Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FFXI needs some more new content then just delve

Pretty much what FFXI has turned into is just do a bunch of delve for plasm because almost everything else is pretty obsolete. There are a couple of relevant pieces in NNI and Salvage 2 but almost everyone finished those ages ago.

Delve obsoleted most end game events.

I would suggest coming out with some new end game events soon because the game has gotten really stale with just farm delve over and over. I know several who quit because it just became a boring plasm grind.

People want to do a varity of things in the game not just 1 event.

The amount of delve you have to do for airlixers to upgrade gear is quite a lot. Once you upgrade that gear what is it good for more delve faster? A lot of people start to think whats the point.
    (25)

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They need to do more with skirmish. The rewards are not as good but i find it a more interesting event.

And they need to hurry with the wildskeeper reive bayld decrease.

With any luck future delve area's will be more interesting.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Once you upgrade that gear what is it good for more delve faster? A lot of people start to think whats the point.
    ++++++++++++

"but it helps you defeat all the old useless content you could already beat, just faster."

"x.x"
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    ++++++++++++

"but it helps you defeat all the old useless content you could already beat, just faster."

"x.x"
    I seriously wanted to laugh at this, don't say old content is 'useless' ok?
    (1)

Player
    most content = useless , you're on denial. the op is 100% right. on top of that most servers are dead. linkshells became socials or disbanded.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Pretty much what FFXI has turned into is just do a bunch of delve for plasm because almost everything else is pretty obsolete. There are a couple of relevant pieces in NNI and Salvage 2 but almost everyone finished those ages ago.

Delve obsoleted most end game events.

I would suggest coming out with some new end game events soon because the game has gotten really stale with just farm delve over and over. I know several who quit because it just became a boring plasm grind.

People want to do a varity of things in the game not just 1 event.

The amount of delve you have to do for airlixers to upgrade gear is quite a lot. Once you upgrade that gear what is it good for more delve faster? A lot of people start to think whats the point.
    This is true.

This game is going backwards, and people are leaving. Why play?
    The trouble with this new direction is clear, People obtain KI's and will not redo fights to help others.

Sadly, the community in this game is just bad. Lazy. I'm not saying everyone is, just there is a lot. How many people will just help others if asked?
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Sadly, the community in this game is just bad. Lazy. I'm not saying everyone is, just there is a lot. How many people will just help others if asked?
    Not many, and I think part of why people do this is not only because of being selfish or lazy, but also because of how the game has become. Most things are done with shout groups, if I am sitting in Jeuno waiting for a Delve shout, it would suck to miss one cause I went to help a friend with, say, Seals for a hour.
    (5)

Character
    Catnipaddict
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I spent 3 hours tonite doing Rieve with 3 other ppl so i could get to Sih gates only to be cock blocked by a rieve . I saw in Dev Tracker that adjustments are coming to help Solo/Lowman efforts , but this should speak volumes about current state of game community . Quantum leaping gear so quickly really screws those who cant/dont play 8+ hours every day . Seekers has 3 or 4 events that a majority of the community considers complete obsolete because all they can see is what Delve has to offer . Perhaps expanding on the augements available on non-delve equipment or available rewards . It should be clear by now that the majority of the community will only do content that offers the best Pewpew items and regard the other content as a waste of time or obsolete .
    (6)

They've already put on their special thinking helmets and broke out the crayons and construction paper to design Delve. What more do you people want?

Also, the attitude seems to be, A Realm Reborn(while another one is flushed down the toilet.)

*edit*

It also seems with each expansion they get more and more lazy. Let's review:

CoP & ZM
    We got expansive new areas, Sky and Sea. BCNMs and Battlegrounds. Plenty to keep players playing.
    Quests and missions that focused on teamwork and coordinated efforts.

ToAU
    More large areas to explore, plenty of new quests and missions. Besieged and Assault. Against, events focused on teamwork and coordinated efforts.

WotG
    Um....Hm....Uh....
    Rehashed old maps re-shaded to look slightly different. Campaign battles (rehashed besieged anyone?)

Add on scenarios
    Slightly amusing quest lines in the same old areas for mediocre rewards that were not on par with the effort required to obtain them.

Abyssea
    Rehashed old maps re-shaded to look slightly different. Resistance battles (see besieged and campaign)

SoA
    A couple new maps and a town with really unappealing music and equipment designs. Rieves (see besieged, campain, and resistance battles) and of course, the infamous delve!

Skirmish - Perhaps really the only unique thing to come out of SoA, quickly swept under the rug by Delve.

Delve - Find someone to hold a few NMs while you mindlessly beat the same monsters in the same area in the same time limit for the same amount of plasm. Fun and creative!

They get an A for effort though. A giant trainwreck.

And let's not forget the glorious mission line for SoA thus far.

"Hi. Pay me money and you can go to Adoulin!"
    "Welcome to Adoulin. Go spend 30 assault tags......er...I mean Impendetures on Besieged....no wait...Campaign? No...That's not it either...Resis....Rieves! That's it, rieves. Then check back with me."
    "Welcome back! Good job, now go here and talk to them."
    "Hi! Wait here until 17:00."
    "Welcome to the meeting! Now you're ready to participate in all the various events SoA has to......Delve? Yeah..Just head to the veil in Ceizack Battlegrounds. You can't miss it."

/endrant
    (1)
    Last edited by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses; 06-15-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Player
    The issue is, FFXI when it was first released didn't give players the ability to rush level to 99 in less than half a day. You actually had to "earn" your levels and learn how to play the job. You also had to learn team work. And making friends with people was more personal than now because the people you met through exp parties were the ones you would later do quests, missions, help each other get things done and be ready to exp again the next day. You would have to spend hours a day with either the same people around your level skilling up, learning to skillchain, magic burst, Ect or new groups but the point is 6 man party was much more personal than hi & goodbye 18 man party quick rush to 99.

When Abbysea, GoV was released, it taught players to be lazy, it took away the "learn how to play the job as a team" aspect.
    Because back then being a team made a difference unlike today everyone jump in gangbang stuff and kill quick without true strategy or skill.

Temp items in events today make players not depend on mages so much.

Also you actually had to utilize each jobs ability to accomplish wins. Healers had to learn how to conserve mp with heals and not cast curaga and gain hate putting the party at risk.

DD who took too much damage had to learn not to be a one man show otherwise mages would burn mp too fast putting party at risk.

You only had 6 people to choose from so players had to choose wisely.

Crafting was very useful during parties back then, mages would make melon juices for refresh.

Details such as these is what made ffxi fun.
    There was no such thing as quick questing, you actually had to dedicate time with friends or others to get things done. Not run in solo by yourself at 99.

HNM was so fun back then. A reason why several LS existed but no longer today.

Sadly we are at a time where people fc their way to 99 in less than 6 hours, spoiled by Abby temp items and atmas that players no longer put effort to details such as buying food and meds. (not saying all but a good majority)

Because people level to 99 so fast, the majority of gear in AH became irrelevant.
    Most people dual box characters so you are not getting 100% of a players ability but 50% controlling each character.

Familiar? Now that delve came out, a good majority of gear is now irrelevant..

The way FFXI is today compared to back then, is built to let you rush through things that you are suppose to take time and enjoy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-16-2013 at 04:23 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast