Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea for forum:

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly, most people who think they should be a moderator, are the wrong people for the job.
    (0)

I should be a moderator.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    I wouldn't want to moderate this forum unless they paid me to.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    Volunteer moderators; after the community is established, SE should look for prime candidates to assist in keeping the peace amongst the boards. Look for examples of posters who assist the community, display their opinions without being detrimental/offensive, and just overall present a good example to the rest of the community. They can be monitored by the company to make sure they aren't abusing power, and/or harassing people. My idea would be:

-Give them the ability to lock, move, or delete threads that are inappropriate, or antagonistic
    -Let them warn posters when their posts are becoming offensive to the point they will recieve punitive action from the main staff.
    -Be arbitrators between company and playerbase for getting ideas acrossed in an orderly fashion
    -Other ideas the company might have them do errandwise that I havent thought of.
    No - very bad idea. I'm against censorship period. Moderating speech always does more harm than good, but it's especially harmful if done by peers and active participants in the actual discussion. Monitoring the forums should deffinitely be kept in the hands of Square Enix employees.
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the mods here. Emdub is my favourite. He's funny. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    i fully agree with you, it would be a great idea.. that is actually what backstreetboys.com did.. (yea im a bsb nerd) they have actual fans who they gave mod access to (for the forums) because lets face it real developers can not be on 24/7 to monitor the stuff.. I think they are compensated with free memberships.. but its cool t o have mods who are just like everyone else..
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

If we were to vote in player moderators, I would definitely nominate Isladar.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    i fully agree with you, it would be a great idea.. that is actually what backstreetboys.com did.. (yea im a bsb nerd) they have actual fans who they gave mod access to (for the forums) because lets face it real developers can not be on 24/7 to monitor the stuff.. I think they are compensated with free memberships.. but its cool t o have mods who are just like everyone else..
    But they wouldn't be just like everyone else... they would have powers the rest of us woudn't have. The urge to play God with our posts would be way too tempting for them, especially if there were people on the forums they didn't like.

Plus, a lot of people on this forum in particular would want to suck up to them in order to gain their favor, and I rather not see this unsightly scene take place.

Trust me, it's a horrible idea.
    (0)

Character
    Meare
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    This is a terrible idea. I don't want to be paying my subscription fee to SE only to be banned from the official forums by some crybaby volunteer who decides that any disagreement is flaming or trolling.
    (0)

Player
    No offense to anyone here but... judging from the average quality of majority of the posts I've read on this forum, I think this would be a terrible idea. Most of the posts I've read here seem to contain a literacy rate that I wouldn't even consider a high school level. Unless they were extremely careful on their selections I could see a lot of favoritism and false reports just because a poster made them mad.

I feel that a user moderator base forum works better with a site that lacks any official endorsements, otherwise you would end up with a skewed community where you can definitely see the favoritism be it one side or the other. An example of this would be a comparison of Alla to BG; it's easily apparent that Alla caters to the more casual player while BG focuses on the more elite end game focused people. Neither of these two forums are wrong in either way, however, you can see which side the favoritism on each forum lies easily.

In summary for the tldr people... I think the tags for the thread sum this up in my opinion.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast