Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Given the *entire* content in Adoulin is based off level 99 and item stats are based off "content level", I'm not surprised in the least by this. I actually welcome it, it makes more sense to me, given the entire equipment design logic behind Adoulin. Also means the gear will be more useful, which is always a plus.

Relic/Empyrean armor could very well exist too later on but obviously with higher item levels. Level 99 requirement means nothing when all the Adoulin gear is based off content levels instead.
    (6)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 06-05-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have mixed feelings on this. I hope GEO and RUN will still get relic and empyrean armor, as they both seem as though they would benefit greatly from a variety of gear tailored specifically to them. That said, I am glad to hear that the artifact gear will be relevant.
    (2)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Boo. I understand the reason behind the decision, but my head and heart haven't been in the game since about a month after Adoulin release. The content just isn't fun for me. I was looking forward to coming back to gather up some sets of artifact gear, with little difficulty in doing so, just for old times sake and to actually look like the GEO I had been anticipating for months. It didn't bother me at all that the first set would be macro pieces. Unfortunately, organizing parties to get the first set of job-specific gear just isn't appealing to me at all. I was excited about GEO for a while but this ends it for me personally. Oh well, the rest of you enjoy your artifact hunting parties!
    (2)

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I like this idea.

Anyone know when the next update is meant to be?
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Does this mean that RUN and GEO won't get Relic armor and Empyreal armor?
    (4)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I understand the reasons with this choice, but I can't say I'm happy.
    Level 50-60 AF (upgradable to level lv74 +1 and maybe lv99 +2) would have been much more streamlined with the currently existing content.

But it's clear from the release of SoA that the new direction the dev team is goign doesn't really care for streamlining content but just offering tiers of new content every X months, same model as WoW and majority of other MMOs.
    Which is not a bad model at all of course, it's just not what I expect from FFXI.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 06-05-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'm glad, as a RUN99 that AF wil be targeted 99 for Adoulin content.

In those FFXI days, it just makes sense. there is plenty of choice before 99 and it's "just" a leveling part. And of course, we'll still have Quest Stories for those 2 jobs.

Also, for AF weapon, well you got it at level 1. :P

There is a Great Sword RUN only at level 99 though, crafted.
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    even though it kind of breaks with the rest of the AF, I do rather like this idea, making their storyline content relevant to the current game.
    That's not something to celebrate. Seeing that even "simple" quests like the one for the Reive unity KI are close to impossible to complete in a small group, I shudder to think what the req's for GEO and RUN AF will be.
    (4)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Tharpy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Every other job in the game has unique gear throughout its life. Thus ensuring the player has something accessible and useful to wear during a given level option. By making the GEO/RUN AF 99 immediately you're saying you don't really care about GEO/RUN until they hit 99. Last i checked while the area may be made for 99 you still have to actually level the jobs.

AF: 42-60; AF+1: 74; Relic: 70-75; Relic+1: 75; Relic+2: 90 Empy: 80-90

This quite frankly is 100% pure BS
    (7)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I have to say I am disappointed in this decision. I purposely left my RUN at level 50 in the hopes of being able to level into the AF armor as I progressed.
    lol, ppl actually did this

That's not something to celebrate. Seeing that even "simple" quests like the one for the Reive unity KI are close to impossible to complete in a small group, I shudder to think what the req's for GEO and RUN AF will be.
    Seriously? I've seen several people soloing that quest. Sure, not every person/job can do that, but it is absolutely nowhere close to "close to impossible" with a party unless you're all absolute trash.
    (5)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast