Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Not saying you would, was just thinking how useful it would (should) be for a merit JA.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 06-15-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Oh, you're talking about rayke? Most likely none. If I understand correctly, after you've done enough stuns to tojil, no amount of thunder evasion down, no amount of magic acc up can get a stun to land on him. He's just 100% immune to stun after that.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Ok so just from eyeballing some of these on the test server -

Battua is under the wards category, and the "counter" triggers with every parry, acting as a spikes of the element you warded against - against blanched mandragoras the spikes dealt 84-96 damage per parry. Elemental weakness/strength doesn't seem to play into effect from what I saw, as 3 light runes dealt the same damage as 3 ice runes, and gambit had no effect on it. - Definately needs a longer recast though.

Inspire - not 100% sure but it looks like it with 5/5, it could potentially bypass the fast cast casting time and recast caps, acting as "job ability fast cast" - again not 100% sure since I just played with it abit after work, and all I was using was orveil pants and a seigel sash, but it was very nice for flash and foil. I'll test it some more with /rdm to see if it does actually bypass the caps.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 06-15-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    Inspire - not 100% sure but it looks like it with 5/5, it could potentially bypass the fast cast casting time and recast caps, acting as "job ability fast cast" - again not 100% sure since I just played with it abit after work, and all I was using was orveil pants and a seigel sash, but it was very nice for flash and foil. I'll test it some more with /rdm to see if it does actually bypass the caps.
    You mean the 80% casting time cap? If that's the case that would put the 1/5 at least at 50% (50 + 10 + 10 + 10 +10 = 90). That seems a bit broken although might make stoneskin an option for spamming well every 15 seconds anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Ahh my mistake - I had looked at the wrong info so i assumed the cap was lower - had just gotten home from work and hopped on the test server, so I'm sure somebody who is a bit more mathy and knows the formulas better would be able to give better info - my bad.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Playing with run on the test server right now and there are some amazing enhancements that SE did not mention. First off SE remove the 10 second recast timer for rune enchantment, you can cast multiple runes with no recast at all even before the animation of the last rune is finished. This could make rake + gambit with 3 runes a piece a major damage dealing combination and a nice hate grab. This also potentially address some of the issues run has with multi element casting mobs, now it only take 1 second to pump out 3 runes. God I hope this is not a glitch.

Next inspire is off the chart, stoneskin cast almost as fast as a cure 3 spells and inspire effect the recast of all spells, the recast after I applied stoneskin was 15 seconds. Inspire also affect cacoon as well as other blu magic, and it reduce cacoon's recast by 50%. This leads be to believe it affects all magic. Next I will see it inspire effects ninjutsu.
    (3)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 06-17-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Playing with run on the test server right now and there are some amazing enhancements that SE did not mention. First off SE remove the 10 second recast timer for rune enchantment, you can cast multiple runes with no recast at all even before the animation of the last rune is finished. This could make rake + gambit with 3 runes a piece a major damage dealing combination and a nice hate grab. This also potentially address some of the issues run has with multi element casting mobs, now it only take 1 second to pump out 3 runes. God I hope this is not a glitch.
    It may be a glitch but are you seeing the 0 recast with merits into Rune Enhancement? Reports I read were getting 0 recast with 5/5.

I can't test it myself as I can't hop on the test server so I just get to ask questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Next inspire is off the chart, stoneskin cast almost as cast as a cure 3 spells and inspire effect the recast of all spells, the recast after I applied stoneskin was 15 seconds. Inspire also affect cacoon as well as other blu magic, and it reduce cacoon's recast by 50%. This leads be to believe it affects all magic. Next I will see it inspire effects ninjutsu.
    Was this with haste spell/gear on or without?
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Late last nite I tested out more spells, inspire does effect both Utsusemi: Ichi and Utsusemi: Ni, and it's just a natural fit, with half the recast time. With shadows ichi/ni and battuta, your almost always protected

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    It may be a glitch but are you seeing the 0 recast with merits into Rune Enhancement? Reports I read were getting 0 recast with 5/5.

I can't test it myself as I can't hop on the test server so I just get to ask questions
    Yes I have 5/5 into rune enhancement, that might be the reason for the zero recast time. I'll test this out in a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Was this with haste spell/gear on or without?
    Yes I had about 21% haste gear on but no haste spell, I'll test it without gear tonight.
    (2)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The 0 recast is most likely a glitch, as Zagen said. If it's not a glitch, that would make rune enchantment the first ability ever with no recast on it. Would also be a little broken for generating hate.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just did more testing, the zero rune recast timer is not a glitch. With 5/5 rune enchantment effect you will get zero recast on the timer, I subtracted the merits 0/5 from rune enchantment effect and the recast timer was 10 seconds. In essence, the reduction is 2 seconds per merit, this is a must have.

Next Gambit and Rayke are completely different. Gambit effects elemental defense which in turn increase lunge potency and enspells damage where as Rayke reduce elemental resistances and does not increase lunge damage or enspell damage. Rayke seems to me to lower the mob's ability to resist magic, in other words magic accuracy up for lunges and elemental magic of party members. In my personal opinion Rayke is not worth a merit point, I would pass it up.

Battuta is even better than I thought, if your /nin and have shadows up, the mob must get through your Battuta first before it can remove a shadow. The lines of protection is like this "Evasion > Battuta > Shadows" before you take a hit.
    (2)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast