Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    And no one needed the emp weapon items from that or the +2 items it can drop or want the KI so they could pop Lacovie?
    Most people won't help another person even in their own LS unless they have a shot at getting something for theirselves.
    (2)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    Say what you want. I'm just sick of people bitching that they want to solo everything my link shell actually does things together hell we had a full alliance last week just killing the stuff for one member to beat glavoid. Does it need to be made a bit easier? Maybe but you should NOT be able to solo it.
    Glavoid is duoable... you apparently don't know what we're talking about if you think farming Glavoid shells is somehow comparable to this issue... Your LS does that event as an alliance because it's more productive that way...
    (2)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    Glavoid is duoable... you apparently don't know what we're talking about if you think farming Glavoid shells is somehow comparable to this issue... Your LS does that event as an alliance because it's more productive that way...
    The point was that you can get a decent group of people for things they don't need themselves. But you people would rather whine that things are too hard so screw it I'm done with you.
    (0)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    The point was that you can get a decent group of people for things they don't need themselves. But you people would rather whine that things are too hard so screw it I'm done with you.
    How are ppl "whining" when they are trying to help fix this game for ppl to play...well to stop them from unsubbing actually? So u are saying is to let the game stay the way they are hoping ppl will come when u know well no one is doing that zone period? If the game isn't fixed ppl are going to leave and u know money talks. They will be forced to fix that if that money isn't coming.

U know well that ppl will not help u unless they get something in return, that's how it work the majority of the time. Like that your 1 LS member excuse, what has he done to make his LS help him on glavoid shells? How much did he contribute?

U are comparing something that everyone can get item wise for their empy weapons to an event only to beat a coal. mission only to be blocked a hr later by VT to IT mobs(100+). Compairing something worth of value to pieces of cookie crumbs scattered on the ground. Comparing something that doesn't require a alliance beat to something that is mandatory to survive. Ppl know how difficult it is in that zone so what makes u think they gonna continue to stay there all day doing reives when they can do it easier at ceizak or morimar? If it ain't something worth getting to give alot of exp/bayld they ain't coming and u can't force them too no matter how hard u try.
    (2)
    Last edited by Osmond; 06-06-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Player
    The entire point of colonization reives is to block off access to places! So that we have to work together to bring them down so that we can access them! Why do you think the target is a wall?

What would be the point of them if they only blocked off empty areas with nothing important in them?
    (4)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Louispv View Post
    The entire point of colonization reives is to block off access to places! So that we have to work together to bring them down so that we can access them! Why do you think the target is a wall?

What would be the point of them if they only blocked off empty areas with nothing important in them?
    Isn't supposed to block off routes to access deeper areas to reach a new zone sooner not a dead end? I would understand that a exit and biovacs would be important, but a locus? Ppl would rather do more in ceizak than the caverns. Not wasting their time. It would make sense to block off areas to reach the waypoint to skirmish using that logic. That would be important.
    (0)
    Last edited by Osmond; 06-06-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Character
    Qweenneko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thought I'd throw in my personal experience on this:
    Cirdas Cavern reives *are* soloable on several jobs. I've done it twice now on SCH/blm. I've seen PUP and BST take down reives, too, all by themselves. It just takes an hour or more to do. Most reives have places you can park your character and cast spell after spell on the walls. Which, if you don't know, have plenty of MP to aspir. So if you really want to get past, grab your pet, ranged, or mage job and a big pile of snacks and go solo yourself a reive!

Which is worth doing, if you stash away your extra papers in other missions. One trip to Cirdas Caverns locus gets you 4800 bayld/xp with three papers. Ten runs is enough to cap your XP after zombie holding the NMs in a Fracture run.
    (2)

Character
    Osmond
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Qweenneko View Post
    Thought I'd throw in my personal experience on this:
    Cirdas Cavern reives *are* soloable on several jobs. I've done it twice now on SCH/blm. I've seen PUP and BST take down reives, too, all by themselves. It just takes an hour or more to do. Most reives have places you can park your character and cast spell after spell on the walls. Which, if you don't know, have plenty of MP to aspir. So if you really want to get past, grab your pet, ranged, or mage job and a big pile of snacks and go solo yourself a reive!

Which is worth doing, if you stash away your extra papers in other missions. One trip to Cirdas Caverns locus gets you 4800 bayld/xp with three papers. Ten runs is enough to cap your XP after zombie holding the NMs in a Fracture run.
    If what SE is doing to adjust reives through all areas. I don't think ppl will worry about playing a pet job to solo.
    (0)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    After the last couple adjustments. It still takes a while for pets to clear the roots in Cirdas. However I did this back prior to the recent mission update when people had to clear a reive to get to a Ergon Locust for a cut scene. There isnt that much room to avoid reive agro but 2 stacks of prisim powders kept me free from hate while the doll did its work. It wasn't bad just time consuming while I keept tossing up a powder just before it wore off. Used both stacks of powders on one reive though.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    In general, I agree with Volarione's sentiment. It's an MMORPG, sometimes you gotta work together. I don't think that you should be able to solo your way through an entire mission line. I did the TOAU, WOTG, and 3-mini expansion mission lines in 2011 and had to go through a lot of grief organizing a static to make it through. I did manage to solo the Windurst rank missions and soloed Crystalline Prophecy with a great deal of difficulty.

In the Adoulin missions, so far there has been only one real, burning circle type fight, in the "Behind the Sluices" mission. I think everyone here would agree that you should be forced to party up for that.

In one way, you could say that this thing with the Ergon Locus is the same--it's a battle; put together a party to win the battle, then do the cutscenes. Except it's NOT like that, or any other mission battle. Reives represent you attacking some obstruction with a ton of hit points, guarded by monsters that have a ton of hit points. To make matters worse, there are an infinitely respawning pool of these monsters, so it's not like your party can pick the monsters off one by one then go after the obstruction when they're all gone.

I don't think I've ever been in a reive where there wasn't a Paladin with an Aegis or Ochain supertanking the monsters while everyone else attacked the obstruction. I don't care if that's the nature of most Colonization reives, but this reive is part of a mission line. Missions are the storyline of the game. They're something fun to strive for and work to complete if you're not enticed by the pursuit of fancy equipment. As such, I think they should be accessible to all players, no matter what the quality of their gear, so long as they do the basic stuff (get level 99, get their combat skills high enough to do damage, and wear some gear).

I got lucky on this particular mission. I was online doing something else when a linkshell member who knew I was stuck on this mission was passing by and noticed there was a group taking down the reive. I rushed out as fast as I could and got the Ergon Locus before the reive regrew.

Fortunately, I've seen that the dev team seems to be aware of discontent surrounding the obstructive nature of colonization reives as is working on the problem.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2