Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The more we get ignored, the more reason its getting to switch over to the new game than stay here.
    Looks like you only want to see the glass half full for FFXIV.
    Which is good I suppose, there undoubtely is that half full glass of water that you talk about and I agree, it's there and I like it.

There also is the half empty part though, which you seem to have forgot.
    No spell tiers, no elemental resistances/wheel, no full elements for BLM (they're split between CNJ and THM), no debuffs (Arcanist will change that, luckily), blah blah blah.
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Teiei
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No spell tiers, no elemental resistances/wheel, no full elements for BLM (they're split between CNJ and THM), no debuffs (Arcanist will change that, luckily), blah blah blah.
    Because BLMs in FFXI have always made use of their full list of elements... right?
    Don't kid yourself, BLMs have only ever focused on using thunder/blizzard (unless the enemy was heavily resistant) because there has never been a reason to use anything else. There are almost no enemies in the game that actually take extra damage to a particular element.

Far as I can see the only major change to occur with this adjustment, in terms of spell selection, is that BLMs will spam stone/water instead of thunder/blizzard. So instead of actually balancing the elements they're only shifting the favored elements that everyone will flock towards. The balance of efficiency on spell elements will be extremely skewed in favor of earth and water.

I'd like it if you could spread the efficiency around a bit here; otherwise the result will be more of the same with a different element hording all the attention. Please consider the situation and give us some reason to spread our spell usage around to all the elements.
    (2)
    Last edited by Teiei; 06-22-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiei View Post
    Because BLMs in FFXI have always made use of their full list of elements... right?
    Don't kid yourself, BLMs have only ever focused on using thunder/blizzard (unless the enemy was heavily resistant) because there has never been a reason to use anything else. There are almost no enemies in the game that actually take extra damage to a particular element.

Far as I can see the only major change to occur with this adjustment, in terms of spell selection, is that BLMs will spam stone/water instead of thunder/blizzard. So instead of actually balancing the elements they're only shifting the favored elements that everyone will flock towards. The balance of efficiency on spell elements will be extremely skewed in favor of earth and water.

I'd like it if you could spread the efficiency around a bit here; otherwise the result will be more of the same with a different element hording all the attention. Please consider the situation and give us some reason to spread our spell usage around to all the elements.
    I'm already removing all my merits off Ice and Thunder and putting them into Stone and water. Seems like efficiency overrules and Ice and Thunder is just going to cost too much MP. Although I must give Motenten credit for a wonderful job at the new spreadsheet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-25-2013 at 01:32 PM.

I have almost finished converting my potency merits over. Next is AM2.

It has given me use for the 30 merits I was just sitting on.
    (0)

Greetings!

These adjustments as well as a variety of other battle system related adjustments will take place in the July version update.

I've updated the Upcoming Version Update Announcement by adding a "Battle System" section, which outlines the adjustments that are scheduled to take place.
    (6)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    There's an erroneous 7月 on the table.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mnejing View Post
    There's an erroneous 7月 on the table.
    Fixed! Thanks
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Before that though, in the next version update, we will be addressing the damage values of physical blue magic spells.

Prepare yourselves, Immortals!
    I don't see this on the battle adjustments is it still happening?
    (3)

Player
    Blue Magic?
    (1)

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Lol sorry replied to the wrong thread.
    (0)