Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Puppetmaster Demand Thread

I wanted to create this thread so that Puppetmaster have somewhere to consolidate all of our questions and demands. I believe by creating a main thread that highlights all the wants of PUP, the Dev team will be able to answer our concerns faster because they can focus on one thread instead of multiple ones. Please try to post, in this thread, anything that you believe is a current day problem for Puppetmasters that need to be addressed, and let's hope we get some stuff fixed and our questions addressed!
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Just to get the ball rolling, Here are some popular topics that puppetmasters have been discussing:
    * Manuever Recast/Duration

*Increase in maximum amount of manuevers (four instead of three)

* Manuever Animation (Whether or not to have it)

* Decrease in burden generated by Manuevers (Overload)

* New Pet Frame/Head

*New Attachments

* New Animators

* What the hidden effects of Alternator is

*Addition of PUP to Relic

* Revamp of Overdrive

* Ravamp of Harliquin Frame

* Revamp of attachments

*New Job Abilities for PUP

* Addition of automaton enhancing armor

* Saving Attachment Pre sets in macros or similary to Blue Mage

This is a brief list, but please post any information regarding these topics, or even others.

***Disclaimer*** These are not necessarily things that I want to see fixed, these bullet points are problems that puppetmasters have simply discussed before in the past.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 06-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinron-PUP View Post
    * Manuever Recast/Duration
    This is actually a valid point, the duration, is lacking.
    I mean come on. Why not 12. They would have to retool the way every attachment works to cover 4 maneuvers.
    This is not a PUP only issue, this is a HIGHLY discussed problem across many jobs, JA delay.
    * Decrease in burden generated by Maneuvers (Overload)
    If they realistically decreased it any less, it wouldn't even exist if you use af3+2 body/collar/hands.
    * New Pet Frame/Head
    Pup has 5 different set ups... what could you possibly want as another one? a Dragoon?
    *New Attachments
    Another one, what attachment could you possibly want, they've given us nearly 100 already.
    * New Animators
    Alternator... nuff' said.
    Really? Just use the thing. And love it while we have it.
    Not gonna happen, just let it go, sphari is lackluster anyway.
    * Revamp of Overdrive
    A second legit point, yes, overdrive is pretty blah.
    * Ra vamp of Harliquin Frame
    Whatever possible reason for this?
    * Revamp of attachments
    Some attachments *could* use an adjustment, but that's mainly because alternator negated them.
    Any possible example? You want bergressor and zanhasso on every job?
    There is a ton of "pet" enhancing gear already, the alternator is simply amazing.
    This one could be worthwhile, pre-sets for each individual automation, it's probably too hard to actually do though.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karah; 06-14-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually the only things that really concerns me is Manuever duration and recast time. Everything else I stated has simply been on behalf of other concerns named by other Puppetmasters. The reason I'd like to bring attention to manuever recast timer is because after being a proud owner of Kenkonken, I can spam manuevers but it almost seems useless simply because I only have a 30 second window in which all three manuevers stay on. It's becomes so tedious spamming wind manuever 50 bajillion times on Ranger Pet and I think it could easily be fixed. If they can't extend the duration of manuevers, they can lower the recast time. If they made manuevers 3 second delay inbetween, we would instead have a 51 second window with three manuevers up and could quickly communicate with our pets if we need to switch to different manuevers. The 10 second recast delay was a handicap so that new puppetmasters wouldn't overload themselves quickly, I think it's time we take this handicap off... PUPs will learn how to work with lower recast timer on manuevers despite more frequent overlods if they over do it. We currently can't use our pet to our full potentially because we're spending all of our battle time just throwing up manuevers and it's a bit of a headache...
    (5)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Actually the only things that really concerns me is Manuever duration and recast time. Everything else I stated has simply been on behalf of other concerns named by other Puppetmasters. The reason I'd like to bring attention to manuever recast timer is because after being a proud owner of Kenkonken, I can spam manuevers but it almost seems useless simply because I only have a 30 second window in which all three manuevers stay on. It's becomes so tedious spamming wind manuever 50 bajillion times on Ranger Pet and I think it could easily be fixed. If they can't extend the duration of manuevers, they can lower the recast time. If they made manuevers 3 second delay inbetween, we would instead have a 51 second window with three manuevers up and could quickly communicate with our pets if we need to switch to different manuevers. The 10 second recast delay was a handicap so that new puppetmasters wouldn't overload themselves quickly, I think it's time we take this handicap off... PUPs will learn how to work with lower recast timer on manuevers despite more frequent overlods if they over do it. We currently can't use our pet to our full potentially because we're spending all of our battle time just throwing up manuevers and it's a bit of a headache...
    It's 40 seconds for 3 maneuvers, since the first starts at 0, not 10.

Splitting maneuvers into their own recast would probably be the easiest and most effective. You could set up 3 maneuvers in 2 seconds, as long as they are different ones. Stacking 3 same ones would still take 20 seconds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 06-17-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    I played PUP a few years ago but I'd love to get peoples opinion:

Why can't PUP maneuvers just be constant? So if you activate the automaton, use wind maneuver three times, assuming the automaton doesn't consume those maneuvers would it be overpowered for them to simply remain until overwritten/automaton despawns?

When I did play PUP, using maneuvers really ruined the job for me... the animation is too long and really ruins the flow of battle.
    (7)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    It's 40 seconds for 3 maneuvers, since the first starts at 0, not 10.

Splitting maneuvers into their own recast would probably be the easiest and most effective. You could set up 3 maneuvers in 2 seconds, as long as they are different ones. Stacking 3 same ones would still take 20 seconds.
    With the new testing of how the heat sink works, this would be pretty remarkable. Especially for Sharpshot and Spiritreaver. You could quickly water -> ice or wind, then ice or wind, then ice or wind. The water will basically near always prevent an overload even if you are spamming maneuvers.

In fact for anyone who is having burden problems, I suggest you A) attach the heat sink if you don't have it already to ANY frame you are using, and B) learn how it works.

On topic with the OP's stuff, the only thing that I really care about is longer maneuver durations. I don't care how they decide to do it (e.g. based on level, increasing job traits, based on the animator, just overall increase, etc.) just that it is done.
    (0)
    Last edited by Annalise; 06-18-2013 at 12:10 AM.

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Please give the Refresh to Master as well on this piece. For a half mage build. I would much appreciate it
    (4)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalise View Post
    With the new testing of how the heat sink works, this would be pretty remarkable. Especially for Sharpshot and Spiritreaver. You could quickly water -> ice or wind, then ice or wind, then ice or wind. The water will basically near always prevent an overload even if you are spamming maneuvers.
    You can do that already. For example on Spiritreaver, you could Dark > Water > Ice (as soon as Absorb-INT begins) > Ice > Ice (while nuke is casting). The first 3 maneuvers take 20 seconds, but with my suggestion it would only be 2 seconds, but the last two still take another 20 seconds either way.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Manuever Recast/Duration i think the whole point of the Manuever Recast/Duration is to keep pup balance from what SE said back then. we already took asuran fists from mnk, they not going to take the speed also. Alternator + rigor already makes you an god.

>.>

same thing other dude said

* Decrease in burden generated by Manuevers (Overload)
    overload is not even a problem anymore with +2 AF body

* New Pet Frame/Head
    would be nice

*New Attachments

would want more space then new attachments at this point

* New Animators
    Alternator?

why did you ask for new animator if you already knew about the alternator?
    and the hidden effect is kinda obvious if you use it

relic is not going to happen, same as for geo and rune, your relic is the Kenkonken

* Revamp of Overdrive
    would be nice but we got that from our Alternator

* Ravamp of Harliquin Frame
    they could do something to this pet. maybe change it to an mnk pet?

* Revamp of attachments
    some need to be worked on

iam always open to new abilities

i guess

iam still waiting for this but you could change your pet in under 15 sec once you get the hang of it.

and i fail at quote
    (0)
    Last edited by nyheen; 06-18-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast