Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlorsutes View Post
    I like the concept of the attack, but all Ryozen was simply meaning that kanji has nothing to do with the actual description of the attack. Kanji is a writing style in Japan and doesn't have anything to do with the description of the attack, nor does it have anything to do with the hō-ō or the fushichō. All the other great katana weaponskills have a name based on the attack animation (or in Tachi: Rana's case, the mythic weapon it's tied to), such as Tachi: Ageha showing butterflies when Ageha basically means Swallowtail butterfly, Tachi: Gekko shows a full moon and Gekko roughly means "moonlight", etc.

Tachi: Kanji's animation would really have to be about writing characters for the name to fit
    Tachi: Gekko shows a full moon and Gekko means Moonlight. Tachi: Kanji shows a Phoenix and Kanji means Phoenix. I was adding the quote from where I found this out at. It was merely a suggestion based on info that I had read up on and got the idea from this. This is the best way I can explain it, sorry if anyone has trouble understanding my explanation still.
    (0)

Player
    Kanji is a style of writing. Think of it like cursive compared to printing. It's a bit more complicated than that, but it definitely does not mean phoenix.
    Lol, can't stop laughing at the name Tachi: Kanji
    (0)

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Tachi: Gekko shows a full moon and Gekko means Moonlight. Tachi: Kanji shows a Phoenix and Kanji means Phoenix. I was adding the quote from where I found this out at. It was merely a suggestion based on info that I had read up on and got the idea from this. This is the best way I can explain it, sorry if anyone has trouble understanding my explanation still.
    No it doesn't mean phoenix. The quote that you posted showed that the word hō-ō (which is the name of the Japanese equivalent of the phoenix) is written as 鳳凰 in kanji. Likewise, the name fushichō written in kanji is 不死鳥. Kanji is nothing more than a writing style in Japan that uses modified Chinese characters. That's why Ryozen pointed out that something like Tachi: Fushichō would be a more appropriate name, because Fushichō actually has something to do with the phoenix, whereas the word kanji does not.

Like Ryozen and I both said, the actual idea of the WS is nice, and we're not trying to hamper your creativity, we were both just pointing out that Kanji doesn't work as a name for the weaponskill you created.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vlorsutes; 03-24-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Player
    Clearly, Raka needs to read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji

Or maybe not... he's kind of funny
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Ok so from what I have read we have semi agreed on the following...or similar (stil welcome other ideas always )
    Tachi: Fushichō
    Graphic image: The Samurai performs a 360 twirl of his Great Katana while quickly thrusting the blade into the ground; flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature ignite upon impact blazing from the ground up while engolfing the targets within reach of the weapon-skill in flames
    ~I still would need more data to incoperate specifics for this ~

1=The actualy name specifics or meaning I am unsure of ....

2= now what would be the actualy modifiers str? and what percentage

3=would it be a 1 hit or 2 hit since it does a 1 2 combo or would it add fire elemental damage to the attack and be a 1 hit

4=further along the lines would it have a damge mutiplier if done @ 200 tp base or a 300 tp base?

5 =What level skill aquired Also asmuing SE was to incoperate this it would have to be availbale I am guessing post 90 so @ 91 level skill or higher (given gear and merrits might already meen you have it when they make it)
    Just trying to expand on your ideas ... I can understand the importance and w/e of the quality of the name (baring I am still lost 1/2 u talking about for specifics of it lol) But the response and originality and depth research I realy like. I would like to eleaberate on this or incorperate more on this or other ideas as a solid form of a AoE weapon skill we can agree with on and hopefully a Moderator of SE will pick up on it like it and incoperate the ideas. After all isnt that what this forum is about
    (1)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 03-25-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    I read and comprehended your post. Originally you had suggested a name. I questioned it. You replied with your concept again, which is something I never addressed, and you never answered my question.

Not trying to offend anyone, but you're missing the flow of the conversation here.
    the name is the word for phoenix, the animation is of a flaming bird the "phoenix" wtf are u missing
    (0)

RDM90 PLD90 SAM90 NIN90

"Um big bird, joint is a word, not a letter..."

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by krusnik213 View Post
    the name is the word for phoenix, the animation is of a flaming bird the "phoenix" wtf are u missing
    The name that Raka suggested is not the word for phoenix. Ryozen was correcting Raka, as several of us have been trying to do.
    (0)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I got what you are saying ~.* I just dont know how write it in japanse .... So the name being established and debated and properly defined now .... what other dynamics whould be set for it?

concerning number 2 though 5 on the above list?
    (0)

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by krusnik213 View Post
    The name of the Japanese mythological creature that is the equivalent of the western concept of the phoenix is hō-ō, and as I described in my last post, the mix-up as to why Raka thought that Kanji meant phoenix stems from misinterpreting the article that they posted, which was

in Japan, the Phoenix is called hō-ō (kanji: 鳳凰) or fushichō (不死鳥?), literally "Immortal Bird"
    They interpreted that the text in the first set of parentheses was that kanji was a name for the phoenix/hō-ō, when all it's saying is that the name hō-ō is written in kanji as that.

A clearer way of laying out what the article is really trying to say would be something along the lines of, "In Japan, the Phoenix is called hō-ō, which is written in kanji as 鳳凰. Its alternate name, fushichō, or "immortal bird", is written in kanji as 不死鳥"
    (1)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlorsutes View Post
    The name of the Japanese mythological creature that is the equivalent of the western concept of the phoenix is hō-ō, and as I described in my last post, the mix-up as to why Raka thought that Kanji meant phoenix stems from misinterpreting the article that they posted, which was

They interpreted that the text in the first set of parentheses was that kanji was a name for the phoenix/hō-ō, when all it's saying is that the name hō-ō is written in kanji as that.

A clearer way of laying out what the article is really trying to say would be something along the lines of, "In Japan, the Phoenix is called hō-ō, which is written in kanji as 鳳凰. Its alternate name, fushichō, or "immortal bird", is written in kanji as 不死鳥"
    My fault, misunderstood then. I've been posting late at night before bed so forgive my lack of focus. I will rework out this idea further whenI am not in a tired state of mind. Thank you for your corrections.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast