Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Beanies
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I understand the decision, but I disagree with it vehemently. The message being given is that the lower level armors have no value. As a BST, that couldn't be further from the truth, *especially* in the SoA areas where the Charm+ on the original Artifact and Relic is quite helpful for snagging pets that are on par with the enemies in those areas.

So, in a way, it makes me both sad and angry to think that GEO and RUN are being shafted on equipment they could've made use of much sooner than 99. Geomancy or Handbell skill+? Perhaps something to increase the number of Rune Enchantments? Heck, even a handbell that isn't level 1 would be useful long before level 99. PUPs didn't have to wait until 75 to get a desirable animator (40 and 71 respectively at the previous 75 cap).

I was waiting for the AF to be included before I dove headlong into Geomancer. I've wanted to play that job ever since FFXI launched! Every rumored expansion I'd get all excited and hope for Geomancer. You've stuck a fork in that enthusiasm. It's not just a matter of stats (though that's a large part of it), but also the thrill of *looking like the job*. Not all of us play to be god-like endgamers. Some of us just want to have fun and play the role, you know?
    (8)
    Last edited by Beans; 06-05-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Seriously? I've seen several people soloing that quest. Sure, not every person/job can do that, but it is absolutely nowhere close to "close to impossible" with a party unless you're all absolute trash.
    Take a trio. AF3+2 DRG, a MNK in Bayld gear and a RDM/DNC (me). Halfway through it started spamming stuff and wiped us. Several times. Going by damage alone I'd say the mob was designed around a tank taking the hits, because it cleaned our clocks too easily. That's with it casting cures on us.

As I said, if AF quests involve mobs are anything like that one, it's going to hurt. A lot.
    (1)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I understand the decision, but I disagree with it vehemently. The message being given is that the lower level armors have no value. As a BST, that couldn't be further from the truth, *especially* in the SoA areas where the Charm+ on the original Artifact and Relic is quite helpful for snagging pets that are on par with the enemies in those areas.

So, in a way, it makes me both sad and angry to think that GEO and RUN are being shafted on equipment they could've made use of much sooner than 99. Geomancy or Handbell skill+? Perhaps something to increase the number of Rune Enchantments? Heck, even a handbell that isn't level 1 would be useful long before level 99. PUPs didn't have to wait until 75 to get a desirable animator (40 and 71 respectively at the previous 75 cap).

I was waiting for the AF to be included before I dove headlong into Geomancer. I've wanted to play that job ever since FFXI launched! Every rumored expansion I'd get all excited and hope for Geomancer. You've stuck a fork in that enthusiasm. It's not just a matter of stats (though that's a large part of it), but also the thrill of *looking like the job*. Not all of us play to be god-like endgamers. Some of us just want to have fun and play the role, you know?
    You have to look at the way the game is played now. You start out in your starting city areas and then work your way out to the nearest craig zone for that city which takes you to ~10-15. People then move into Gusgen Mines and book burn their job to ~30. Moving from there to either burning their levels in Abyssea in a worm party or moving to Crawler's Nest to ~45. After such it is then off to Bostaunieux Oubliette to 99. In all this, the player may upgrade their armor and weapons a handful of times as they will be spending a number of their levels in some sort of burn party and leaving and coming back just to upgrade gear/weapons just isn't worth the time and effort.

Now having another handbell for Geomancer at some point would be a nice thing to have instead of holding on to a level 1 handbell all the way to level 99. In the beginning I thought I was missing something when the expansion first came out thinking I would at some point come across a higher level handbell. Now this might just be the first artifact item for Geomancer when the AF gear comes out.

Didn't SE say that there wasn't going to be any relic and empy gear for these two jobs? Or was that only in reference to the weapons?
    (0)
    What is there to say? I am me, and no one can change that.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Demonicpagan

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    Take a trio. AF3+2 DRG, a MNK in Bayld gear and a RDM/DNC (me). Halfway through it started spamming stuff and wiped us. Several times. Going by damage alone I'd say the mob was designed around a tank taking the hits, because it cleaned our clocks too easily. That's with it casting cures on us.

As I said, if AF quests involve mobs are anything like that one, it's going to hurt. A lot.
    Yeah, with that party you should have won that fight easily... I soloed it only a few days after the content came out and I found out about the quest as RDM/NIN, and that was with me barley able to hit the thing, with that party setup it should have been easy.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Wow I duoed that fight with my husband on his blu n I was on my sch. I'm not even a very well geared nor do I feel that I'm really good at the job. Think he came close to death maybe once.?

Back on topic even though this for me means I have a lot of leveling to do I am glad we get to go back to questing our AF with these two jobs.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpagan View Post
    Didn't SE say that there wasn't going to be any relic and empy gear for these two jobs? Or was that only in reference to the weapons?
    I only read weapons. that being said, I don't recall anyone asking about anything else.

I a both happy and disappointed with this move. Yay for relevant gear at current 99 content, boo for no leveling gear, maybe no AF weap, having to quest in in odds and ends of pick-up armor that we have to play the jobs in now, and the big F U to the other 20 jobs that will NOT have level 99 AF armor.

I think that about covers it. Wait, and the instant move from our AF into trying to immediately outclass it with delve armor/weap in all probability.
    (2)

Character
    Demonicpagan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I only read weapons. that being said, I don't recall anyone asking about anything else.
    Ok, it's been a while since I read the thread that mentioned it.
    (0)
    What is there to say? I am me, and no one can change that.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Asura/Demonicpagan

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    So does this mean that GEO and RUN will not get Relic or Empyrean armors? Meaning that AF is the only set that they get, or will Relic and Emp be added in later on as well?
    They probably will but unlike the other jobs, these would be lower tier.
    (0)

shock aside, the invocation of item level here makes me think... they are calling it artifact now, but i wonder if these might be our first glimpses of the next tier of AF armor? such that, all jobs might one day have an AF in the item level range of whatever RUN/GEO's 99 AF is.
    (0)

AF is fine and all, but I want to know the important stuff, like, when are we getting run and geo job emotes? Seriously, priorities!
    (2)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast