Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Regardless of the fact that the term "Kanji" has nothing to do with the concept of the WS whatsoever?

You've lost me there.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryozen View Post
    Regardless of the fact that the term "Kanji" has nothing to do with the concept of the WS whatsoever?

You've lost me there.
    Let me repost the Graphic image idea that I had so noone asks this question again.

"Graphic image: The Samurai performs a 360 twirl of his Great Katana while quickly thrusting the blade into the ground; flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature ignite upon impact blazing from the ground up while engolfing the targets within reach of the weapon-skill in flames."

Clearly the flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature would be that oh a Phoenix, in Japan, the Phoenix is called hō-ō (kanji: 鳳凰) or fushichō (不死鳥?), literally "Immortal Bird".

Not trying to offend anyone, but please be sure to read carefully before you post a reply. Thanks!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Raka View Post
    Let me repost the Graphic image idea that I had so noone asks this question again.

Not trying to offend anyone, but please be sure to read carefully before you post a reply. Thanks!
    Some people just look for reasons to give people crap about something. I know i read it right the first time, cool concept btw!
    (1)

RDM90 PLD90 SAM90 NIN90

"Um big bird, joint is a word, not a letter..."

Player
    Tachi: Kanji
    "Delivers an area attack that deals fire elemental damage. Damage varies with TP."

Graphic image: The Samurai performs a 360 twirl of his Great Katana while quickly thrusting the blade into the ground; flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature ignite upon impact blazing from the ground up while engolfing the targets within reach of the weapon-skill in flames.

I wish I could design a video to better show what I had in mind, but this is the best I can think of and hope you guys liked it.

The reason I chose "Kanji" for the weapon-skill name:
    In Japan, the phoenix is called hō-ō (kanji: 鳳凰) or fushichō (不死鳥?), literally "Immortal Bird".

I like this idea very much. From one Samurai to another I approve this message! Lol
    (1)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I like Raka's idea ... doesnt mater the name but the dynamics of it sound pretty awsome to a aoe laking great katana weapon skill list
    (1)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 03-24-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Character
    Nyosan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95

"Graphic image: The Samurai performs a 360 twirl of his Great Katana while quickly thrusting the blade into the ground; flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature ignite upon impact blazing from the ground up while engolfing the targets within reach of the weapon-skill in flames."

Clearly the flames in the image of a "Bird-like" creature would be that oh a Phoenix, in Japan, the Phoenix is called hō-ō (kanji: 鳳凰) or fushichō (不死鳥?), literally "Immortal Bird".

I read and comprehended your post. Originally you had suggested a name. I questioned it. You replied with your concept again, which is something I never addressed, and you never answered my question.

Not trying to offend anyone, but you're missing the flow of the conversation here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryozen; 03-24-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Character
    Lorzy
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i'm pretty sure the question was because kanji refers to the symbols, not the actual word.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Tachi: Senpu would be best!

Have the animation like fell cleave and spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

obviously wind damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yarly; 03-24-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: new element!

Character
    Vlorsutes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95

I like the concept of the attack, but all Ryozen was simply meaning that kanji has nothing to do with the actual description of the attack. Kanji is a writing style in Japan and doesn't have anything to do with the description of the attack, nor does it have anything to do with the hō-ō or the fushichō. All the other great katana weaponskills have a name based on the attack animation (or in Tachi: Rana's case, the mythic weapon it's tied to), such as Tachi: Ageha showing butterflies when Ageha basically means Swallowtail butterfly, Tachi: Gekko shows a full moon and Gekko roughly means "moonlight", etc.

Tachi: Kanji's animation would really have to be about writing characters for the name to fit
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

i like the idea but i prefer it light or ice based (just so i can get element dmg+ and mab in a single atma)
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast