Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Geomancer and Rune Fencer Artifact Equipment

As we mentioned previously, artifact armor for both geomancer and rune fencer will be implemented during the next version update.

The plan is to release this new equipment for level 99 and I would like to explain why the development team decided to do this.

First, one reason is that Adoulin content is for level 99+ and as such the monsters in those areas are extremely high level, and trying to acquire level 50-60 gear in these areas just doesn't make sense.

The other major reason is that most of you are looking forward to wearing these new artifact armors to do battle with the monsters that lurk in Adoulin areas, so the development team made the decision to implement them at the proper level in which they can be used.

Item-level wise we are planning for these to be at least level 105, but as it is still in development, it may change.

With that said, the quest difficulty will match the item-level, so you might feel a bit nostalgic having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets.
    (28)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    even though it kind of breaks with the rest of the AF, I do rather like this idea, making their storyline content relevant to the current game.
    (5)

I... SE... is... going against tradition...? What... what is this... who are you? what have you done with the dev team?
    (8)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So does this mean that GEO and RUN will not get Relic or Empyrean armors? Meaning that AF is the only set that they get, or will Relic and Emp be added in later on as well?
    (7)
    Last edited by Muse; 06-05-2013 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.
    If this is true, then why does every mage enfeeble the same as RDM?

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If the gear is as good as you say Camate I don't think we will have a problem doing this, but my only problem is what about Delve gear being better.
    (2)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    First, one reason is that Adoulin content is for level 99+ and as such the monsters in those areas are extremely high level, and trying to acquire level 50-60 gear in these areas just doesn't make sense.
    Tell that to the TOAU & WOTG jobs, last I knew they had to run through areas infested with level 75ish Aggro mobs too, especially BLU, who had true sight Imps all over the place for their wonderful Staging points.

Not that I am against this, just... I find that reason funny since other jobs have had to do it before, guess its time for me and my GF to catch up on levels though, we intentionally left RUN & GEO at level 40 just because of the AF weapon/gear. Speaking of which...

Camate, any word on the AF Weapon itself? Will they have one like other jobs and if so what level should we be expecting?
    (5)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    With that said, the quest difficulty will match the item-level, so you might feel a bit nostalgic having to organize parties to hunt down this gear, much like you all had to do back in the day for your first artifact sets.
    I see that working well for about a week. Then it'll be like all other dead content in this game where it's "just bring 17 of your best friends along for no rewards." Then the inevitable adjustments, and the whining about them because people did it "the hard way" back in the day and "why not just get 17 other people to help you. don't you have any friends?" arguments.
    (4)

Character
    Kiakasha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    /yell GEO relic head fight do you need it? REMD Veteran SAM DRK WAR COR BRD WHM OR SCH
    (16)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have to say I am disappointed in this decision. I purposely left my RUN at level 50 in the hopes of being able to level into the AF armor as I progressed. Sadly, this just reinforces the idea of "don't bother with anything levels 1-98".
    (9)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    While I'm alright with this news I was holding my RUN at level 58 in hopes AF1 would be appropriate for that level. I was also hoping the stats might be % based so they'd scale with the job as the level went up. Having said all that, the reality is that 1 or 2 Abyssea parties would make that gear irrelevant, and for that I'm glad with the decision to make them relevant at level 99.
    (0)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast