Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Let's be honest. If they released the whole storyline, all the missions, all the quests right from the start, everyone would have them completed by now and would have just about nothing to look forward to, besides the chance that one day they might beat a delve boss, and be able to farm enough plasm to own a boss weapon.

By releasing a few missions/quests every few months (just like they did with every other expansion that's been released for FFXI) the player-base holds out to see what the next quests/missions offer.
    There were, apparently, a LOT of quests etc that were finished (in Japanese) and were meant to be included at SoA's launch but had not been translated yet... its been a few months now and none of them have yet been implemented. Is it really due to a lack of resources.. or is it just yet another excuse as to why they havent got around to doing stuff that should have been done ages ago (50% of the 2012 roadmap as just one example)

I am not at all saying that they should have released the entire storyline.. but really... an opening cutscene, a couple dialogs.. a mission needing the use of 50 imprimaturs (while it fits with lore it doesnt count as storyline) and then a single cutscene in the palace... I'm sorry but thats just paltry. We've had version updates in the past that have added more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    95% of the playerbase will most likely hold on until all of the SoA content has been released before deciding to quit.
    Uh, no. Many will just cancel their subs/stop playing and "hang around" to see when something interesting will finally come up.

Addendum: I really do miss the roadmaps, at least then it gave players a sense of "progress" and knew what to look forward to. Even if something on it got delayed a bit, at least you knew where you stood and what to expect. Nowadays it really does just feel like they've bitten off more than they can chew and are in reactive knee-jerk mode.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 06-13-2013 at 10:59 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    When they decided to obsolete most of the game
    Am I the only one here that remembers the way campaign battle all but eliminated merit point parties and made large swats of relic armor obsolete?
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Am I the only one here that remembers the way campaign battle all but eliminated merit point parties and made large swats of relic armor obsolete?
    That's really not true at all, every new addition obsoletes SOME gear/content, that's inevitable, but comparatively delve obsoleted pretty much everything, that's a sizable difference.

I mean merit parties needed to go away. It was slow, it was outdated. And a lot of relic gear was never/will never be that worthwhile. Even most of the +2 even with aug's is pretty bad. That's not other contents fault, that's just bad design and failing to understand what the players want/need/actually use.

Just a couple examples;
    Does anyone care that WHM feet give 5 extra defense per merit of Protectra V?
    How about THF's body with enhanced Ambush...
    BLM's 4/5 augments being specifically for AM II...
    How about enhanced Feral Howl that barely works to begin with
    "Enhances 'Sange' effect"... really?
    (6)
    Last edited by Karah; 06-13-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Will people please stop blaming the person who came up with mostly good content so far!?

Abyssea was not Matsui's design, neither was VW, or most of this game. The only content I can think of he made any sort of direct impact on that was created before he came in, was Meeble Burrows. He awesomely made it give you more points for more people instead of less points for more people, thus turning an event where people were left out so the smaller group could earn more, into an event where bringing and including others is more rewarding.

Lets look at Adoulin's content though, something I am sure he had much more influence on. Reives, they are like Campaign Battles, sure they have some flaws, but it introduced a HNM system which did not exclude players with 24 hour, or even 72 hour repop times. Skirmish, well, I never did it myself, it was a mistake, to restricted to enter and outdated far to quickly.

Delve, near perfect event in my eyes. Each zone has 6 NMs, 5 of which can be fought outside, beating any of the 3 lowest tier gives a KI to buy the drops from any of those 3 with a type of points you earn. Beating the highest tier, or one of the 2 NMs in the mid tier allow you to do the same with their items. Augmentable but not in a bad way, allowing you to choose a path for your weapons and directly influence their stats, rather than the random augments we have always seen in the past. Points can be gotten in a number of ways, from fighting normal mobs, to joining an entire alliance to go into a Fracture, or fighting NMs, allowing everyone from soloists to people who prefer large parties to get their things provided they can kill one of the NMs first. This event does not have procs, does not have the horrible drop rates, cells, or impossible NMs that VW had, it has a point system, but unlike others like Meebles or Einherjar its points can be gotten in a few different ways, none of which is tied to a lock out timer, such as Einherjar's day wait, or Meeble's Sacks once every 20 hours.

In my opinion, you are yelling at ghosts of the past, that is not Matsui's doing, asking him to go back and fix it would be better than blaming him for a problem he did not cause.

Good job white knighting square enix work.

Before this expansion

We could play Dynamis, Einherjar, Limbus, Legion, VW, NNI, salvaje and abyssea.

All we can play now are DELVE and Reive the game is getting very repetitive.

1.- The people say "Go kill the Expansion SAVER! mata". Mata is OVERCAMPED 24/7. You have wait massive time for pop it.

The only way for kill mata fast is inside of fracture. but good luck dealing with the links or with a Shitty pull, if you are tri boxing it

For Get the items without Plasma. You need kill the 1 - 3 NMS inside of fracture, thing only a "Solid group can do", You cant do this with a normal shout group.

If you have a solid LS or a Solid group of DDS can pull 100k damage per NM in the parse, good for you!. Not everyone can get this kind DDS in a Shout! Ending the Post here, with You.

I wish Point THIS for all the elitist players, i hope they understand Why we are asking for a low man version of fracture.

Yes we can Farm fracture with a low man group but you need INHUMANS players for do it.

The strategy for Low man Fracture atm

3 DDS. Drk and Sam onry, other Shit will not work here. Cor, Brd and WHM. 1 Zombie

1.- Start the Run. The Zombie/Thf. Will use powders boots pulling the NMS are inside of the main Room. Then Run for the 3 one, at this point flee effect is about of end, is necesary use flee /thf, get the 3 NM quickly

The zombie pull the NMs in a SAFE place Before the DIE

2.- The party will have Roam all time, the pops will be slow if they stay only in the main Room

The 3 DDS need to be total Elite DRKS or Sam, with enough Skills for do 500k + damage per head in the parse
    The DDS Need Eat Marinara pizza +1, have PDT/MDT sets.
    The DDS need USE STUN and JA Stuns rotations when the Stupid aura pop and if they are in danger.

The buffs need to be used are Chaos/Regain, March/Minuet. Regain because you will be RUNING A LOT and when you engage, you need SPAM WS quickly.

If you dont have 7 Gods playing, dont even try. If your DDS are stupid they will end death, if your whm is slow, your run will fail, if your zombie is not enough fast and skilled the run is fucked, if your buffers cant keep the buffs 90% the time GG. This is equal NNI Run and Reach the level 100, Elite players can try this, mortals Need 18/18.

This is the reason for im asking for a lowman VER. For skip all this BS and proceed to farm with a Small Group of Normal/Skilled players. Yes we can Lowman but you need MAGISTRAL Skilled players.
    (4)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 06-13-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by CrAZYVIC View Post
    Good job white knighting square enix work.
    Correction, defending Matsui, which I think is wrongfully blamed for many problems in this game that he was stuck with when he got the job, in particular this thread started out blaming him for a problem in Abyssea, a series of add-ons he has done nothing to alter in any way, shape, or form, directly until just recently with the Abyssea event, something which has 0 relevance to the topic at hand, which was complaining about killing an unproced, likely unTH'd Hedjedjet.

Before this expansion

We could play Dynamis, Einherjar, Limbus, Legion, VW, NNI, salvaje and abyssea.

All we can play now are DELVE and Reive the game is getting very repetitive.
    Weirdly I thought all of the content was still there, actively do-able, and available for those willing to do it. So far as I know, SE's plan even was for players to progress naturally through this content, rather than jumping straight to Delve and doing only Delve. Now, was it poorly done? Yes, because the player base, as normal, abused something to kill the NMs, and then went about their merry way to get whatever they wanted. Example? Simple, look at the parties that killed the NMs outside by holding the NM, having DDs or BLMs with Meteor hit it as hard as possible, die, reset JAs and do it again. We exploited the fact they had no time limit, something we have been asking for was the removal of cramping time limits that restrict things to zerg strats only, look at Legion or NNI for proof, to low of time, forced zerg strat. We exploited the power to do that and in return we made what was meant to be hard content into a 5 hour death fest to kill the NM, then, we had super weapons, not tons, but a few, the numbers grew and grew as time went on because of the fact people had them and helped others. Now, everyone can practically do Delve, a great deal of people have the wins for most NMs, allowing a great deal of people more powerful gear and weapons than they were ever meant to have by this point. It was a mistake by SE, yes, but it was a mistake on our part to for once again abusing an error they made and completely killing the meaning behind the content as a result. You act as though all of that other stuff is worthless or pointless, no one does it, well in fact it was meant to become a progression tree, one that will never be realized as it was meant to be because we skipped ahead, and even with SE trying to fix it, the damage is done!
    (2)

Player
    I agree with Demon a lot of problems we have now are due to players abusing the system the way it wasn't intended to be....I myself am a mixed player who does try to get some endgame done to progress. I have had powerful friends help me get past stuff I needed but for the most part I relied on myself throughout my gaming career to progress forward. Now I'm at the point where I can't compete with my high end friends so I can't join their endgame events (not really their fault) and I try doing those things but still can't really put out enough damage even though I'm a skilled player, so I'm stuck attempting older content but can't because I'm apart of a gap in players coming up from being new and players far more ahead in gear progression than me.

This creates a situation where I'm helping with older content and trying to do new content but i have to wait for some to play catch-up so we can all work together at our level of gaming and skill to get stuff done again. A lot of this i can thank because players abused the one most important system in the past gil. The great inflation that happened prior to my arrival in Vana'diel, RMT's helped bring in even more money...... The value of item's started disappearing, and as players gained more powerful items more often they were able to execute more offensive oriented strategies and forgo classic systems intended for combat.

Among other things an influx of gil into the game was in my opinion another reason on top of Demons suggestion of players abusing the system that has attributed to the current atmosphere our game has taken on.

I plan on playing the game in the future but right now I'm waiting for stuff to happen so I'm on hiatus again!
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ill be honest, I haven't played any of the new expansion gameplay except getting the 2 new jobs. Im a casual player that all I have really been doing is old content soloing nation missions, zilart, and cop thus far. I've also camped some older nms I never had the chance to get before. Everything seems to be going in a direction that takes away from what I personally loved about this game and that is a connected community. I miss working hard at leveling my character, farming for gil, and camping nms to get usable good gear and in turn use that gear during parties and ls events to truly help eachother complete our goal. I miss all that stuff about the game, and im not talking about grinding. Im talking about being connected in a game that was fun. This is only my opinion about how I enjoyed the game and what I miss.

I really loved abbysea too, yes it was god mode but it brought me back to this game. I personally thought the content was fun and obviously you got rewarded. You didn't have to be in a ls for half a year to have enough ls points to have a chance to lot for items. To me it was fun. Now all I have been seeing is content being developed for us to get this gear here from this spawnable nm and that's it. What good is gear on this game anymore? Spend all your time getting it to just stand around and let ppl check you. These are just my opinions, flame on
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvo View Post
    What good is gear on this game anymore? Spend all your time getting it to just stand around and let ppl check you. These are just my opinions, flame on
    You are, totally right. Every piece of gear I've obtained in the last (year?) has been almost completely (few exceptions) to look good afkin' in. And making people who think it's good gear jealous. Perfect example was the Drachenhorn, hundreds of /jellies for an almost complete piece of trash.

It just perpetuates the cycle, you get good gear, to keep getting good gear... no logic.

You do delve to get delve gear to do delve. Vast majority aren't going to do Fracture Naakuls. and next update we'll throw away the delve gear and get new shit, at the rate they're going.
    (5)

Character
    Aezelas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Imo it's precisely why this game became boring. It's really only about getting gear and doing repetitive events slashing mobs.

I liked this game because of the balance between fights and storyline/quests.
    Even the quests to unlock new jobs shows an insulting lazyness.

Someone said the new content is near perfect, and i'm pretty sure he only had the drop system in mind.
    It has its flaws but I can understand why some people like it. Besides drop system, the new content is nowhere near perfect.
    I find it boring, too elitist and it requires too much time to gather people when you have to deal with random shouts.
    Aby dealt with this in a perfect way, since fewer people were required to quickly enjoy the content.

There are no quests, no missions, skirmish was made nearly impossible to access in the first place.
    Doing reives to get enough baylds for Naakual fight wasn't fun at all, and delve followed reive's footsteps in that repetitive playstyle.

Exploring Adoulin's zones isn't fun either, because of the awful map design.

It's a shame because there are some good ideas, but they made huge mistakes and got people sick.
    A lot of things need to be fixed, maybe too much, and i'm thinking they won't bother with that much, as i bet they want us all to progressively quit for XIV.

Happy 11th anniversary! The last one.
    RIP
    (4)

Character
    Splinters
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have finally put my NNI/VW/Delve gear to good use. I am using it to help new players level faster in GoV and then rushing them through LB's. Otherwise this gear is what Karah mentioned, looking good while AFK.
    (0)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast