Thread: Idea for forum:

Character
    Ilax
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Too many bleeding hearts. Wouldn't work. If you want user moderated threads head on over to alla and ah. ki's another winner as well. You've always got bg as well. Those are community based website with user mods right? If that's what you want you can get it there.
    True on that.
    (0)

Character
    Joeygils
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TearValerin View Post
    Volunteer moderators; after the community is established, SE should look for prime candidates to assist in keeping the peace amongst the boards. Look for examples of posters who assist the community, display their opinions without being detrimental/offensive, and just overall present a good example to the rest of the community. They can be monitored by the company to make sure they aren't abusing power, and/or harassing people. My idea would be:
    -Give them the ability to lock, move, or delete threads that are inappropriate, or antagonistic
    -Let them warn posters when their posts are becoming offensive to the point they will recieve punitive action from the main staff.
    -Be arbitrators between company and playerbase for getting ideas acrossed in an orderly fashion
    -Other ideas the company might have them do errandwise that I havent thought of.

More morality police? No thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Schatzie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Dying fansites with low populations are definitely not what I am looking for. What I want is someone to maintain some order when SE cant be around to rid of the repeat threads and spam, it annoys the crap out of me. I'm telling you, check out some of the most popular F2P MMOs forums right now, they all have some sort of player based volunteer mods; i.e. companies like Perfect World Entertainment (which pretty much dominates China's MMO world,) Aeria games, etc. The mods there keep the trolls in check, the flames at bay, and degenerating off topic threads to a minimum, rarely if not never do the bleeding hearts arise and make spam threads complaining about having their threads locked for antagonistic topics/offensive messages.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    You'd have to get some good people to be a moderator. You can accidentally pick trollers, flamers and people who would pick favorites over others and go ban happy, not to mention you need people who know what the hell they are talking about.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Player
    Volunteer moderators on official forums are a terrible idea. The end.
    (0)

Character
    Dobbykk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Who would want to moderate a forum filled with new people with horrible ideas?
    (0)

Character
    Zalama
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbykk View Post
    Who would want to moderate a forum filled with new people with horrible ideas?
    The #1 damage dealer on the block obviously.
    (0)
    Nearly all trolled statements are meant to be funny to some people, so it does have some social/entertainment value.

Character
    Deeedo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's why you use ffxi wiki forums. The only moderator for the forum here should be SE.
    (0)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    If it were up to the community, 90% of these forums would be deleted... and we wouldn't have all these terrible threads. =(
    (0)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I would not wish the headache of moderating these forums on anyone. SE has to pay people to mod these boards for a reason.
    (0)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast