Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    The amount of HP restored does not seem to match the values indicated in the upgrade text. Merit text says each merit will increase amount of HP recovered by 5%, but it seems to be way higher than that or perhaps there are more variables at work.

In any event these are the values I got when casting Geo-Acumen (182 mp) and activating Full Circle when Lupon is at 98% HP. (/JA delay prevents me from activating while lupon is at 100% HP).

Conserve MP did not trigger for any of these tests.

Curative Recantation 1/5: HP Recovered: 216
    Curative Recantation 2/5: HP Recovered: 343
    Curative Recantation 3/5: HP Recovered: 471
    Curative Recantation 4/5: HP Recovered: 598
    Curative Recantation 5/5: HP Recovered: 726

Just for fun, I wanted to see how much HP was recovered by Geo-Fade at 374 MP.
    Recovered 1484 HP with 5/5 merits.
    Additional merits boosted the amount recovered by 127.5 each time, which begs the question, does the luopan have 2550HP? thus boosting the amount recovered by 5% could actually refer to the Luopan's HP?
    (1)

Greetings,

I have some responses for feedback we have been seeing thus far regarding geomancer merits.
    • Life Cycle Recast
      We will be changing this so that each merit level reduces the recast time by 20 seconds.

• Blaze of Glory / Ecliptic Attrition
      We understand that many of you would like to be able to have these effects active for an even longer time. However, we do not have plans to make it so you can maintain these effects forever, similar to how it is not possible for bards to have Marcato on forever.

We'd like you to consider how to keep your luopan alive and when to ramp up the luopan's potency in order to achieve a longer effect.

• Full Circle
      We've been seeing a lot of mixed feedback about the effects of Full Circle, both stating that the boons from meriting this are large, while others state it is not that much.

We would like you all to decide to whether to maintain or get rid of your luopans based on the situation you find yourself in. For example, at the beginning of battles when you have a lot of MP, you can use abilities that increase the potency of luopans, and when you feel that your MP is getting low, you can use abilities that focus on keeping your luopan alive.

Also, starting with the artifact equipment that will be added in the next version update as well as other new equipment that will be added moving forward, these will have both geomancy and handbell skill enhancements which will push the potency of geomancy even higher.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    where is the new bells at
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    similar to how it is not possible for bards to have Marcato on forever.
    Bards with the correct Song Lasting Time+ gear can actually keep Marcato on forever, as long as they use it in combination with Troubadour/Nightingale.
    (7)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

My own personal thought is, I'd like to see Dematerialize duration instead of recast.
    (3)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The only thing I see being remotely useful is going 5/5 Full Circle merits to increase MP returns.

Maybe the merit that basically sacrifies our Luopan to heal a party could be useful in an emergency situation? I'm grasping at straws here.....

***Ninja Edit*** - I do like the fact that the GEO AF will have stats that will enhance our Geomancy and Handbell skills. Even though I put in 8/8 merits in both Geomancy and Handbell (I'm capped @ 389), it didn't seem to make much difference in terms of spell potency. Perhaps there will be other stats on the GEO AF set that will "Augment" our spells giving them a noticeable boost in potency? One can only hope.
    (2)
    Last edited by Siviard; 06-18-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Bards with the correct Song Lasting Time+ gear can actually keep Marcato on forever, as long as they use it in combination with Troubadour/Nightingale.
    Not completely true. With 99 carnwenhan (50% duration), 99 gjallarhorn (40% duration), marduk's shalwar+1 (10% duration), Aoidos' matinee (10% duration), AF3 body (10% duration) and provided you are singing march, minuet, madrigal, or scherzo and have the proper piece of AF3 gear to enhance it (10% duration), you'll get a duration bonus of 130%. Base duration of songs is 2 minutes. 2*2.3*2=9.2 minutes. It would need to last 10 minutes to last until the recast of marcato is back up, and it would need to last an extra 10 seconds after marcato is up if you were going to keep it on "forever" (re-apply the song before it wears off).

And even then, some damned eft would dispel it.
    (3)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Okay, seriously, this was your opportunity to give Indi spells a merit ability that would be the equivalent of Lasting Emanation/Ecliptic Attrition and Blaze of Glory. All the current Job Abilities that GEO has center around Black Magic Spells and Luopan effects. Personally I would have loved to have seen abilities that concentrate on GEO's Indis.

My idea for these abilities would reflect maximum merits.
    • Indi Emanation
      5 Min Recast, Shares recast with Indi Attrition.
      Doubles the duration of your next Indi spell.
    • Indi Attrition
      5 Min Recast, Shares recast with Indi Emanation.
      Enhances the effects of your next Indi spell by 25%. Duration of spell will be reduced. (The same as a Luopan with Ecliptic Attrition. Cannot extend duration in similar manner as using Life Cycle.)
    • Indi Glory
      10 Min Recast
      Increases the effects of your next Indi spell by 50%. Consumes half of your MP, conserve MP will not procure.

So yeah, this is just a simple idea that in my opinion wouldn't necessarily break or overpower the job at all. I personally would like to be able to cast a Blaze of Glory/Ecliptic Attrition/Geo-Malaise on a mob as well as Indi Glory/Indi Attrition/Indi-Acumen to dish out some better damage for a short amount of time. Perhaps I could even run around for a longer while with an Indi Emanation/Indi-Refresh without needing to recast it once it wears off right away. What do you guys think?
    (3)
    Last edited by Garota; 06-27-2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Added bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2