Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

[dev1150] Just saw the Merits Geomancer will get. I'm very let down.

As much as I wanted to see Geomancer succeed as a new mage job that doesn't get fallen by the wayside in future updates, I feel the merits the job is being given will be sure to let that happen. It's very disheartening to me that the issue of its enhancing prowess was generally avoided, in ways I have previously explained in the previous thread I created.

As a further examination into how Geomancer today is often utilized, let’s look at some of the advantages and disadvantages to having a Geomancer in groups, using Voidwatch as an example:

Advantages:

• Geocolure spells will keep NMs enfeebled or Party Members buffed if NM is kept in one spot
    • Irresistible Enfeebling effects from Geomancy, unless naturally resistant
    • Decent Mage Party Support with enhancements to Magic Attack, INT & application of Refresh+Regen
    • For the future: Regain is highly useful, especially when stacked with Tactician’s Roll from Corsair
    • Ability to deal additional damage through Elemental Magic

Disadvantages:

• Bard and Corsair are often preferred for groups with Melee Damage Dealers
    • Indicolure spells are limited by the range between Damage Dealers and the Geomancer
    • Having a Bard, Corsair and Geomancer in one party for support, and White Mage for healing, limits space for Damage Dealers
    Were these elements in balance i addressed ignored for any given reason? And I feel like Square Enix's plans on Geomancer obtaining its own Regain spells have been scrapped, and they even stated it last year at VanaFest 2012 (screenshot taken from their Live Stream):

What is your thought process, Square-Enix? Where do you see Geomancer in the future, and what plans do you have for it? I honestly believe as soon as the playerbase finds a way to exclude Geomancer from events, it will be too late. I will still have this job on hand because I truly like its concept, but I doubt I'll be seeing it in action when Geo-Frailty, Geo-Torpor will simply not be enough.
    (3)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 06-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.

2. 06-13-2013 06:32 AM

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yikes, those are as boring as possible. I was personally hoping for merits that made the job more useful for low-man situations. Indi-spells castable on party members, etc. Instead, HP and MP recovery for group 2, along with some elemental magic casting time reduction option only under Collimated Fervor? Yuck.

What bothers me most is that these are just fixes to some problems people have complained about that should have been fixed with adjustments rather than wasting merits on them. High MP costs? - add a merit ability to return some MP... ugh.

I like the geomancy casting time reduction and enfeebling magic coming, but these merits and the party-shout-group requirement for the first (and possibly only) artifact set have eliminated the excitement I still had for the job.
    (2)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 06-13-2013 at 09:13 AM.

Player
    • Job Trait: Cure Recant
    Adds an HP recovery effect to Full Circle.
    Additional merits restore up to 5% additional HP.
    Seems useless. I'd rather increase the duration of effect granted by Lupon for party members in range and then destroy it. IE cast Geo-Fury > use ability > party member's attack bonus duration is increased to 180 seconds(depending on merits) and Lupon is destroyed. Would not work with geo's enfeebling effects as that may be kind of broken when stacked with SP and Blaze of Glory. An ability like this seems more in line with what Bards and Cor got... Devs won't change it now though so pretty useless to argue about it.
    (0)

Player
    The same discussion I found in the RUN thread, "You actually thought they would get the merits right after seeing how the job was made" *lol*.
    (1)

Character
    Kimarironso
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Sorry I might be a little blind, but where can I find the Merits for Geo? :O
    (0)

Player
    Mocchi: Geomancer Merits

Hello!

This post is to inform you about the merits for Geomancer.

The current plan is to introduce the following items as "Group 1" and "Group 2" merits.

Regarding the exact values, since adjustments are ongoing, there is a possibility that they may change prior to implementation.

Additionally, as long as we do not run into any major problems, these will be implemented on the test server update which will take place on Friday, June 14.

Geomancer Merits

Group 1
    Full Circle Effect
    Restores up to 5% additional MP per merit.
    Ecliptic Attrition Recast
    Recast is reduced by 10 seconds per merit.
    Also reduces the recast time of Lasting Emanation.
    Life Cycle Recast
    Recast is reduced by 10 seconds per merit.
    Blaze of Glory Recast
    Recast is reduced by 20 seconds per merit.
    Dematerialize Recast
    Recast is reduced by 20 seconds per merit.

Group 2
    Job Trait: Cure Recant
    Adds an HP recovery effect to Full Circle.
    Additional merits restore up to 5% additional HP.
    Job Trait: Prime Zeal
    Enhances Collimated Fervor with an elemental magic casting time reduction effect.
    Additional merits reduce casting time by 10%.
    Job Ability: Mend Halation
    Recast Time: 5 minutes
    The Luopan will vanish and restore HP to party members within the area of effect.
    Additional merits increase HP recovery by 5% per merit.
    Job Ability: Radial Arcana
    Recast Time: 5 minutes
    The Luopan will vanish and restore MP to party members within the area of effect.
    Additional merits increase MP recovery by 3% per merit.

Translated by: Slycer

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5761470
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Yea, these are pretty terribad. As is, these seem like they will be merits to fill for the sake of filling merits. My opinion:

5/5 Ecliptic Attrition recast, either Full Circle Effect or Blaze of Glory recast
    5/5 Prime Zeal, Radial Arcana
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimarironso View Post
    Sorry I might be a little blind, but where can I find the Merits for Geo? :O
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34430

@Kimarironso
    (0)
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

Player
    From my initial findings on the test server:

Radial Arcana 1/5: Recovers 114 MP.
    Radial Arcana 2/5: Recovers 156 MP.
    Radial Arcana 3/5: Recovers 199 MP.
    Radial Arcana 4/5: Recovers 242 MP.
    Radial Arcana 5/5: Recovers 285 MP.

Mending Halation 1/5: Recovers 427 HP.
    Mending Halation 2/5: Recovers 498 HP.
    Mending Halation 3/5: Recovers 570 HP.
    Mending Halation 4/5: Recovers 641 HP.
    Mending Halation 5/5: Recovers 712 HP.

- Not affected by Geo/Bell skill, or Lupon's HP at time of use.
    - Amount of HP/MP recovered remains the same regardless of type of Lupon used.
    - Range of effect seems to be 10.0 yalms centered around lupon.
    - Does not affect NPC Fellow

Curative Recantation
    You recover HP when using Full Circle. The amount of HP recovered by this trait seems to be based on a number of variables.

1. Amount of MP used to cast the Lupon (Conserve MP will lower amount of HP recovered if it triggered while casting the lupon).

2. Amount of HP Lupon has remaining (percentage) when Full Circle is activated. For example, if the max HP you could recover is 300 and your Lupon is at 50% HP, you'd only recover 150 hp.

The amount of HP restored does not seem to match the values indicated in the upgrade text. Merit text says each merit will increase amount of HP recovered by 5%, but it seems to be way higher than that or perhaps there are more variables at work.

In any event these are the values I got when casting Geo-Acumen (182 mp) and activating Full Circle when Lupon is at 98% HP. (/JA delay prevents me from activating while lupon is at 100% HP).

Conserve MP did not trigger for any of these tests.

Curative Recantation 1/5: HP Recovered: 216
    Curative Recantation 2/5: HP Recovered: 343
    Curative Recantation 3/5: HP Recovered: 471
    Curative Recantation 4/5: HP Recovered: 598
    Curative Recantation 5/5: HP Recovered: 726

Just for fun, I wanted to see how much HP was recovered by Geo-Fade at 374 MP.
    Recovered 1484 HP with 5/5 merits.
    (0)

I don't play GEO, But why not give an Ability that Doubles the Potency of a Lupon/Sphere, but half or 1/3rd's the Duration? Make it a ~10 minute timer or so and it'd be nice for ZERGS or a short period of extra potency which is always nice.

Idk, Just tossing ideas
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast