Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    They can use the most broken ability in the game.

AURASTEAL
    (2)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    They can use the most broken ability in the game.

AURASTEAL
    And pretty soon we'll be able to steal SP1 Abilities!!! From all kinds of stuffs. Like Naakua...no..Delve N....errr...ummhn...we can steal SP1 from.....something?

We sure do get all the coolest abilities that have absolutely no use!
    (2)

Character
    Zemzerrett
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The hint is in the description: "Adds a Dispel effect to Steal"

Aura Steal is more strategic, for example if a NM becomes immune to magic for say 30 seconds after using a spell such as Shock Spikes you can't use Finale or Dispel to remove that Shock Spikes until the immunity wears off, so melee are forced to face away. With Aura Steal you can remove Shock Spikes, and melee can continue on without waiting or taking damage from Shock Spikes.
    (0)
    Finishing the work which is not made through thoughtless human conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemzerrett View Post

Aura Steal is more strategic, for example if a NM becomes immune to magic for say 30 seconds after using a spell such as Shock Spikes you can't use Finale or Dispel to remove that Shock Spikes until the immunity wears off, so melee are forced to face away. With Aura Steal you can remove Shock Spikes, and melee can continue on without waiting or taking damage from Shock Spikes.
    Every 5 minutes....
    (4)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    wasnt there a new ability coming that allowed thf to steal effects including 2 hours? I cant remember where i read about that.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    wasnt there a new ability coming that allowed thf to steal effects including 2 hours? I cant remember where i read about that.
    It's our new 2 1 hour ability. Though since SoA was released, it's been proven to be useless before it's even been released. RDMs can rejoice, our ability is now more useless than theirs!
    (2)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemzerrett View Post

OK I'll bite. Could you provide an example of an NM where this is the case? Because I make it a point to try to do everything I can on THF....and I have never come across one that "uses shock spikes and then becomes immune to magic for 30 seconds."

I have, however, come accross several monsters that gave me a useles bone chip instead of dispelling the ice spikes like I wanted.

I have also experienced several NMs, like Turul for example, where Aurasteal just doesn't work at all.

Lets put aside for a second that Aurasteal is dependant on the success rate of steal, is NOT 100% accurate and was just plain coded not to work on a great many NMs...even though acording to the devs "That (NMs) is what Aurasteal is for."

IT'S ON A 5 MINUTE TIMER. You know what monsters do when you dispell their effects? They reapply them....seconds later.

When you steal Cocoon form a Crawler and it wears off 5 seconds later...do you feel like those were merits well spent?

I even have it merited 5/5 now becuase I figured i'd try stealing all those defense and evasion boost TP moves fracture mobs love to spam? And I STILL have yet to find a strategic use for it.

Edit:

And I'm pretty sure Krabnuckle was being sarcastic.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-15-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Yeah, except for the fact that no monsters in SoA use SP1 abilities (The new ability will be specifically coded NOT to work on SP2).

AWESOME new SP2
    (0)

I'd sure like Mug to have its recast timer taken down by at least 5 minutes.
    15 minutes for Mug, an ability that will probably get you 200gil at the most? We wouldn't even get rich off of it if it were a 5 min recast timer. :P
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    OK I'll bite. Could you provide an example of an NM where this is the case? Because I make it a point to try to do everything I can on THF....and I have never come across one that "uses shock spikes and then becomes immune to magic for 30 seconds."
    How about, oh, I don't know, EVERY POT IN THE GAME? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Spectral_Barrier
    How about EVERY AHRIMAN IN THE GAME? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Shield
    How about EVERY SOULFLAYER IN THE GAME? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Immortal_Shield

Let's not even forget about any enemy that is resistant to darkness spells that "Dispel" won't land on regardless of Magic Shield and Magic Barrier. And to a lesser extent things immune to light, and unable to be Finale'd.

Try to dispel dread spikes from the elementals in Heroes of abyssea. That's right, you can't, Aura Steal.

Just an example, think before you type.

Stealing 60 Minute shockspikes from Mother Globe is pretty legit. (maybe it's 30 minutes?) Not entirely useful, but worth the entertainment.

How about stealing the MASSIVE boost of Fluorescence from JoL, yeah you're all to new to even know about that tactic aren't you.

How about Stealing Carabosse's Regain, from (Summer Breeze) SIMPLY F*CKING AMAZING.

You complain about things that you don't even know how to use properly. Aura Steal -DOES- infact, have a few good uses. It's not game shatteringly awesome, but it certainly has them.

Yes, it's usefulness is certainly limited by it's timer, and it's ability to actually steal an ITEM instead of a buff. It would be MUCH better as it's own ability, with a realistic timer, and IN-ability to actually "steal" an item and just absorb a buff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 06-15-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast