Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Delve already dying?

Ever since Delve came into the scene, ppl quickly went to the content, most of the old got neglected, patch was made to make it even more difficult for potential new players to try it out, ppl went elite only to make the situation worse, and now im seeing it dying down within a month. Ppl already have their weapons/equ, some maxed out, not gonna continue, basically already done w/ the content at hand. So who wants to bet they are gonna make this content much easier for ppl to get back into it?

Off track on this one cause I talk to some of my LS members and this came to mind...

The reason im saying this because I knew this was gonna happen. I knew it was gonna screw the new players in the long run(and no im not gonna tell them to play a specific job, I want them to feel comfortable on the job they favor) because they will have trouble playing the new content. I don't know what SE was thinking when they release this content w/o knowing the consequences that about to spew out. There so much problems that is hurting this game and im wondering if they are doing this on purpose.
    (7)

Player
    Delve is not dying so far as I know, why would it? Unlike events like VW it has a point system allowing you to get your items, and thanks to Airlixirs being needed by many people for their augments on weapons and on gear its keeping people going even if they finish their own personal gear, Airlixirs right now seem to be the best way to make money even. On top of this, once people start beating the bosses more frequently and more easily it will probably become even more important because people will need a ton of Plasm for those items, some of which are even 200,000 Plasm.
    (2)

Not to mention the crafting items that (as far as I'm aware) drop from the bosses. If people don't want to use one of the support jobs (whm brd cor) so that they can get the wins and plasm required to get their delve weapons, they can farm gil and wait for the craftable weapons to come into play and eventually drop in price if required.
    (1)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Im not worried about mats and yes ppl can do that to farm gil or crafting, but how long til ppl get tired of it once they have everything they need. Somehow the talk just reminds of Voidwatch, u can farm HMP, riftcinders, etc. but once ppl have what they wanted, where are they at regarding shouts for runs and whatnot? Im looking at this long term and how SE gonna make ppl get back to this content by forcing them to make it easier as due the other older contents for example.
    (0)

Player
    See the thing with VW was ok till the cruor nerf, take Akvan for example, the drop rate is roughly 1 in 3 kills for a plate, so six kills is 2 plates. Before the cruor nerf people could do Akvan, use the 20k Cruor a kill and turn it into 50k gil, on top of that, they were spending 120k on dust (if they had to buy it) which made it 180k profit from the cruor alone, the plates were a bonus. With how it is now, plate prices dropped, not sure exactly where they are now but last I knew it was roughly 80k, so basically you are spending 120k on dust to get 160k worth of plates, an Akvan run rewarding you with 40k for every run on average.

Plasm farming on the other hand has no entrance fee at all for anyone except the person taking you in, who is compensated with the first 2~3 Airlixirs, as together they cost roughly the same as the entrance items. Everything inside is not luck based unless you count the group you go with, most runs are simply the same, and drops are not a big deal with 18 people, its more about the Plasm you use to buy Airlixirs, so VWs problems are mostly eliminated.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    See the thing with VW was ok till the cruor nerf, take Akvan for example, the drop rate is roughly 1 in 3 kills for a plate, so six kills is 2 plates. Before the cruor nerf people could do Akvan, use the 20k Cruor a kill and turn it into 50k gil, on top of that, they were spending 120k on dust (if they had to buy it) which made it 180k profit from the cruor alone, the plates were a bonus. With how it is now, plate prices dropped, not sure exactly where they are now but last I knew it was roughly 80k, so basically you are spending 120k on dust to get 160k worth of plates, an Akvan run rewarding you with 40k for every run on average.

Plasm farming on the other hand has no entrance fee at all for anyone except the person taking you in, who is compensated with the first 2~3 Airlixirs, as together they cost roughly the same as the entrance items. Everything inside is not luck based unless you count the group you go with, most runs are simply the same, and drops are not a big deal with 18 people, its more about the Plasm you use to buy Airlixirs, so VWs problems are mostly eliminated.
    Your facts (I hope) are pretty far off. Now servers vary, but, check this;

On my server, I did 6x10 and bought ALL the voiddust, it cost 4k each. Voidwatch has died off -that- much. so that was 240k total. The plates I got I sold for MORE than the usual cost, because plates are going UP in prep for the new 99 empyreans. Yes, I sold them @ the original price 100k each, and they sold near-instantly. Yes people can be dumb, and undercut.

Made in the neighborhood of 3,000,000 with the cost of 240k. Just sayin'.

The voidwatch problems still exist within fracture. Gimps are everywhere, there is no salvation.

Everything "INSIDE" is luck. You could have a TERRIBLE paladin, or a garbage whitemage who doesn't haste/erase/cure.

You can have people who don't use food, don't swap gear etc. The "problems" are not event specific, just more apparent within certain events. Personally, the fracture group should be BETTER, FAR better than a Voidwatch group...

The rewards from a shitty voidwatch are the exact same as an EXCELLENT voidwatch... This is NOT true for fracture.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 06-04-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Player
    My numbers were based off the last 2 times I did VW honestly, PC is messed up fairly bad and Im prepping to wipe it so didn't really feel like goin to check current prices. If it has actually balanced out better than cool, I am just saying that from what VW was to what Delve is right now they are vastly different, because VW's money was mostly based on luck and paying to have a shot at that luck provided you had no stones, where as Delve has a minor entrance fee for a single person and the reward is much less luck based.

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    The rewards from a shitty voidwatch are the exact same as an EXCELLENT voidwatch... This is NOT true for fracture.
    That's not much different than saying that the rewards from VW can be trash or worth something, but the drops from Delve are always good money. I mean in 1 respect they are similar and on another they are totally different, the fact that Delve is so much more widespread in my opinion is why it will not die as easily. VW had people hunting different NMs for different items, Delve is all done in the same place for the same thing, Plasm. VW had low drop rates which made people angry and give up hope, Delve takes time but you WILL get your items eventually if you keep at it because its a number and progress you can track. VW money items were mostly all for 1 selection of weapons, while Plasm, or rather Airlixirs, are for a great deal of armor and weapons.

These are all reasons I think Delve will live a long time, the exact reason why I think it will live long is also the same reason I think it will die as soon as content outdates it, unlike VW. VW at least is a vital step in Emp weapons, and will continue to be needed for them most likely, while Delve is only Delve, if the Delve content is outdated then Airlixirs become paper weights and Plasm farms will die down, leaving the content barren, unlike VW which has a good reason to be kept alive. On top of that, VW has gear which fills various key spots like PDT or STP in large amounts in a single spot, while Delve is a ton of mixed stats with augments providing tons of WS gear or nuking gear, but not a ton of other uses, so if that is outdated the gear becomes an expensive stepping stone, and we all know how well those work in this game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 06-04-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It took me a single day to get 30k plasm for the weapon I wanted... A week later, playing casually, I had all of the Delve items I wanted including some I can't even use that dropped from teir NMs... The way I see it, the only people with access to the top-teir item KIs (from the megabosses) are those who are in LSs doing delve... and those LSs are going to stick together for the most part, meaning the rest of us will just wait for the next content update and pick up from there without worrying about Delve...

Delve is super grindy and monotonous, good riddance I say... at least there was some variety in VW...
    (2)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Your facts (I hope) are pretty far off. Now servers vary, but, check this;

On my server, I did 6x10 and bought ALL the voiddust, it cost 4k each. Voidwatch has died off -that- much. so that was 240k total. The plates I got I sold for MORE than the usual cost, because plates are going UP in prep for the new 99 empyreans. Yes, I sold them @ the original price 100k each, and they sold near-instantly. Yes people can be dumb, and undercut.

Made in the neighborhood of 3,000,000 with the cost of 240k. Just sayin'.

The voidwatch problems still exist within fracture. Gimps are everywhere, there is no salvation.

Everything "INSIDE" is luck. You could have a TERRIBLE paladin, or a garbage whitemage who doesn't haste/erase/cure.

You can have people who don't use food, don't swap gear etc. The "problems" are not event specific, just more apparent within certain events. Personally, the fracture group should be BETTER, FAR better than a Voidwatch group...

lol @ the reward from shity VW being the exact same as excellent VW.
    -shity run can be a wipe=> no reward @all (yes it's possible to wipe in VW)
    -possible reward are the same, not the reward, no matter how good you are if the RNG say you get no drop you get no drop while the guy who landed 2hits per fight got every possible drop

any group that can enter Delve will get out with some plasm, don't even need to /sh for full ally.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    -possible reward are the same, not the reward, no matter how good you are if the RNG say you get no drop you get no drop while the guy who landed 2hits per fight got every possible drop
    Really one other thing that puts Delve apart from VW too, everyone gets the same reward based on how well you do, so no one has any reason to slack off. In VW people at times basically did nothing, or afked, they would get the same reward regardless of what they did, so they did not care. Now, its a bit different, Delve makes it so everyone feels like they are being rewarded for their effort, and everyone has to do their best to pull in more for everyone, if you slack off, you kill your own reward as well, extra incentive not to do that.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast