Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    Greetings everyone,

We'd like to give you a bit of insight on our upcoming plans. In order to reforge rune fencer and geomancer artifact armor, you will need to have access to Limbus.

We will be announcing more information soon including ways to increase the artifact item level from 109 to 119 for all jobs soon!
    >_>
    Limbus.... again?
    Bleah... I hate that place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Ok, my question to you is, will we need to upgrade the sets we just took to 109 from other jobs?
    What do you mean? Are you asking if we're gonna be able to skip the 109 RF and just go straight to the 119 RF+1? Sorta like the relic+2 deal?
    Cause I imagine that it'll be more get X pages (pg6-10) from these new 20/30 SKCs BCNMs to update the 109 ==> 119.
    Though this talk of needing Limbus for RUN and GEO's 119....
    Not only makes me worried... cause... Limbus is way too randomized for my taste...
    But it also is really weird to me....
    Because wtf does Limbus have to do with anything anymore? the AF1+1 was a really awful BCNM type deal... Plus it had the whole "we can upgrade your AF1 with lost Zilartian science/magic"...
    But with RUN and GEO already coming out of the box as RF1....
    Having the AF1 for RUN and GEO be 109 divorced those sets from the older sets' way of things.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    What do you mean? Are you asking if we're gonna be able to skip the 109 RF and just go straight to the 119 RF+1? Sorta like the relic+2 deal?
    Cause I imagine that it'll be more get X pages (pg6-10) from these new 20/30 SKCs BCNMs to update the 109 ==> 119.
    Though this talk of needing Limbus for RUN and GEO's 119....
    No no no, what I mean is do we need to do content to upgrade RF into RF+1 or will we just have RF stats upgraded, the way its worded in the development notes make it sound like they will be just upgraded, and that's why I ask, its hard to tell. RUN and GEO already have a lot less work to do on their AF, similar to the amount of work every other job had to do their original, but with harder fights, we have those harder fights and then some with the new SKCNMs, so it comes to mind that all jobs could simply be upgraded, and GEO/RUN are the only jobs that have this new requirement to upgrade theirs. That's why I ask. I do agree new pages 6~10 make sense, and its what I thought of as soon as they said we were upgrading from 109 to 119, as well as coming from the new battlefields because these were only the first implementation of battlefields. But, since nothing is 100% confirmed on this either way, its best to ask.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh nonono it's definitely that we will need to be doing.... something.

Maybe the 6-10pgs will be from a special new Limbus area?

Maybe it'll just be more new BCNMs...

The "you will need Limbus access for RUN and GEO" is throwing me way off....
    Cause if it's a new Limbus area... then... you'd need it for all 22 jobs...

God I hope it's not "go make RUN and GEO RF1+1 in the same way you made AF1+1".... cause... uhg...
    All those random rare-exclusive drops... they're never the ones you want... at least it can be done 1/JPmidnight nowadays...
    (0)

Player
    Limbus access is unlocked at the same time Sea is, perhaps they meant you would need Sea access to get to Divine Might II and Divine Might II would drop the pages required to upgrade it. An idea.
    (2)

Character
    Leocon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They've also said they're going to be dropping the rare tag at least, if not both R/E, from Limbus upgrade items. If it's both R/E people might be able to start bazaaring them for an additional source of income, or at the very least you can start stockpiling items for other jobs while trying to farm items for your current job; sure it's not as fast as people seem to want things to be these days, but at least it cuts down on the total time needed to upgrade everything you want.

Edit: They've also said they're going to make the upgrade items stackable as well, which will help a HELLUVA lot, for me at least, inventory-wise heh. I've got a bunch of upgrade items stored on my mules.
    (0)
    Last edited by Leocon; 11-28-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by andotaco86 View Post
    You know, a real AF set would be really, really, really nice... There is almost no reasonable gear available for a RUN from like 40-70. An af set would have solved allot of this.
    A Brief overview of this travestY indeed ShowS it to bE Abominable.

I can't help but wonder how this has been allowed to occur.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

How can you hate Limbus... it was awesome fun. I hope they revamp it further!
    (2)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Limbus access is unlocked at the same time Sea is, perhaps they meant you would need Sea access to get to Divine Might II and Divine Might II would drop the pages required to upgrade it. An idea.
    But.... wouldn't Divine Might II be SKY access? not Limbus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    How can you hate Limbus... it was awesome fun. I hope they revamp it further!
    DX because it's too randomized.
    And random+me=never getting the drops I want/need... Let me tell you about the 99 capes and me...
    Or rather let's not.
    Because I hate them. >:x

And also I am not a fan of just the whole process of it.
    The Arch/Omega/Ultima are fun I guess...
    But single NMs do not make the content fun for me.

It's just my personal taste. (for me, Dynamis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Limbus)
    (0)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13