Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    They cannot.
    Ofcourse they can. They can tack that information into the monster array and the load packets when you run in range of a monster.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes but that would mean changing the amount and type of data concerning that packet, and they said in the past they have no intention to do that.
    Altough I would agree with you if you were to say that such a statement doesn't really mean anything, given their lack of coherence...

I was just saying that if we assume for a moment that they truly, REALLY don't want to change packet data (maybe it's really an old and core-part of the system full of spaghetti uncommented code and they don't really want to mess with that?) then they have no way to achieve such a goal.

Either way I don't see the problem, why bothering with complicated (?) solutions when they could just make it viewable during /check and make everybody happy without changing the game "philosophy" of having to check a monster and without having to spend more than 30mins of human resources to do that, instead of wasting time in crappy systems like the one mentioned in the first post of this thread?
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargent View Post
    I think SE are completely oblivious to the part where people are gear swapping and have been for most of the game's existence.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    This is a terrible idea. Please stop worrying about experience points and spend time thinking about ways to make the game fun.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I know Matsui did not beat Maat till after he took lead if he even has beat him yet, but please tell me he at least gear swaps, because this idea... makes it sound very non-gear swap, and thus, a whole~ lot of players will get nothing from the /check changes except problems.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    How about stop wasting time on retarded stuff and start fixing the crap that needs fixing.

Every man hour thats wasted on this could be spent revamping RMEs.
    And most of all this!

This is a waste of time and effort, I don't care one bit about exp (does anybody?), and I certainly don't give a damn whether a monster checks "even match, high evasion and defense" or "tough, low evasion and defense".
    (11)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 06-18-2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If they want to touch the check system at all, maybe they should consider making it actually useful. Half the playerbase doesn't even know what the messages about defense and evasion mean, and if you did it's still not only requires a bit of calculation to know what its saying, but it's still a highly imprecise measurement.

I'd really prefer Item Level just be a way to show advancement visibly.
    This. What's the point of having item levels if they're just going to be functionally the same as a job level? You might as well have just increased the level cap. I get the need to have ilevel to give a general idea of what kind of strength the item was planned with, but having it actually affect the gameplay in a way like this is just unnecessary and annoying.
    (13)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    Unbalanced compared to Abyssea? Is there something we're missing here?
    My thoughts exactly. Why now? This has been unbalanced for years.
    (0)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I fail to understand SE doing this other then to try to divide the player base even further from those who do large endgame events and those who don't. At least in the past the only difference was slightly more power and maybe some extra effects but now this is gonna make the difference between playerbase larger then ever.

I think this will hurt the game even more towards new players who want to join.

SE stop trying to make this game unappealing to the players to try to boose FF:XIV sales, that game sucks it will always suck and no matter how much of our money you take it won't change.
    (7)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    SE stop trying to make this game unappealing to the players to try to boose FF:XIV sales, that game sucks it will always suck and no matter how much of our money you take it won't change.
    But, you get NEW AVATARS on FFXIV! Isn't that what you wanted?
    (2)

Character
    Alahra
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If you guys are actually concerned about the rate of XP gain, you should probably go back and take a good, hard look at Abyssea and Grounds of Valor.

All this is going to do is make it difficult to complete XP-based Magian Trials, with Augmented Relic pieces suffering the most since Dynamis monsters are already on the lower end of the XP-curve at 99.

There's also the fact that most players learn about gear-swapping eventually, and most players tackling difficult content are expected to do so to perform well. Our effective level will be changing frequently as a result. There's not going to be any real benefit to this system when most of us only wear a few pieces of the newer gear. Older gear is still often optimal for different purposes, and the current design structure of "one size fits all" for new Adoulin gear suggests that this will continue. No Monk (for example) is ever going to wear Manibozho Gloves.

The development team needs to take a step back and think about how we actually play the game and reconcile that with how they seem to *want* us to play the game. There are some stark differences between these two things.
    (5)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alahra View Post
    All this is going to do is make it difficult to complete XP-based Magian Trials
    There's no reason to start now.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Let's sum this up:

- Best available bayld gear is enough to complete all quests / missions
    - Current highest item level is 120
    - Item level will surpass level 120

Conclusion: Can we agree that it is highly unlikely that characters currently with the best delve gear would be able to defeat the final story-line boss (likely a couple years away)? I mean, if SE is going this item progression approach, then why would they allow players to be powerful enough to clear the story-line within two months of the expansions release? Thus, future bayld gear will have to be stronger than the best currently available gear. Otherwise we are being told that two years from now, they are going to release this story-line megaboss that is currently weaker than a delve boss.

What does this tell me?: I should sit and wait, not do delve, do daily coalitions tasks, play lots of FFXIV and not worry about endgame events until the story-line has been completed.
    (5)

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast