Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Kingofswords
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. As a life llong resident of Windurst I want a Cardian instead of an Automaton.
    (1)
    The Original Blue Mage

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Inafking View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. As a life llong resident of Windurst I want a Cardian instead of an Automaton.
    Or a Caturae, Iron Giant or Ghrah
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Would be funny if the Automaton transformed into an Iron Giant on Overdrive!
    Dreams.... w
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    A big problem that I have with the new addition of enhancing magic to our automatons is that we can't even use them outside of battle... Puppetmaster now has access to Protect V/Shell V/ Phalanx/ Stoneskin/Haste Etc, but they're spell meant to be casted before going into battle and not right when you're fighting. If i'm soloing a notorious monster that casts Thundaga 16, I'd like to know that I can have Shell V up before I fight him and without needing a monster to deploy before I can get it on.

Here is my proposal to fix the problem (Job Ability):
    Encore
    Causes your Automaton to use (one/an) enhancing spell outside of battle.
    Recast: 5~10 seconds

With this, we can make proper use of our enhancing spells without always needing a monster to recieve it.

Here's some more wishful thinking to top off the previous posts. I would like to see it at some point where the Master can cure its automaton using magic like Cure III/IV... If my Automaton can cure me, why can't I cure him? I don't want other players to necessarily be able to cure my pet, but If I could /rdm and cure my PLD pet, it would make him actually a formidable tank and introduce more support jobs to playing Puppetmaster. Of course this would make other pet jobs want to be able to heal their pets with magic, but I think our pets are designed to be images of players rather than monsters, so I don't think it's to far fetch to be able to cure our pet. Also as a side note, with optimal MP gear on, I have 1022 MP with /RDM on Puppetmaster... It makes me sad to see that MP not have some sort of usefulness towards my automaton .

Another addition that might seem more reasonable is an attachment that gives our pets enfeebling resistance. We have magic defense bonus already, but our pets still have absolutely no resistance to paralyze/poison/sleep/etc, unless I were to use overdrive. One of my favorite events in the game is ballista, but it seems not really worth it when a player can spam Sleep II on my pet until both Repair/Maintenance recast timers aren't quick enough to erase it. I know ballista is a dead event, but this same thing can be applied to the real game... Repair/Maintenance can only go so far when a monster is spamming silence or any other enfeebling... Attachments like the following would be great!

Resistor:
    Increases Pets resistance to enfeebling the more it is casted.
    (Water Manuever)

or

Enfeeble Shield:
    Increases chance of resisting an enfeeble.
    Water Manuever 0 (10%) 1 (25%) 2 (50%) 3 (75%)
    (2)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 06-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinron-PUP View Post
    Here is my proposal to fix the problem (Job Ability):
    Encore
    Causes your Automaton to use (one/an) enhancing spell outside of battle.
    Recast: 5~10 seconds

With this, we can make proper use of our enhancing spells without always needing a monster to recieve it.
    Sentry
    Automaton enters combat-mode without requiring an active target, but cannot move as a consequence. Will not attack, only cast defensive spells and abilities. Siege, Sentry and Deploy overwrite each other.

Siege
    Automaton gains increased range on attacks (melee and range) and spells, but cannot move as a consequence. Gains damage reduction and enfeebling resistance while in Siege mode. Siege, Sentry and Deploy overwrite each other.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kristal; 06-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.

6. 06-28-2013 03:09 AM

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Sentry
    Automaton enters combat-mode without requiring an active target, but cannot move as a consequence. Will not attack, only cast defensive spells and abilities. Siege, Sentry and Deploy overwrite each other.

Siege
    Automaton gains increased range on attacks (melee and range) and spells, but cannot move as a consequence. Gains damage reduction and enfeebling resistance while in Siege mode. Siege, Sentry and Deploy overwrite each other.
    Now that I think of it, if they really would allow our pets to cast enhancing spells outside of battle, they should simply just make our automatons perform enhancing magic just like NPCs where they automatically do it as we run around (not deployed). That would really just make life easier.

Also to comment on Sentry,Siege... I like where you're going. Is anyone familiar with Paradym Shifts from FF13? Hopefully... I was thinking they should add similiar pet command to paradym shifts that makes the automaton go into certain battle stances (hear me out):

Ranged Paradym:
    The automaton will walk max yalms away from the battle target and fight at a distance (At all times).
    Bonuses: the automaton will recieve Magic Attack Bonus, Magic Accuracy Bonus, Ranged ACC, Ranged ATT, and reduction in Ranged attack delay and recast for Black magic spell
    Negative: Cannot fight up close/Reduction in defense/Magic defense
    Recast: 30 seconds

Attacker Paradym
    The automaton will fight up close to the battle target at all times.
    Bonus: the automaton will recieve EVA Bonus, ATT Bonus, and ACC bonus
    Negative: lose defense and magic defense.
    Recast: 30 seconds

Defensive Paradym
    The automaton will fight up close at all times. During this paradym he will have an active Cover (taking all dmg from those behind him same as PLD). However the Automaton cannot fight during this time.
    Bonuses: recieves Physical DMG taken down, MDT down, and defense bonus, Shield block bonus, and enmity bonus.
    Negatives: Cannot attack during this paradym.

Healer Paradym
    The Automaton will stand at max distance from battle target. During this paradym, it will only cast healing magic.
    Bonuses: The automaton will recieve recast time down for curing spells will be reduced and curing potency bonus to pet
    Negatives: it cannot attack/use any other spell besides healing magic.

These are really a rough idea of what I mean, but my hopes would be for paradyms to act as pet commands (Similar to manuevers) so that instead of us having to resituate our pet away from mobs with strong AoEs or trying to reposition RNG pet up close when he stands back and fights from afar, or even spamming light manuevers to get our pet to cure us only, we can just use a pet command to make him move to where he needs to be, and perform how we need him to during battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 06-28-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The repositioning aspect of Ranged Paradym doesn't work in FFXI, but it should be possible to keep the maton from running into melee range if deployed beyond ranged attack range.
    (0)

Character
    Absinthe
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    At the risk of sounding like a severely broken-beyond-all-repair record... I want to be able to store Automaton Attachment sets for a minimum of 3 different configurations. That is all.
    (0)

Since everyone is throwing ideas here, I thought I would too^^

My idea is a new frame and head for puppetmaster.

Soulreaper

Dark Knight,
    Scythe weapon
    Dark knight class magic spells list.

This frame would be almost pure DD of course, with a touch of magic like the absorb series (priority based on maneuver, tho maybe an issue for dark I'm not sure)

Being a Dark knight job it would have greater focus on attack power and thus be physically weaker with less HP (Maybe around 1720 at 99), Vit, and Agi then Valoredge, but higher Int, and slightly higher Str, and Dex, and of course a reasonable pool of MP by 99 (Say harlequin's pool size)

Using both head and frame would give +2 to melee skill with a base magic skill. For example, it would give an A+ melee, and C+ magic skill. Which I "think" is inline with stormwaker using the Black mage or White mage head. (Maybe B- magic, difficult to say)

Elemental slots:

Head:
    3 fire; 0 wind; 3 thunder; 0 light
    2 ice; 2 earth; 0 water; 3 dark

Frame:
    4 fire; 2 wind; 3 thunder; 2 light
    3 ice; 2 earth; 3 water; 4 dark

I believe that would give a balance to use other heads reasonably as needed, but still maintain the basic stats Soulreaper would give.

This frame would have a 400 delay attack, the head would have a 24 second universal delay, 30 second elemental, a 36 second enfeebling, and 27 second dark magic delay. He's meant to melee afterall, with magic on the side.

Figuring out magic priorities are a bit harder, partly due to the fact I've never leveled Dark knight lol. And also because of how the casting AI would sort them, esp the absorb spells.

It's also harder to say if this frame should have access to some of the Valoredge WS's for ease of programming and ability, plus the shared slashing damage base, or a completely new set. Personally I lean towards the latter for more dazzling effect, and sake of freshness^^

A couple of skill based attachments would be nice as well.

Like Weapon bash, souleater, and nether void. Perhaps slightly altered and renamed to fit the automation, esp souleater.

Edited: After careful consideration, I decided why the frame would have 7 dark slots, which is as follows:

Souleater would be a dark element, as well as nether void, and use 3 dark slots.

Souleater would have a duration of 30s, with a cooldown time of about 5 minutes. This puts it a little bit faster then the Drk skill, but this also has a shorter duration too.

I would say drains about 8% HP for 4% boost in damage. This would blend well with the shorter duration and cooldown I think, while still giving a respectable damage boost, and having a accuracy boost of about 15. This would obviously favor dark maneuvers, and thus be activated by such, I would say 2 dark would force activation.

Nether Void, also a dark slot skill, taking up 2 slots.

It would have a duration of 1 minute, with a 3 minute cooldown. (I say 3 instead of 5 due to the limited way of curing an automation vs an actual player.) It would give a flat boost of 65% to all appropriate spells. This would take only 1 dark maneuver to trigger activation. (this could help with souleater.)

The Soulreaper head would prioritize spells used with Nether void based on HP > MP > Damage.
    Basically, if HP is low, it will use drain (the highest tier available) after using nether void, following by Aspir, then absorb spells to boost damage output (favoring Absorb-attri, STR or TP and adjustable by maneuvers active.)

Weapon bash, would be thunder based, taking up 1 slot.

It would of course be instant, with a 3 minute cooldown, and function much like the Drk skill, and hammermill attachment. Causing an increase in damage scaling with greater thunder maneuvers active.
    (1)
    Last edited by Bluestar2kx; 11-11-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3