Thread: Item Levels

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by pretre View Post
    maybe im missing something but I didn't read any mention that there was going to be any r/e/m updates at all, did I just miss something as there is allot of posts here asking when r/e/m updates will be
    sry to quote myself but I still don't see anything about r/e/m update
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It was mentioned by Matsui in another thread, with example of how Almace, Excalibur and Burtgang would have been automatically updated
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Seems to me that it was the amount of vertical expansion that happened in such a short time that really upset things.
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I'd just like to once again state my only real complaint about this "item level" idea: Encumbrance. You insist on throwing monsters at us with moves that not only remove our equipment but prevent us from re-equipping it again. This is already a death sentence for most jobs (the instructions for the MUM quest "Research: Rala Waterways" may as well be "go die and lose experience points," which tends to be the complete opposite of "fun and relaxation"). And now you're essentially saying that these moves can now effectively remove 10+ levels in an instant, with zero recourse?
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Greetings,

Below is a follow-up from Producer Akihiko Matsui.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello, Matsui here.

Thank you for all of the replies.

I'm not quite sure if I will be able to explain this properly by writing it, but I would like to make a follow-up post to my previous comment.

Many of you that continue to play and enjoy FINAL FANTASY XI have at some point in time cast off your shyness and became players who made a breakthrough by forming parties and participating in pick-up groups.

At the current point in time, Delve is the highest level content (from both a difficulty and reward standpoint, as well as a cost perspective), but whether we should make this content something that needs an alliance is definitely something that has been discussed within the team. 

Players feel like the threshold for entry is set quite high when taking into consideration the current trend of how people play now. However, since there were suggestions to make content similar to Dynamis, we ultimately decided to proceed by making alliance-based content.

Of course, with recent MMOs, it's possible to reach high levels while playing solo and players aren't spending a lot of time making parties because of the ability to auto-group up for large battles. While it definitely makes it easy to play, we are lacking too many things to be able to reach that point.

We have two goals in mind:
    Create content that will excite players enough to join up with others again.
    Create content that lets you discover the fun aspects because others are with you.
    From the beginning, and with these goals in mind, the staff strove to make Delve into this type of content.

With that said, in regards to Delve, there is no need for all players to be able to clear it at the same exact time. Once the top players have played through it, the staff would like to make it so a larger number of players are able to complete it as well. 

On the other hand, we feel it's necessary to increase the amount of content for solo and low-man groups immediately, as well as supplement them with equipment that is not exactly on par with Delve but is of a significant content level.

The gap between players that have been playing this content and those who are trying to catch up is increasingly widening.

With that said, instead of rushing to add on to Delve, our highest priority is to spend that time to create other variations of content to supplement the content (item) levels (similar to how there was a variety of content at level 75 and 99 in the past). Also, we feel the need to first create content to revamp (enhance) relics, mythics, empryeans, and job-specific armor.

While I'm repeating myself, we would like to fill in the gaps that have been created by adding content where you can achieve your goals by putting your time in, and adding content choices so you can progress with the play style that suits you (for example, skipping content that you're not interested in).

While it's important to proceed with the original plans, I feel it's also extremely important to prioritize implementation based on the feedback of those that are playing right now, so please let us know what content you would like to play solo or low-man and other feedback as well. 

We really look forward to reading your sincere opinions.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I would like a way to farm plasm that doesnt require PLDs. Preferably in a group of 6 so you only have to find 1 brd and 1 cor instead of 2-3 of each.

EDIT: and dont anyone give me crap about finding someone to sac the NMs for 45 minutes. That's just as retarded.
    (15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    tyvm for realying the info Camate god knows its not easy. As to what Matsui said, Idk what he's trying to pull off w/ the Item lvls and whatnot but I'm willing to find out since the people i play with are still playing. As a WHM I'm just very....idk I suppose just unenthused since the only long term goal I have as far as my job is making a Yagrush. It's the only thing that can affect my performance to a severe degree so when I see my lsmates clamoring to get us to the point where we can do the Mega Bosses I don't feel as enthusiastic for the item rewards despite being enthusiastic from the perspective of wanting to see my friends grow and accomplish their goals.

So I suppose my question would be, will there be anything new added as far as the healing component of Magic? Since NMs are now to the point where they can set off super strong attacks and we're only gonna increase in power from gear, which means no room for growth in HP levels which means no room for growth as far as having any room for error as a Healer. While I understand such difficulty is intended to some degree, if I'm straddling the knife that often I can see myself having to take breaks from being WHM so often. This isn't an option for most since WHM is always a job that's relegated to the people "stuck with it".

tldr: WHM is becoming a tad unfun and I'm worried if said trend continues.
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    With that said, instead of rushing to add on to Delve, our highest priority is to spend that time to create other variations of content to supplement the content (item) levels (similar to how there was a variety of content at level 75 and 99 in the past). Also, we feel the need to first create content to revamp (enhance) relics, mythics, empryeans, and job-specific armor.
    Didn't you say in the past that RME would have been automatically updated? Now you're talking about specific content to revamp it?
    Need something to keep player "busy" right, otherwise they'll complain about the lack of content and you'll be under pressure to develop it.
    While releasing more things that, while not being trial of the magian, have similarly retarded conditions is very fast for you to develop.
    Smart!
    Sarcasm aside, I'm at least glad to learn that you guys are appearently working on revamping job specific gear. Altough your post is so generic I don't want to get my hopes too high yet.

But aside from that, what does all of this post have to do with the constructive criticism you've been receiving over this thread? It's almost as if you didn't read it at all.
    Not that I was hoping for some surprising reply, after all things have gone too far already with the mistake you and your development team did and that you perfectly expressed in your previous post (excessive vertical itemization, versus the previous model that worked very well for FFXI for over 11 years).
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i really like this new attitude from SE nice to see their listening to their player base and about to develope some low man content for the expansion, please also consider relic weapons upgrades from level 95 and the expense to get them to 99 before your new upgrades kick in, i love my relic dagger but can i justify the 60 mil to upgrade to 99 to continue using it, probably not, so there goes 6 months of my play time down the drain
    (0)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I would like a way to farm plasm that doesnt require PLDs. Preferably in a group of 6 so you only have to find 1 brd and 1 cor instead of 2-3 of each.

EDIT: and dont anyone give me crap about finding someone to sac the NMs for 45 minutes. That's just as retarded.
    i 100% agree with this, i like that content has been added that you need to be in a group but a full alliance is sometimes hard to come by these days a 6 man option or bc type thing would be nice. though i still like to see alliance type options, having low man groups with ALMOST on par gear (but not 100% equal of course) is a great alternative for casual players and please hurry up with R/E/M revamp please!
    (2)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast