Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Server merge please, The Game is dead

Hello everyone
    I'm worried about the game atm, linkshells are irrelevant now, there is nobody to play.
    no one shouts or yell anymore for anything, my server is completely dead
    with only 1099 players online atm, and half of those are afk

SE know this, why they don't marge all those empty servers? it's annoying because most people on this game pay a monthly fee to just go afk 24/7/ social purposes only

Ffxi is dead, scary how developers keep all these empty servers alive,
    specially when a large scale of current subs that are going to return to ff14/move on
    (6)
    Last edited by Cledant; 06-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You know why there are less shouts, the content is not well geared to pick up groups and more people would rather do the content within their LS for better results. If anything the new content forces you to have a LS for the best results since having people you know that don't suck saves time and headache. It could very well be that anyone you had in your LS moved on to other LSes that could do the current endgame content or they switch to those to do the event then switch back. Also judging from the time of your post it might be a in between time of different time zones. Short of it, no we don't need more merges if you can't find a LS willing to take you in might be on you and not the game.

If you are not complaining about delve then you are complaining about VW and abyssea shouts, people are pretty much tired of both(least the people that put them together) and have moved on to delve.
    (5)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think that Numquam guy has a new friend.
    (4)

4. 06-06-2013 08:35 PM

FFXI was never about shouting for content really, it was always exclusive to linkshells.

Wanted to do sky? Get a sky ls, sea, dynamis, limbus? all the same, you had to get a guild to do almost anything. The only shouts you heard really before Abyssea were for XP groups.

Then they released Abyssea and the entire game changed in a short amount of time, everyone got used to this new way of playing. You could shout for people and do content that was genuinly fun instead of punbishing and you didn't get left out if you weren't in the specific linkshells. You didn't have to get DKP and you didn't have to keep doing the content for years after getting your gear to get the rest of your group theirs, guilt trips were a thing of the past.

They saw people liked it but they saw that people ate through that content a lot faster, so they decided to go back to the old ways and ignore what people found enjoyable.

The player numbers are around half what they were from Abyssea times and this is just after a new expansion. Biggest problem with SE is simply that they don't ever learn from their mistakes and they will stubbornly stick with what isn't working, even if it kills the game. I guess they don't really mind that anyway anymore because they want us all to move to the horror of WoWish XIV anyway.
    (14)

I dunno what you are talking about. There's consistently like 5-700 more people online on my server now than there was half a year ago.
    (5)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sounds like you should transfer to Phoenix. I'll admit that I don't see many non-delve shouts (I play at off-peak US hours), but it seems no matter where I go, I still see other players running by. I spend a lot of time playing by myself, killing stuff in non-optimal xp areas. And yet, I can't tell you the last time I didn't see another player at all during a game session. The other day I was helping some ls members get some blu spells in Ar. Reef and sure enough I saw another player running around. I personally like the population of my server. Not enough people to be too crowded, but not few enough to feel abandoned.
    (6)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Looks like my post that said, I think the developers screwed up disappeared when I hit reload. I explained that the game is centered towards hardcore players. The system design direction seems to be ignoring casuals. The game isn't fun if players can't log on jump into game play then have fun at their leisure. The only people who enjoy the game spend excessive amounts of time online, have time to deal with PUGS or are so hardcore that no effert is to much. This is why the servers are getting empty. .

Server mergers will not help if people can't participate in content leisurely. If the new content was more like WOTG where everyone could work towards the basic gear without getting rag dolled then maybe it would generate more interest. The casual subscribers that haven't quit aren't playing much anymore. They still pay subscriptions but don't log on. The numbers of AFK players are just players who have nothing FUN to do or have other RL stuff.

Again, I don't want to hear any responses from elitist who spend a lot free time online. These players aren't in the position to represent the people who are casuals. If you look around some you'll learn a few things that can't be mentioned here without the REPS deleting it.

Again mergers won't help, in fact they might just make more people quit who are on the fence about it.
    (12)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-07-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I dunno what you are talking about. There's consistently like 5-700 more people online on my server now than there was half a year ago.
    How many of them are really online active?
    (2)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

"The game is dead" is a bad way to get people's attention. Not the attention you want.

Still, some servers are dead. Happens to every game as some people leave, others come back, and the spread sometimes becomes increasingly disproportionate.

Merges would be nice.

And yeah, so many mules, bazaars, and people too lazy to /shutdown. There's a lot of inactive people online.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    "The game is dead" is a bad way to get people's attention. Not the attention you want.

Still, some servers are dead. Happens to every game as some people leave, others come back, and the spread sometimes becomes increasingly disproportionate.

Merges would be nice.

And yeah, so many mules, bazaars, and people too lazy to /shutdown. There's a lot of inactive people online.
    Players are busy arguing this isn't a big deal because it has been known about for some time -- even though that apathy in the face of existing facts is precisely why we should be annoyed. I assume that's why the OP titled it as such: to grab attention.
    (4)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-07-2013 at 06:10 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast