekers of Adoulin
    • Everyone
    • Everyone with Seekers of Adoulin
    • Everyone

And divert all available power to forward thrusters:
    • Job adjustments, balancing, making good on old promises.
    • Lowman Content Updates
    • R/E/M updates
    • Maybe 5-7 jobs
    • 15%, maybe 20% of players
    • 5%, maybe 10% of players

And I'm being generous here. So... yeah, I read you post.
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Let's see...

• Mog Gardens - No one is all that excited about
    • Monstrosity - People are mildly interested but would gladly wait until more important things are fixed
    • Item level Exp /check update - No one wants at all
    • Cutesy seasonal events - Seriously? Seriously? You think these are what's important? Really?

• Job adjustments, balancing, making good on old promises.- This benefits all players on all jobs. Not 5-7. Literally everyone.
    • Lowman Content Updates - Again, this is for the benefit of everyone. Literally everyone.
    • 5%, maybe 10% of players - This is the only part you got right and guess who that 5%-10% are? The people who run all your 18 person events.
    Here, I edited your lists for accuracy's sake.
    (5)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Oh, I see. You read it, you just don't understand the greater significance of some of these things.

No worries. I'll explain.

Mog Gardens will allow you some new scenery to HELM in private and farm mostly useless things. Cute...maybe even fun...but mostly irrelevant. It is not something that will keep FFXI players online, playing and interested in the more core aspects of the game...like say...job adjustments would do.

Monstrosity is also a cute gimmick. Again, it may even be fun. But it's not something that should come before fixing some of the core game play mechanics that encompass almost all other content. It's not going to keep people playing and logged in like some more significant fixes would.

Item level exp checks are pointless for everyone post-level 99. If you can't see that..I'm not sure what I could say to make you understand.

Cutsey seasonal events - same thing. Fluff...cute...but not more important than fixing core elements that are making significant portions of the game hard to play for a lot of people.

Job adjustments and balancing effect everyone. They will make more people log on to play jobs they care about. This means less burnout from spamming events on jobs they don't like, more groups being formed...it's better for everyone.

Lowman content updates are for everyone else that cannot or has not gotten to the delve level yet. I don't know from which dark smelly crevice you are pulling this 15-20% of players number from?

Your opinion on R/E/M updates is very short sighted. R/E/M holders are the people organizing events and making the shouts you respond to. If they leave...you're screwed. This game has the WORST grouping mechanism of any MMO I've ever seen. We need them to lead and form groups.

That's just one aspect. The other thing you need to consider is the economy. Dynamis Currency, Alexandrite, Heavy Metal plates is a viable source of extra income for many solo and casual players. It also fuels almost all other markets. You take away R/E/M....and many parts of our economy fall apart.

R/E/M updates will effect us all. The people that actually equip the weapons are the tip of a very large iceberg. For better or worse, whichever way they decide to go. Every single player on every server will be effected.

The larger picture here is that the game is hemorrhaging subscriptions at the moment. Mog Gardens, Monstrosity, Pointless Item level checks and cute seasonal events are not going to keep them...and certainly won't bring them back.

It also just so happens that the new FFXIV is coming out in August and for the most part, people are singing its (and Yoshi-P's) praises for LISTENING to the players and fixing a great number of mistakes from both FFXI and FFXIV.

Unless you think having no one to play with doesn't effect you? Or your access to goods and services within the economy? Or your ability to join pick-up groups and participate in content?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-29-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Here, I edited your lists for accuracy's sake.
    Someone is interested.

Oh, I see. You read it, you just don't understand the greater significance of some of these things.

No worries. I'll explain.

R/E/M updates will effect us all. The people that actually equip the weapons are the tip of a very large iceberg. For better or worse, whichever way they decide to go. Every single player on every server will be effected.
    Now for you.

In a game that is losing its "Fun" and people are growing bored with the lack of variety, you're saying they should focus....less...on fun? Sounds fairly logical.

I have both a Kannagi and an Ochain. Ochain is useful, and will continue to be useful. Kannagi was just so I could look all flashy using Blade: Hi.

I don't know about your server, but R/E/M people on mine are nothing special. They don't lead the pack. They don't form all the events.

I'm not speaking ill of those who have put in the time on these weapons, but just because they have them, doesn't mean the entire endgame gameplay revolves solely around these select few.

Given the low droprate of Heavy metal plates, and the lack of circulation, I fail to see how this would be considered a viable source of income.

Also, why would R/E/M holders organize an event such as Delve? Hmm....for....Delve equipment perhaps?

I'm very sorry you spent time making a R/E/M and that SE decided to remove you from your shining horse you used to ride on as you rode through town looking down on the peasants who were not as grand as you, but I just can't understand...SE killed your horse...Why must you continue to beat a dead horse?
    (4)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    In a game that is losing its "Fun" and people are growing bored with the lack of variety, you're saying they should focus....less...on fun? Sounds fairly logical.
    Actually what I am saying is the exact opposite of that.

I'm saying that focusing priority on making the rest of the game more fun, and for a wider variety of jobs/players, is the best way to improve FFXI in the short term and retain more subscriptions.

I don't think any of the cute and gimmicky things being disputed here will achieve that. Perhaps you disagree, but this is my opinion.

And I'm not saying these things should not be done at all, or that adding fun things like this to the game doesn't have its place, or even that these things don't have value.. I'm saying they should prioritize fixing more important things first, and build on these later.

Why must you continue to beat a dead horse?
    She ain't dead just yet. And Matsui just released an apology type post yesterday where he said they were prioritizing content creation for R/E/M revamps....in a post that also emphasized wanting more feedback from us on these things.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-29-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast