Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Let's join forces and conquer the universe!!!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cledant View Post
    Hello everyone
    I'm worried about the game atm, linkshells are irrelevant now, there is nobody to play.
    no one shouts or yell anymore for anything, my server is completely dead
    with only 1099 players online atm, and half of those are afk

SE know this, why they don't marge all those empty servers? it's annoying because most people on this game pay a monthly fee to just go afk 24/7/ social purposes only

Ffxi is dead, scary how developers keep all these empty servers alive,
    specially when a large scale of current subs that are going to return to ff14/move on
    There are plenty of people to play with... More and more people are doing events in small static groups rather than the big linkshells of the old days, which is also why you don't see as much shouting/yelling.

The game isn't dead, the number of people fluctiuates with the time of day, you can't just /sea all one time and get an accurate result.

IMO the last thing this game needs right now is server merges.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-07-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    How many years have people been crying "FFXI is dead/dying"?

I think for the past six years or so?
    (3)

Just saying--

Your server isn't dead. You can't say for sure what other servers are like. Valefor is okay on the weekends but even NA primetime is pretty awful. JP Primetime looks pretty good, but honestly I've no idea what they're shouting about. It could translate to:

P1: The game is dead!
    P2: Yes I know!
    P3: I agree.
    P1: I'm loging off forever!

Kidding. Of course they're clearly pugging something but Valefor's JP community doesn't seem so few and so quiet and NA. The number online just doesn't mean anything. If I could /sea all nonafk nonmule, I happily would.
    (0)

Character
    Littlefoot
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Looks like my post that said, I think the developers screwed up disappeared when I hit reload. I explained that the game is centered towards hardcore players. The system design direction seems to be ignoring casuals. The game isn't fun if players can't log on jump into game play then have fun at their leisure. The only people who enjoy the game spend excessive amounts of time online, have time to deal with PUGS or are so hardcore that no effert is to much. This is why the servers are getting empty. .

Server mergers will not help if people can't participate in content leisurely. If the new content was more like WOTG where everyone could work towards the basic gear without getting rag dolled then maybe it would generate more interest. The casual subscribers that haven't quit aren't playing much anymore. They still pay subscriptions but don't log on. The numbers of AFK players are just players who have nothing FUN to do or have other RL stuff.

Again, I don't want to hear any responses from elitist who spend a lot free time online. These players aren't in the position to represent the people who are casuals. If you look around some you'll learn a few things that can't be mentioned here without the REPS deleting it.

Again mergers won't help, in fact they might just make more people quit who are on the fence about it.
    i completely agree. i'm a casual player and i don't play often. even less anymore, but i can't bring myself to cancel my account. i just got back on from a 1 year hiatus and i've had other hiatuses in previous years. i love the game, but i cant play but maybe 3 hours in a given day at the most. and alot of missions or events on there can go 6hrs at a time easily. and i hesitate to join because i don't want to have to bail on a party or group, so i usually just work on my merits soloing with the field manuals. after i came back i found the LS i was in was disbanned so i had to join another one, but there are still enough people playing.
    (4)
    Last edited by Littlefoot; 06-07-2013 at 08:26 AM.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    We have a lot of problems in the game =/ that is the reason for the people is leaving and there a lot of issues is not only 1 or 2. A merge probably will a help a little but i think merge is necesary now, the amount of people is leaving is massive. I will talk a little about the problems i see in the game.

i can call hardcore content to Delve NM T4/T5 or Delve Plasma Farms involve Kill T1/T2/T3NM + Farm. But i cant call hardcore content to NQ Delve plasma Farms.

The first problem i see with Delve is the Key Item Mandatory for buy the Items. The people has stoped help to kill DELVE NMS and a lot of players are just starting now, to play delve cant get the wins.

I Think the dev team can make buyable the KI with Plasma.

T1-T2-T3 Key item = 30k
    T4-T5 Key item = 60k
    Bosses Key item = 120k

This can Fix the main problem with players skiped the Initial DELVE Rush.

The second problem and probably the main problem with the game atm. i see with this content is the mandatory 18/18. We have a saturation of DD jobs because EVERYONE WANT PLAY DD. Then the leaders fill this spots with Friends or LS mates and shout for BRD,COR, WHMS and O Chain PLDS Only.

This Feel like at lv 75 when you had make a exp party and if the Tank or the Healers leave, then your Plasma farm Party is fucked.

For Fix this problem i suggest.

Make a Low Man ver of Fracture.

1 - 9 Players. 30 mins Limit without bosses, only NQ mobs. This will eliminate the problem with Support jobs and PLD requeriment.

You can go DDS /Nin,/DNC,/Sam, 1 or 2 healers and proceed with the Farm Run

For give an incentive to the "End game LS or People wish Shout for 18/18 Fracture version"

NQ mobs can give 100 plasma each one.

The third problem i see. A lot of players in FFXI play with THF,DNC,BST, BLU. This people are Really pissed because Rare/EX version of DELVE weapons. They are forced use Gimp Offhands weapons, and they cant keep up with h2h or Two handers :_:.

What i can suggest Remove the "Rare" From Dagger, Sword, Axe weapons and reduce the price to 15k Plasma each. This can fix the problem with Raged people with main 1 hander jobs.

Another issue i see. The dev team Need add more Delve Items in future updates, separating the jobs in armor set in the correct way and for the love the god use Pretty designs on the Weapons and Gear, the actual designs are Horrible, this is a hard critish for the 3D artists in FFXI Dev team, you guys are Terrible. We want see gear at level "ARES Gear" or abbysea AF3 gear.

Example.

For Warrior sets they need add a Path it have VIT - Attack or acu path depending on player Likes. Warrior use upheaval as main ws and they Need add their armor Those Stats

For Mnk, THF, DNC, NIN. They need add DEX, AGI paths + Acu or attack path depending on player likes again. 1 handers jobs cant learn Acu path only attack one and that Sucks.

Cor and Ranger need a individual set of gear, with Stats benefit this jobs separately. Merge this jobs with Monk or DW job is silly

PUP,BST,DRG and SMN. If they want add pet stats via items, in my opinion is a bad idea but as Mininium keep this jobs in a gear set separately. Give this jobs STR/DEX/AGI/INT/Refresh, STR/ACU/Avatar MAB/Avatar Magic Accuracy paths etc.

Example.

DRG weapon / Armor STR + 10 Pet STR + 10
    Attack + 15 Pet attack + 15
    Accuracy + 10 pet Accuracy + 10

SMN Weapon / Armor INT +10 Pet INT +20

Avatar perpetuation cost - 20 / Pet Magic attack bonus +20
    Refresh + 2 / Pet Magic accuracy + 15

For Mage jobs. This is the harderst part to do. Because If you play RDM, you need Cure/Enfleebing/Nuke sets. If you are WHM, You need Cure potency, Healing magic skills, refresh sets etc. We need Individual Gear sets depending in our Needs. The Dev team is treating all the jobs like 1 Mage job and this is a horrible mistake.

If im RDM and my group is Demanding, i use enfeebles on a Mob. I want my Gear have augments like this

10 INT - 15 Magic Accuracy - 15 Enfleebing magic Skill
    if im Healing as RDM I need gear with this aguments
    10 MIND -10% cure potency - 15 Healing Magic Skill

If im a WHM.

Path 1 - 10 MIND - 10% Cure potency - 15 Healing Magic Skill
    Path 2 - 10 MIND - 15 Magic Accuracy - 15 Healing Magic Skill
    Path 3 - 10 Mind - Refresh +2 - 15 healing magic skill

If im a BLM

Path 1 -10 INT - 15 Magic Attack bonus - 15 Elemental Magic Skill.
    Path 2 -10 INT - 15 magic accuracy - 15 Dark Magic skill
    Path 3 -10 INT - 15 Magic attack bonus - 2 Refresh

If im a Blue Mage

Path 1 - 10 STR - 15 attack - 15 Blue magic Skill.
    Path 2 - 10 DEX - 15 accuracy - 15 Blue magic Skill

The tank Jobs PLD/RUN and probably Nin. Need a separate set of gear. We cant forget about this jobs

BG wiki say the Shield block rate cap is 65%. Raising this cap of 15% can make a huge diference for the game, reducing the distance of an Ochain to all other Shields.

If im a PLD and i wish a defensive Set of gear for emergencies.

Example of a PLD BODY

Def + 100 STR + 10 VIT + 15
    Attack + 15 Accuracy +25 Haste +4%
    Enmity + 12
    Set increase the Defense Bonus

Path 1 - VIT + 10 - Shield Skill +15 - Damage taken -8% - Elemental REsistances +40
    Path 2 - VIT + 10 - Defense +15 - Damage Taken -8% - Elemental Resistances +40

If im a RUN or NIN.

Example RUN or NIN

Def + 100 STR +10 AGI +15
    Attack + 15 Accuracy +25 Haste +4%
    Enmity +12
    Set increase the Evasion Bonus

Path 1 - AGI + 10 Evasion +15 - Damage Taken -8% - Elemental Resistances +40
    Path 2 - VIT + 10 Defense +15 - Damage taken -8% - Elemental Resistances +40

In conclusion

Each Job need diferents needs.
    We need Best design for the gear, the gear is ugly where is the 3D artists in square?
    We need more Gear, more delve items, the amount of Delve items is small
    We need more Low man content the 18/18 mandatory is killing the game
    Fix Runefencer jobs and allow Ninja can tank again, boost the NQ PLDS. Because the o chain PLD only is destroying the game
    FIX GEO for it can be competitive with BRD OR COR. Cor and brd are not enough for keep the demand of people asking for Support jobs.
    if you guys can give Cure 5 to RDM and Scholar this can help a lot for Fill up the healers demand. The Healing Skill update was sexy but even so Sch and RDM have problems for take a main heal in the present, idiots without PDT sets are mp sponges. The Shout for WHM onry. slow a lot the creation of plasma farm groups.
    (6)
    Last edited by CrAZYVIC; 06-07-2013 at 09:16 AM.

- I like when starter gear is made to look like starter gear, even if a large chunk of players are wearing some/all of it. Note that some of my jobs use some karieyh in their DD sets, my nin/dnc/thf use thurandaut boots. My bard idles in Orvail body--and all of these will become starter gear. They're very nearly free pieces to fill in sorely lacking slots (some are pretty good though >.>).

- There are a lot of delve items and most of them don't pertain to just one or two jobs (ok, Manibohzo hands having snapshot and no haste/acc etc on them do). They're mostly pieces designed to cover many jobs. For whatever reason, SE has long designed the game to have us carrying around older, or really old, pieces for situational uses. No one who mains a twilight job will likely ever drop it. It's likely that noone will ever drop it period, but at least the twilight jobs. There are plenty of pieces RDM can get (since you used that as an example) to boost their Enfeebling magic. A long-time player friend of mine decided to dig out his rdm and was able to clear 500 enfeebling skill.

- I like the idea of lowman content, as some others do, but no number will make everyone happy. The only fair number is 6, because the game operates around a 6/18 setup. Asking players to find 5 other people to play with is not a big deal.

- Ochain PLD is not destroying the game. Yes, right now we're in the spotlight, but in time the NM's will become more easily killable or avoidable (perhaps other sources for beads) and you might have a pld to tank the NM's you're killing, or you might not. A war in a DT set has suprising longevity and will pump out much more damage than the PLD.

I love my Ninja (I love my paladin more), and yeah it's shocking that Ninja got left out in the cold, but Ninja has never been the best at tanking multiple mobs and that's what the game is asking for. Ninja could supertank any NM in there and the scorp would be no threat, but multiple NM's, and it's a problem. There's also the fact that one of ninja's lines of defense, parrying, cannot be done while not engaged. The tricks to parry while supertanking in delve don't work as well, because mobs aren't just left sitting near you.

I've seen RUN tank. A lot of the people saying RUN can't tank go at it in DD gear. You know what, the WARs in DD gear can't tank either. The PLDs don't do so hot.

The difference between a PLD with an ochain and a pld without is often about more than just the shield, the shield represents an attitude towards the job--most paladins without either shield are people who also don't care about DT gear, and DT gear is as important to your survivability, and your mage's longevity, as the silver or gold dinner platter on your right arm.

- GEO is interesting. It needs some buffs, but it's not as bad as the bandwagon makes it out to be. Some of it's buffs/debuffs are unique, or unique in that they stack (geo/indi-para stacking with Paralyze II, whereas say Jubaku and Paralyze don't stack). The design of this expansion is that the next wave of 99 gear will be better than this.. It's something like.

99 - Karieyh
    99.1 - Skirmish gear.
    99.2 - Naakual gear / Delve gear
    99.3 - Delve boss gear
    99.3 (again) - probably next skirmish if we see more.
    99.4 - More Naakual gear / Delve gear (different instances)
    99.5 - Those boss' gear.

But along with that, the targets we're attacking we'll be increasing in level, etc. I think this area is where GEO will really shine, geo may become as indispensable as bard. Geo is designed, like bard, so that it's skills are added together. and things like increasing magic accuracy, beyond just weather, and decreasing magic evasion are very useful as resists could potentially become an issue.

It might not. Dunno.
    (1)
    Last edited by OmnysValefor; 06-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Then they released Abyssea and the entire game changed in a short amount of time, everyone got used to this new way of playing. You could shout for people and do content that was genuinly fun instead of punbishing and you didn't get left out if you weren't in the specific linkshells. You didn't have to get DKP and you didn't have to keep doing the content for years after getting your gear to get the rest of your group theirs, guilt trips were a thing of the past.

They saw people liked it but they saw that people ate through that content a lot faster, so they decided to go back to the old ways and ignore what people found enjoyable.

The player numbers are around half what they were from Abyssea times and this is just after a new expansion. Biggest problem with SE is simply that they don't ever learn from their mistakes and they will stubbornly stick with what isn't working, even if it kills the game.
    I'll attest to this. I found myself participating and enjoying the game more during Abyssea than the years prior.

Aside from the "abyssea was a mistake" bit, I'm guessing it might be on the end of players clearing content faster. It would cost them more money and resources to make new content at the pace Abyssea-era progression mandated. It was far from perfect, but it certainly was a lot more inclusive and easier to get into.
    (9)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

All i know i remember back in the day when before COP came out , when the server in bismark had 4.7k to 5.5k 24hrs a day and 7 days a week o the good old days and sometimes have to wait a minute log in, And the worst day was on the cop failure when it went to 500 people to 1k people before launch of aht urhgan. Then that brought to 2k to 3.5k for along time then start to go to like 1.5k to 2k range. . And then when the xbox launch and it went back to 3k to 4k people 24hrs a day to 7 days a week . WOTG i skip first 6 month on that rush, but for most part was 1.8k to 2.9k , but i did tranfer server for some time back then and to hades server was 2.5k to 4k then when all the servers got real bad some alot servers at 500 to 1k people on then they did the merges. now days it 1k-2.3k 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. abby days was 2.5k to 4k with the merge. Alot this information can find from squares old censes reports. , plus for shi and giggles i will just do world search on usa time and japan time about 3 times a week since i was crafting alot and need understand the market better.

They really should look at merging servers again since game was design to have 3k to 5k on the game all the time.
    (2)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Imo I think they're waiting to see how things will go with the release of XIV. Some people will quit for it and they'll probably be forced to make a new server merge after that.

Main problem happens during EU prime time, on Bismarck it's not that rare to see barely 1000 people. If you consider that there are afk mules/bazaars in that count that's really low.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast