Thread: Looking For LS

Character
    Ryukishi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Looking For LS

Hi me and my brother started playing again a couple months ago. We've been having some trouble with linkshell's. We're looking for a ls that will help out with anything really. My brother has been working on his almace but there's only so much we can duo. We are getting sick of joining linkshell's helping other people with all their weapons and seals and stuff only to get shafted when we ask for help. If there are any active LS out there that help out and need help please let me know. He is on the verge of quitting and so am I at this point. I have Whm99, Blm99, Drg99, Mnk99, Bst99. My brother has Nin99, Pld99, Bst99, Dnc99, and is working on Blu atm. If anyone needs active friendly helpful members by all means let me know and we will join. Sorry if I ranted or anything and by all means we will help out if we can we just ask not to be ignored when we ask for help.
    (0)

Character
    Ryukishi
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Well I'm still playing but my brother quit. Still looking for a Linkshell if anyone has one that is active and actually helps out.
    (0)

How is there only so much you can do duo? You can duo all of Almace, including the horn stage. Just look up the many videos on youtube of fights vs Apademak (I've soloed him personally.) You can go NIN + WHM/BLM and do just fine. Abyssea is really low man content, you shouldn't expect much help in there from an LS because they are tired of it I'm sure. I think you would have more fun trying to duo things in Abyssea together (which is 100% possible) and learning how to do it effectively than trying to throw 5 people at it with an LS. If you need help in learning how to do that just ask, or view videos and forums. There is tons of info out there compiled for almost every job in this game. Check out the ffxiah.com forums for each job there is pretty much always a guide that you can use as a base line for gear and strategy.
    (0)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Most of the comments I've seen about duo-able and solo-able content require a R/M/E weapon.....

If you don't have one, and are looking for help on Abyssea content so you can effectively participate in the SoA stuff, look up me, or my husband. There's only 4 of us right now, with maybe a couple new additions. BUT, we are steadily working through Abyssea content so we can all have the +2 gear and then get started on Adoulin stuff. We're not a large group, but we are very friendly and very helpful. My husband and I are mostly on Pacific time, weeknights and weekends.

Miradel
    Wildkeylaume

We'll probably be online tonight if you're checking up on your thread for updates.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How is there only so much you can do duo?
    Says the heavily geared and experienced player lol.

These guys have only been playing a couple months, its doubtful they are geared in +1s much less +2s/nni/salvage/SoA/etc gear, have anything other than ah weapons or maybe just maybe an elemental trial weapon, helpful gears from expansion completions, hard to get aby gear such as epona's, all their spells, etc.
    (1)

You dont NEED those things. I swear I should make a video showing just how damn easy it is. You need to realize we are level 99 now, Abyssea content is 80~90. It does not take much to gear up to be able to duo these NMs. Prime example, get some bayld from Adoulin areas and go buy the summoner sachet from the bayld NPC. Use that sachet and you can pretty much duo a large amount of NMs in abyssea. One summoner can use an elemental spirit to try and proc even. Or you could get bayld gear and go BLU or any assortment of DD and use that to get abyssea gear. Hell, you could use perle or teal and duo low tier NMs DD + WHM with some atma (do atma as pet jobs or be ready for a challenge, which many new players are too lazy for.) I'm telling you it can 100% be done duo, people are just so damn lazy and unable to break out of that mentality that they need help from everyone and they start begging.

If you would like proof of it I can prove it, I can wear the crappiest gear available and still beat those NMs.
    (0)

Character
    Miradel
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes, I'm sure you can. What you are not taking into account is that many people don't have many atmas. Mages generally recommend Minikin Monstrosity. Can you solo/duo Durinn? That is one fight I'd like to see in perle, teal or aurora gear with crappy atmas.

The point is that from a lowbie's point of view, this is the process:

Level a pet job or evasion job to 99 since they might not necessarily have one.
    Get mediocre gear for the job they didn't want to level in the first place.
    Somewhere in the getting of gear, lots of you recommend magian trial weapons, which take a lot of time, which you're getting for a job you don't want to play in the first place.
    Solo/Duo some mobs to get some basic atmas.
    Beg/plead/pay for someone to help them kill the higher level, more difficult NM's that drop the useful atmas. (Durinn anyone?)
    Kill some more NM's for the abyssites they need to help the cruor buffs and their allotment of time/traverser stones.
    Get the bare minimum of useful atmas so they can then try to solo/duo mobs that drop the seals/atmas/+2 items they need for the job they really want to play.

This is a HUGE undertaking for someone who wants to get gear for the job they are actually wanting to play. Once you have your pet/evasion job leveled, geared, abyssite-ed and atma'd, then sure, soloing/duoing is not that hard. This is the process I went through to get to the point where I can now solo/duo some stuff. Thankfully, I ended up actually liking Dancer, though I had to force myself to level nin as a sub. I went 7 years playing this game without touching nin, only to be forced to level it so I could progress through content. I even leveled bst, and have some really crappy gear for that, but my husband has leveled cooking, so I'm able to spam Dawn Mulsum's as my 'strategy'.

Take the challenge, go solo/duo Durinn without an R/M/E/Delve weapon and some mediocre gear. Also make sure that you only use atma's that are able to be solo/duo'd under the same circumstances.

I must say, I find myself increasingly hostile to people who think it's a simple thing to get geared with Abyssea gear via solo/duo/pug's. You tend to forget the large amount of time/effort spent just getting to the point where it's remotely possible.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    You dont NEED those things. <snip>

If you would like proof of it I can prove it, I can wear the crappiest gear available and still beat those NMs.
    Nah, none of that would prove it. Here's what would prove it. Create a new character on a new server where you have no friends to help you out. Now go get +2's and solo zone end bosses by yourself in a 2 days. Which is about how long this poster has been back in the game.

Remember what they say, video or it didn't happen.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Laume View Post
    Nah, none of that would prove it. Here's what would prove it. Create a new character on a new server where you have no friends to help you out. Now go get +2's and solo zone end bosses by yourself in a 2 days. Which is about how long this poster has been back in the game.

Remember what they say, video or it didn't happen.
    Idiot, you don't need to get all +2's and zone wins in two days... The point is, its duoable. I wouldn't expect some of the best gear in two days in any MMO I would play.

Yes, I'm sure you can. What you are not taking into account is that many people don't have many atmas. Mages generally recommend Minikin Monstrosity. Can you solo/duo Durinn? That is one fight I'd like to see in perle, teal or aurora gear with crappy atmas.

The point is that from a lowbie's point of view, this is the process:

Level a pet job or evasion job to 99 since they might not necessarily have one.
    Get mediocre gear for the job they didn't want to level in the first place.
    Somewhere in the getting of gear, lots of you recommend magian trial weapons, which take a lot of time, which you're getting for a job you don't want to play in the first place.
    Solo/Duo some mobs to get some basic atmas.
    Beg/plead/pay for someone to help them kill the higher level, more difficult NM's that drop the useful atmas. (Durinn anyone?)
    Kill some more NM's for the abyssites they need to help the cruor buffs and their allotment of time/traverser stones.
    Get the bare minimum of useful atmas so they can then try to solo/duo mobs that drop the seals/atmas/+2 items they need for the job they really want to play.

This is a HUGE undertaking for someone who wants to get gear for the job they are actually wanting to play. Once you have your pet/evasion job leveled, geared, abyssite-ed and atma'd, then sure, soloing/duoing is not that hard. This is the process I went through to get to the point where I can now solo/duo some stuff. Thankfully, I ended up actually liking Dancer, though I had to force myself to level nin as a sub. I went 7 years playing this game without touching nin, only to be forced to level it so I could progress through content. I even leveled bst, and have some really crappy gear for that, but my husband has leveled cooking, so I'm able to spam Dawn Mulsum's as my 'strategy'.

Take the challenge, go solo/duo Durinn without an R/M/E/Delve weapon and some mediocre gear. Also make sure that you only use atma's that are able to be solo/duo'd under the same circumstances.

I must say, I find myself increasingly hostile to people who think it's a simple thing to get geared with Abyssea gear via solo/duo/pug's. You tend to forget the large amount of time/effort spent just getting to the point where it's remotely possible.
    Durinn is easy, one of the easiest NMs in abyssea lol. Dvalinn is a lot harder yes but still duoable with pet jobs. Without atma you can duo it on BST99 with pet. You can shout in the process of this or join an LS, but the point is that the option is there to advance without needing to beg for help. It isn't a huge undertaking at all for someone playing consistently, it would take a week or two to gear up a gimpy BST that could duo atma. Quest the questable abyssites that enhance max HP/MP etc.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast