Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    /nin is the much better option run with inspire merits is the best job to utilize shadows

Im not 100% sure of that yet. Since the update all I have been playing is /nin. Yes it is a great option but what happens if you do get enfeebled? Its not always easy for the whm to get the correct na on you on the first try. Besides you still have blink if you want some shadows. The added stun and healing waltz are a plus for me so far but I need to try on some harder mobs. Mobs outside of Abby.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The problem with /nin is the same issue with main NIN. NMs in Adoulin are designed to combat several DD's at once. As such, many abilities are AoE and wipe shadows. As such, you will spend a considerable amount of time recasting shadows as opposed to the actual frequency of them serving their purpose.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    The problem with /nin is the same issue with main NIN. NMs in Adoulin are designed to combat several DD's at once. As such, many abilities are AoE and wipe shadows. As such, you will spend a considerable amount of time recasting shadows as opposed to the actual frequency of them serving their purpose.
    yeah but we got alot of things Nin main dont have, those AoE shadow wipers abilities are tailor made for foil. Foil is great for mobs who continually spam AoE type abilities and tp moves. Foil <- Battatu <- Shadows together barely lets ANY damage in, the only thing to address is aga spells and we know how to deal with those. the levels of protection first goes Foil <-- then Battatu <-- next Shadows <-- then Stoneskin before you even take a hit. /nin strengthens that mid tier of protection with 2 shadows timers at no mp cost, I personally think its our top option.
    (2)

Finally got the chance to mess about on RUN since meriting it (not finished yet though). 5/5 Battuta is freaking awesome. Great for if aquaveil is down and you can't get buffs up again, or if you get an add or 2. I was only doing the reives in Yahse, but to give you an idea of how good it is, I was RUN/WAR, soloing lair reives and colonisation reives (I was solo as in not in a pt, and noone else was curing me, but there were a couple of other people about).

On a colonisation reive, I could attack the root until I had all 6 mobs on me, then swap to -PDT gear (38% when not using tenebreuse) until I was @ 50%, then disengage the root, move to the wall so they are all in front of me, hit Battuta and start taking them out 1 at a time. 1 or 2 of them would generally be quite low already as I was using Shockwave on the root to AOE them.

With Battuta up, my parry rate seemed to be over 50%. I was expecting to see it around 38% as I thought base was 5% cap and RUN could get a bonus 13% through Inquatarta, and battuta offered 20%, but it was definately over 50%.

With the new combat stills on weapons from august onwards, we might actually be able to parry things of worth with +188 parry skill on bereaver for example.

On top of this, the update that states when wielding a weapon in the main hand that has an item level over 100 and combat skill + on it, you will receive a bonus to interrupt rate, and less shadows will be consumed from AOE attacks, makes RUN/NIN look like an even better option.

Personally I still like /WAR if you're going to get any chance to DD at all. I haven't tried /DRK yet though.
    (1)

Oh and for the record, I went 5/5 Battuta, and going 4/5 Inspiration, 1/5 Rayke.

Group 1 I'm 5/5 Rune Enchantment, but not decided which other(s) I'll go for in group 1.

Any suggestions, or different opinions?
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9