Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Character
    Bloodpool
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ya I'm fixed as well. Love how there is no official comment at all yet.
    (0)

Character
    Elizara
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fixed now too. Hopefully we will hear wtf happened soon.
    (0)

I really need to get a new sig..

Elizara of Quetz, formerly of Midgard
    99WHM/BLM/SMN/THF/BST

Character
    Devaniel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It works for me. So all is fixed. I am happy that it is all back to normal -- for now...

Still, I am concerned over the fact SE has never announced anything on the subject. Nothing when the problem was known, nothing to say what caused it, nothing to say what is fixing/has fixed it, nothing to say it was hopefully resolved. Absolute, 100 percent lack of silence.

Again, I understand things happen. I'm not mad at the fact this issue happened per se. Yes, I couldn't play, it sucked, but those things happen. It just concerns me that this is/was a significant problem and nothing was said. No SE employee in this thread spoke, nothing on the POL-FFXI website, nothing that can be found when logging into the game, absolutely nothing.

Did we see info regarding the forum update early in the day 6/14/13? Yes. We also saw an extension on that maintenance. (And I must note the forums did act slow as heck yesterday during all of this madness described throughout the thread.) So if they can post about that, they could have posted about this and gave us some explanations as to what was going on.

Login issues can suck, but this lack of official communication from SE regarding a service we pay for is 100 percent unacceptable. I'm not even asking for a discount or free service or anything. All I want is to be kept in the loop, not be in here with a bunch of fellow FFXIers wondering what is going on. Really, is that too much to ask?

Apparently, based on SE's silence, it is.
    (4)

Character
    Neraya
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Some apologies would be a nice start. But really the worst thing is the lack of communication from SE. They know this, they confirm this to the few lucky one that was able to contact them and for everyone else... nothing
    (1)
    Last edited by Nerathun; 06-16-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Tarutaru eater is here !

Character
    Devaniel
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So I get this e-mail today...

Dear Customer,

Our records show that you recently contacted Square Enix Customer Service to receive assistance.
    We are very interested to hear more about your experience during this process and it would be greatly appreciated if you could spare a few moments to answer a short survey and help us to improve our service.
    Yeah they got a reply from me and I told them to go right to this thread and read it if they cared enough to fix the issue.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Not all internet connectivity problems are SE's fault. There are several routers your message needs to pass through, and a lot of us pass through similar routers when connecting to FFXI. If one of those routers along the way experiences bandwidth issues, or any number of technical problems I can't begin to comprehend, everyone trying to send a signal through it will suffer the consequences.

Now if EVERYONE was having difficulties connecting to FFXI, that would (most likely) be SE's fault, and something they need to fix. I had a few problems myself a few days ago, but they cleared up shortly afterwards and never came back. None of my LS mates had any connection difficulty at all.

If the problem is being caused by routers that SE doesn't own, there's really nothing they can do.

Edit: Nothing they can do except tell the player base they are aware of the issue and it is being caused by something beyond their own control.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 06-16-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Character
    Zazhi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I was also able to log in this morning. I changed areas several times and logged out and back in without incident on multiple characters. There seems to be a consensus that the issue was the release of the new expansion or beta or whatever it was. If that is indeed the case, I say this: if you (SE) do not have enough servers or bandwidth or whatever to sustain ALL your paying customers, then GET MORE! I pay for this service and I expect to be able to access it whenever I please and for however long I please. You advertise a service, expect people to pay for it but can't keep it going full time. If I failed to provide my service to my employer, I'd get fired. I am admittedly addicted to this game. It's the only reason I keep coming back. Thanks to SE's stellar customer service practices, though, I will NEVER purchase another SE product; and, if I ever manage to break the spell of this one, I am gone.
    (0)
    Zazhi

Character
    Bloodpool
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not all internet connectivity problems are SE's fault. There are several routers your message needs to pass through, and a lot of us pass through similar routers when connecting to FFXI. If one of those routers along the way experiences bandwidth issues, or any number of technical problems I can't begin to comprehend, everyone trying to send a signal through it will suffer the consequences.

Now if EVERYONE was having difficulties connecting to FFXI, that would (most likely) be SE's fault, and something they need to fix. I had a few problems myself a few days ago, but they cleared up shortly afterwards and never came back. None of my LS mates had any connection difficulty at all.

If the problem is being caused by routers that SE doesn't own, there's really nothing they can do.

Edit: Nothing they can do except tell the player base they are aware of the issue and it is being caused by something beyond their own control.
    How about we let SE tell everybody, ahh forget it why I even replied to you is beyond me.
    (0)

Character
    Tanuko
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 4
    I get message from GM that they asked me to check environment contact ISP, reset modem, restart computer... Well this is SE side problem because I did trace network and delay happened on SE side... I also played FFXIV in same time and there is no problem. I assume they adjust bandwidth for FFXIV on the day.

GM told me that I can contact customer support via through Forum but no respond or official apologize yet ... BTW, this is global problem not only in USA.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34627
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34631

I hope this never happen again!
    (1)
    Last edited by Minamikun; 06-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Character
    Kyogi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Welp glad I wasn't the only one because just had this happen to me this morning was otw to the tree, when I tried to zone into ZiTah screen was stuck at "Downloading Data" til it kicked me out with a POL 3001 code, can't log into main but can sure as hell log into mules.

Based on what everyone else has tried to do I am at wits end.
    (0)

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast