Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Jofjax
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that monsters will attack other monsters unprovoked, they never did that before, how would they know you aren't a 'normal' monster, from a immersion/lore/world standpoint?
    Its actually funny you say that, since the game was originally designed to have that very thing happen. I assume they decided not to go with that because players wouldn't be able to level up because all of the mobs would be killing each other. Not only were you competing against other players but the mobs themselves lol. The monster correlation chart was pretty much the original plan of what mobs would fight and eat what. I think they still used some of the system every now and then with things like the NMs you have to feed other mobs to spawn like that slime or antlion in abyssea.

So while you can say it doesn't make sense to do it because we have never seen SE use it, the game technically was designed to do it in the first place.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me that monsters will attack other monsters unprovoked, they never did that before, how would they know you aren't a 'normal' monster, from a immersion/lore/world standpoint?
    Obviously by your name tag text color.
    You may look like a bee but your name tag is still in white text >.>
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    you can think of it more like blue magic and automaton attachments, which will be stored in a specialized place.
    You weren't kidding about that... it's an unholy merger of the automaton attachment window and blue magic selection
    The only thing missing is the ability to put a bee's head on top of a behemoth ;D (But who knows.. with the reuse of resources, it might be possible to activate a ValorMoth for a day or so
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Oooh... will it be possible to play as an automaton? As a PUP, I'd seriously love that (I'd probably stick with mechanical arcana regardless. Bees are for Beestmasters )
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

I asked if i could be Carbuncle but lore wise I DOUBTS IT QQ

I'd create a Mule, name KarbunclePrime, and if someone defeats me, I'll log him in where i died and be like, IT AINT OVER > SEARING LIGHT.

No but really I'll Poison Nails you, and it'll sting a little. like a Bee sting. It'll be very uncomfortable for a few minutes.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 06-05-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Sandria
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91
    Well mostly depends on where you gain monster forms from (leveling up? defeating said monster X times?). If the latter, then Carbuncle (Akash in Abyssea) and Automatons (Troll puppetmaster) would "theoretically" be possible. Honestly though, I think it'll just end up being what is in the top half of the monster correlation chart.
    (0)
    I'ma bop you one, Shadow Lord!

Character
    Skade
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I knew that this would be fun, but I am still surprised at how much I'm enjoying this (even at such an early stage). You get the impression very quickly that these forms will have massive HP pools and damage output to be able to compete with normal players in pvp. Very exciting to see the directions that Monstrosity explores as more features are added!
    (0)
    (>o.O)>--+ - -- --- --------*(x . x)>

Character
    Cybermario
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sweet! cant wait to play as a monster! o3o
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I was finally able to get around to checking this out.
    Initial impressions: Very, VERY fun. There is something very special about being able to play directly as a monster as opposed to a pet job.

Gameplay: Feels solid, it's similar enough to playing as an adventurer without being jarring.

I'll wait and see regarding the Sentiencies to provide feedback on that.

I guess my main concern is around the context in which this will be implemented in the actual game. While it's a very fun system, can you give us a little insight into what might motivate players to play as monsters? Will we be able to take our monsters to a colonization reive or salvage for example? Will there be certain rewards only obtainable by playing as a monster? I apologize if these questions have already been addressed.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the progression of this system, great work so far! ^_^
    (1)

Character
    Arach
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 40
    Maybe there is a way to also make Pankration fun by having the mod fights be players too!
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast