Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    AF is fine and all, but I want to know the important stuff, like, when are we getting run and geo job emotes? Seriously, priorities!
    I am going to take a wild guess here and say when maintenance hits for the update.
    (0)
    What is there to say? I am me, and no one can change that.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Demonicpagan

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I can't say the same for relic and empyrean, but one of the big draws for artifact armor for me today is getting to see the story of the questline unfold (except Borghertz; I hope he died in a fire). Even if the gear itself is no longer relevant, the storyline is rewarding itself for some of us.

However, the kinds of players who enjoy such stories and the kinds of players who would jump through whatever hoops will be necessary for "level 105" gear are generally mutually exclusive. Even today it's not uncommon to see players parked at rank 6 simply because they see no point in continuing beyond Dynamis access. And of all the debate and complaints about this-or-that Empyrean weapon, not once have I seen the complaint be "There's no story there."

So now I'm envisioning S-E giving us GEO and RUN AF quests with storyline that will just get clicked through by those who can access it, and be out of reach for those who would be most interested in seeing it.

Well, that or they'll just sell it to us for bayld.
    (9)
    Last edited by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo; 06-05-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm glad they took this route. There's not much sense adding new 50-60 gear that'll be useful for all of a few hours and some vanity screenshots. Now the question is whether this'll be more like AF3+2 or +2'd Relic.
    (2)

Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    I'm glad they took this route. There's not much sense adding new 50-60 gear that'll be useful for all of a few hours and some vanity screenshots. Now the question is whether this'll be more like AF3+2 or +2'd Relic.
    Yeah, that's what I'm saying. No sense on doing 50-60 gear with the way the game is played now.
    (0)
    What is there to say? I am me, and no one can change that.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Demonicpagan

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    lvl 50-60 AF is still useful for ability and skill bonuses on all of my jobs... The fact that so many people simply skipped over it and never bothered going back to get them as macro pieces is pretty sad.

If nothing else, this decision is just something they had to cut corners on because their man-power is starved with the launch of FFXIV just two months away...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

First, one reason is that Adoulin content is for level 99+ and as such the monsters in those areas are extremely high level, and trying to acquire level 50-60 gear in these areas just doesn't make sense.

The other major reason is that most of you are looking forward to wearing these new artifact armors to do battle with the monsters that lurk in Adoulin areas, so the development team made the decision to implement them at the proper level in which they can be used.
    In this case, why aren't GEO and RUN set to level 99 when they're unlocked?
    (6)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This change only really bothers me from an OCD "now AF charts will look funny" standpoint.

Will other jobs be obtaining ilevel105 JSE or are there any plans for further JSE in the future?
    (5)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    AF is fine and all, but I want to know the important stuff, like, when are we getting run and geo job emotes? Seriously, priorities!
    When they add it, I'm sure I won't be unlocking it. You know the torque is going to be 99 and require some crazy drops from Aldouin mobs to unlock.
    (1)

Character
    Asiren
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This announcement gives me mixed feelings. On one hand, I'm unhappy that I have to get my GEO/RUN to 99 before I can even wear my AF in comparison to the older jobs that get to wear their first AF sets at 60.

On the other hand, clearly there's not enough time or manpower to make multiple sets of AF gear anymore. In which case, it might be for the best that we get at least 1 good set of AF gear for GEO/RUN that will be good for level 99. It does make me sad that GEO/RUN may not get any relic or empyrean sets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpagan View Post
    You have to look at the way the game is played now. You start out in your starting city areas and then work your way out to the nearest craig zone for that city which takes you to ~10-15. People then move into Gusgen Mines and book burn their job to ~30. Moving from there to either burning their levels in Abyssea in a worm party or moving to Crawler's Nest to ~45. After such it is then off to Bostaunieux Oubliette to 99. In all this, the player may upgrade their armor and weapons a handful of times as they will be spending a number of their levels in some sort of burn party and leaving and coming back just to upgrade gear/weapons just isn't worth the time and effort.
    You're making the assumption that everyone levels your way. I don't. So yeah, I'm going to miss having my AF from level 42 to 60.

You can say I'm being obstinate, and I'm just wasting my time. Maybe I am. But, I prefer to do it this way so I can see how the job grows and learn as I level up. Added bonus: I don't have to spend as much time skilling up at 99 because *gasp* I leveled up at a "slower" rate.

I still use (ahem, abuse) Ground Tomes, and I duo with my husband mostly. The only difference is I don't level in Ground Tome alliances.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    That's not something to celebrate. Seeing that even "simple" quests like the one for the Reive unity KI are close to impossible to complete in a small group, I shudder to think what the req's for GEO and RUN AF will be.
    Getting the Reive Unity KI is not hard if you're prepared for it. I did it as a WHM with my husband (who was on NIN). Due to the wait for the ??? target (this was soon after SoA was released), we teamed up with another 2-person team (another NIN and his WHM). No one was in danger of dying during the whole fight.

Granted this is an ideal set-up, but I think even a DRG, MNK, and RDM should be able to take on the Reive Unity KI NM with no problems.
    (2)

Character
    Valenia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    So in the past the logical progression was:

Get the quest and Unlock it, for a bit of info on the job.
    get to 40, start your quest line that gives back story to said job
    get to 50, continue quest line and receive armor
    60, Yay I feel like a real "JOB" now
    70, defeat LB quest and conclude story

How does that work with AF being 90+ and having no Limit break quest at all?

There's no sense of progression. Its just catering to the people who afk level their jobs in Abyssea and mash enter through cutscenes.

I know its an unpopular opinion because people were disagreeing with me in LS chat...but I'd rather they give us the 52-60 armor and leave the quests in Adoulin. You can tell me its annoying to sneak and invis your way through a zone and dodging True aggro mobs sucks...but its part of the fun of the job. Trucking out to staging points dodging imps and the long slog out to the Execution Chamber in Halvung were just highlights on my trip leveling BLU.

You're already catering to the grind as fast as possible and spam enter people with most of the Adoulin content. Can't you just concede this one thing to the people who like the lore and take the trip to 99 at their own pace even if its considered slow and stupid?

Very likely it won't happen...and I'll live with it, but I'll always think its dumb.
    (3)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast