Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Item Levels

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Displaying the armors "level" as a gauge of its difficulty to obtain/power is fine. Having it effect the game in any other way is a waste of time and resources.
    (11)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Yes but that would mean changing the amount and type of data concerning that packet, and they said in the past they have no intention to do that.
    Altough I would agree with you if you were to say that such a statement doesn't really mean anything, given their lack of coherence...

I was just saying that if we assume for a moment that they truly, REALLY don't want to change packet data (maybe it's really an old and core-part of the system full of spaghetti uncommented code and they don't really want to mess with that?) then they have no way to achieve such a goal.

Either way I don't see the problem, why bothering with complicated (?) solutions when they could just make it viewable during /check and make everybody happy without changing the game "philosophy" of having to check a monster and without having to spend more than 30mins of human resources to do that, instead of wasting time in crappy systems like the one mentioned in the first post of this thread?
    Late reply, but they already do send monster level to the client, it just isn't displayed. You can see it with THIRD PARTY TOOLS. From what I hear anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Ever since the SoA the updates have been nothing but screwing up what kept the game alive 10+ years. The first mistake was making ITEM level and growth. What this SOA expansion It seems this was is a way to CURVE the players from burning through content to fast. If they kept everything 99 then players wouldn't need the LEVELED based gear to beat it. So they throw in this item based level system as a stop gap to slow the content consumption. Unfortunitly, it also separated the player base. If you can't get that gear you'll never amount to anything.

They might as well of just UPPED the EXP level caps and added some seriously hardcore long limit breakers quest where you had to do them for every JOB. Seriously, I'm sick o the direction I'm seeing this game head. Everyone I know personally RL who plays or played agrees. Maybe it's time people need to start canceling. It's just that F'n bad.

It broke the game and they're adding this when other aspects could be fixed /improved. Sorry, developers this game is going down hill so bad that even if you tried to save it you couldn't.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Greetings!

One of the major questions and concerns we have been seeing thus far in regards to the newly introduced item levels and the changes to how "check" will function is "will Trial of the Magians be affected?"

This is definitely a valid concern and we will be making sure these can still be completed at higher levels. To accomplish this we will be keeping the experience points received for monsters level 99 and below the same and only making adjustments to monsters level 100+.

So basically, everything before Adoulin will still work the way it does currently, and all the monsters for Adoulin and beyond will have this adjustment applied.

Again, having item levels displayed on equipment is just a different way of showing character growth instead of having your character physically level up past level 99.
    (12)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If you charm in lvl100+ gear so that a mob checks EM or less will it stay the duration of the EM or less or will it be based of actual job level vs enemy level?

Also if you call a jug pet will they be able to come out at lvl100+ if you have lvl 100+ gear or will they stay at lvl99?
    (10)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    One of the major questions and concerns we have been seeing thus far in regards to the newly introduced item levels and the changes to how "check" will function is "will Trial of the Magians be affected?"

This is definitely a valid concern and we will be making sure these can still be completed at higher levels. To accomplish this we will be keeping the experience points received for monsters level 99 and below the same and only making adjustments to monsters level 100+.

So basically, everything before Adoulin will still work the way it does currently, and all the monsters for Adoulin and beyond will have this adjustment applied.
    Good call.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorror View Post
    If you charm in lvl100+ gear so that a mob checks EM or less will it stay the duration of the EM or less or will it be based of actual job level vs enemy level?

Also if you call a jug pet will they be able to come out at lvl100+ if you have lvl 100+ gear or will they stay at lvl99?
    If it goes by the level of gear on you, time to start collecting all of the highest level stuff for BST...
    (3)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    If it goes by the level of gear on you, time to start collecting all of the highest level stuff for BST...
    Apparently by this system you'd only need one piece of high level gear to boost the pets level if it follows the same pattern as this EXP check.
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I never thought I'd say this, but at this point, can the "storyline" be wrapped up so that those who want to move onto FFXIV can do so without feeling like they missed out on the conclusion of the game? I mean, end-game can go for the end of time if people want to play it, but I think it's about time the story come to a close.

The only reason I say this is because I fear that there will never be a conclusion. With all of these item levels being implemented, I feel like the game is being artificially extended until people stop playing and at that point the plug might be pulled without a conclusion. If we can be guaranteed a conclusion, then i'm fine with it, but I honestly feel like it's time to start looking towards the direction of a full conclusion.
    (6)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Im slightly confused about the item level thing. Is the basic idea that while there is no future level cap increase planned, by equipping level 115 gear, that in affect becomes our level? The idea being that in order to obtain level 115 gear, we should have roughly level 110 gear and so-on?

The stats offered by say level 115 gear would be comparable to if there was a level cap increase (not that i'm suggesting that, I like level 99).
    (0)

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast