Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    This is a stupid argument and you should feel embarrassed putting it forward. Look at other posts in this thread.
    meh, was half asleep; at least give h2h grips if they want to go back and gimp the update before even implementing it

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Of course it's stupid. He recommends SV marchES along with Embrava, and in his previous post he said how Perfect Dodge doesn't help MNK much lol.
    never recommended it was just throwing out haste buffs off the top of my head; though I actually went back and double checked if I posted perfect dodge. Was pretty lulz and looks like I didn't
    (0)
    Last edited by Cream_Soda; 06-05-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    I don't see how it's too large of a jump in power.

h2h is the only category that doesn't get anything at all in the offhand. No grips, no dw. etc. We can't reach the amount of haste that 2handers can with hasso, which will always keep them at top in damage in anything that matters (for example, the only delve megaboss clears have all been zerg parties; soul voice marches, embrava, etc.)
    Except you only need 66% haste to reach cap on MNK, with 25% from gear that means you only need an extra 41% from spells. Marchx2 and Haste spell does that, Embrava and Haste spell puts you at 40% which would mean bard could do attack or acc songs instead.

Oh and spell haste caps at ~43.5% so as long as you are getting haste spell SV marchex2 is a waste, or march, and embrava is also a waste.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    Is this just for Hand-to-Hand weapons or all one-handed (dual wield) weapons?
    The adjustment mentioned in my previous post is only for hand-to-hand weapons.

This is being adjusted in order to tone down damage dealt from weapon skills; however, regular attacks will not see much of a difference from this change.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorror View Post
    Except you only need 66% haste to reach cap on MNK, with 25% from gear that means you only need an extra 41% from spells. Marchx2 and Haste spell does that, Embrava and Haste spell puts you at 40% which would mean bard could do attack or acc songs instead.

Oh and spell haste caps at ~43.5% so as long as you are getting haste spell SV marchex2 is a waste, or march, and embrava is also a waste.
    One post above you brah
    was just throwing out haste buffs off the top of my head
    (0)

though I actually went back and double checked if I posted perfect dodge. Was pretty lulz and looks like I didn't
    Sorry about that. It seems I've been posting whilst drunk >.>

And you're right it was Frankreynolds in the post above yours that said how PD does little for MNK.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    We can't reach the amount of haste that 2handers can with hasso, which will always keep them at top in damage in anything that matters(for example, the only delve megaboss clears have all been zerg parties; soul voice marches, embrava, etc.)
    clears report i got set ups:
    -type1: anhi/yoichi RNG as main DDs
    -type2 : (mnk*2 DD cor brd whm)*2 +magePT

that make more place for mnk than for 2hander
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't see how it's too large of a jump in power.

h2h is the only category that doesn't get anything at all in the offhand. No grips, no dw. etc. We can't reach the amount of haste that 2handers can with hasso, which will always keep them at top in damage in anything that matters (for example, the only delve megaboss clears have all been zerg parties; soul voice marches, embrava, etc.)

And comparing to DW, we get no kinds of stats to put in the offhand at all. Can't add a lower delay wep in the offhand to enhance martial arts. Can't put something with acc/attack/crit damage in the offhand.

There's no reason for the second punch to be treated as an offhand to begin with. There's no bonus for that slot that every other job has access to.
    Wow wow wow.... is this really Cream Soda posting? Or an alien troll who took control of his body?
    Whoa...
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Sorry about that. It seems I've been posting whilst drunk >.>

And you're right it was Frankreynolds in the post above yours that said how PD does little for MNK.
    Just finished reading the thief forums before I posted that. lol Seriously though. Monk needs to be a little less squishy imo.
    (0)

Character
    Yummypie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it's time to introduce the long overdue sub slot for H2H: Grip, tape, cloth, warps...whatever name they come up with it.

Mnk: Increase kick attack damage and/or frequency, more martial arts delay bonus, store TP...etc
    Pup: Enhance pet effect, haste, accuracy...etc

BTW, Footwork is very very useless now. Any reason why it should not be removed or changed?
    (1)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    One post above you brah
    Except I was talking about where you said "We can't reach the amount of haste that 2handers can with hasso."

MNK only needs 66% haste to cap haste so doesn't need hasso, with 25% haste gear you don't even need to cap magic haste to cap delay reduction on MNK.
    (2)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast