Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    Noisome Powder is actually a decent AoE to get things off you. Spiral Spin's Accuracy Down is not the same as Paralyze. A situation where both are used and stacked has to be accounted for. I'm also pretty sure Falcorr doesn't resist wind like Yuly does, and I remember using that quite a bit.

Additionally, we're comparing a vermin jug marked useable at Level 76 vs. a bird jug intended for use at Level 86. It must mean something to SE, or they would be identical, wouldn't they? (Falcorr is also newer than Yuly)

So I don't know. Like I said, I'd say the performance difference is intentional, but Yuly could still have occasional use today, mainly on something that likes wind.
    None of that really matters anymore, since in every case you want the enemy to hit you and not your pet now. You take less damage, you resist magic more, you probably have buffs, and you can be healed. With us sitting at level 120 and yuly and falcorr still being level 97-99, it's pretty pointless to have one with "better tanking" or "hate grabbing," or "elemental resistance" since the enemies are so strong and high level that none of that matters. (Been that way for quite some time, too. Yuly doesn't take any less from wind than Falcorr does in voidwatch, meebles, or legion either.)

Only real reason to sue Yuly over Falcorr is vermin killer circle, since Cetas sucks hard, but we're getting a chapuli jug for that next update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    You sure about that? I've seen numerous reports of increased damage taken, and I kinda agree with them, like something feels a bit off.
    Yes. It specifically says it in the patch notes, and it was specifically said over a half dozen times by the devs when people kept asking the same question.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 06-25-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    I think we can agree that if the player "level" is expected to rise to 120, we should be able to use a "level" 118-120 equivalent pet.

Seems like this means either SE will be giving us powerful new pet gear, or every pre-Adoulin jug (And also our Beast Affinity) will now be useless.

I don't think we should be worrying about Treasure Hunter on Yuly. :/
    (0)

Player
    I will give you the statement that we should -not- worry about TH on yuli, HOWEVER.

SQUARE shouldn't have worried about it in the first place. But since they thought it was worth nerfing, clearly, we think it's worth giving back, or adjusting as previously promised.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2