Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Any chance we can get some low-man plasm earning options?

Like it says on the tin: Is there any chance we can get some low-man plasm earning options in the near future?

Like many folks, my friends and I don't belong to a large LS anymore. Now that the end-game has begun to focus on Delve, we're finding it rather difficult to do relevant things as a group without also having to involve a dozen random strangers. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm totally OK with the strength of the NMs, and the design of the fractures, etc... I'm not saying these need to be made easy mode or anything like that.

But it's nearly impossible for any small group to earn plasm. Eighteen people or bust. And it takes a lot of time and a lot of hassle to get that going sometimes. There's no just grabbing up your buds and heading out and getting something done when it comes to Delve. (OK, there is the Matamata NM... if you have a seriously pimped out MNK, and there's not already a group of people there who plan to spend the next two hours killing it over and over just like you wanted to...)

Naturally, of course, six people shouldn't be able to earn the kind of plasm that eighteen can, but there should be something that the six people can do. Heck, it can even be tied into Skirmish somehow, and suddenly there will be a reason to do that event again.
    (28)

I agree. Let Skirmish throw plasma at you at 50-75% the plasma-per-minute as a delve does, and I am sure a decent amount of people preferring smaller groups would do it.

At the same time, let skirmish entry items drop from delve, and we have a symbiotic relationship going on!

Delve players let skirmishers enter skirmish more easily. Skirmishers gain the weapons needed to later join delve, and the circle of life continues.
    (7)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I hope they add a low Man ver of Fracture without Bosses.

3 - 6 man ver. Each Mob give 30 Plasma, 20 mins.
    3 - 9 Man ver. Each mob give 40 Plasma, 30 mins.

Probably we will be playing Fracture plasma farm the rest the year and without a low man ver, a lot of people will be unable progress on their characters.

Another posible quick fix i find. Is boost the plasma the follow items give

Yggrete Shard I/II/III: 100 corpuscles - 500
    Yggrete Shard IV/V: 150 corpuscles - 850
    Yggzi Bead I/II/III: 1,000 corpuscles - 2000
    Yggzi Bead IV/V: 1,500 corpuscles - 3000

People can Farm x10 - Yggrete shards per day in 90 - 120 mins and make 5k per day alone. In 1 week are 35k enough for keep progressing everyday. The people can use this method too for buy airlixirs 5980 RP is a lot.
    (2)

Character
    Aarahs
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You can kill certain delve NMs with a party of 6, some without delve weapons. Rinse and repeat for profit.
    (2)

I'd love to see low-man plasm.

Such a scenario would certainly bring the ninjas and tanky blu mages back out again as well. Both can tank and contribute to damage better than a paladin. Some groups might choose no tank and simply heal sams and wars through the damage, others will take a hit to damage so it's easier on mp.

I feel like they could do something something the Naakual areas of the map. Let anyone enter at any time for killing fodder for plasm. Require the KI for the loot from the boss. That trash is certainly lowmannable. It's safely trioable really.
    (1)

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarahs View Post
    You can kill certain delve NMs with a party of 6, some without delve weapons. Rinse and repeat for profit.
    I've already mentioned the T1 in Morimar, and the two problems someone is likely to run into while attempting to use it to earn plasm. For my part, that's the only NM I know of that can be low-manned - at all. One NM on a limited access resource (only one spawn point) does not make a viable option for every low-man group on the server.

Now, since you mentioned NMs (plural)... If you would oblige me, I'd love to know which other NMs can be done low-man (and how you're supposed to be able to kill them in less than 20 minutes).
    (0)

Character
    Cokie
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You are 100% right on,,,this has to be addressed asap...people are talking about quitting the game...tired of being be-littled as a run of the mill player.The higher teir players are monopolizing the better players and creating few opportunities for decent players to advance,These people if shut out for awhile do not feel like going back to the old stuff,they'd rather quit.Thank You for your post,you're not alone.
    (5)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You can 6 man a lot of the tier 1-3 outside NMs for 500 per kill. MNK+Mage can duo Matamata every time 100fists is up. MNK,BRD,mage can trio Mata every 10minutes.

You can also 6 man fracture, pull around the NMs or have a designated sacker if a NM aggros.
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    you can enter a fracture without a full ally and only need a twilight set zombie to hold the NMs = you can low man plasm

obviously you'll get lower plasm/h than in a full group, but higher than if you sit in town.

you can also just farm shards

Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    You can 6 man a lot of the tier 1-3 outside NMs for 500 per kill. MNK+Mage can duo Matamata every time 100fists is up. MNK,BRD,mage can trio Mata every 10minutes.
    good player with good gear setS can, not people who are left out of pug farm.
    (1)
    Last edited by hiko; 06-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Low-man options already exist:
    • Farm Shards 100-150 plasm per shard. Can be done solo
    • Farm Volatile Matamata with 2-3 players (a pimped MNK and WHM can duo 2x MNK + WHM is safer). 500 plasm per kill can do 2-3 per hour easily. 5-6 per hour if you bring a few more or have pimped job combination options (i.e. decked out MNK + emp/relic BRD + WHM). Other setups work but the ones I mentioned are the easiest setups.
    • Farm Morimar Basalt Fields with 6+, suggested setup: WHM, 2x MNK, BRD, COR, PLD or DD. The PLD should be able to hold the raptor and eft should they need to, depending on NM placements. 1 MNK can hold the Volatile Matamata while waiting for FS+HF. You should be able to do 2-3k+ plasm per run. Can replace the BRD or COR for another healer if the PLD doesn't feel comfortable holding those 2 NMs alone but the 2-3k+ range should still be doable.
    • Ceizak Battlegrounds with the above setup works as well though I'm not sure what kind of numbers to expect as I haven't tried to small man it.

As you can see there's a few options already available to 1-6+ man parties.
    (6)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast