Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sandria
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 91
    <Black Phantom "Name here" has invaded!>

And then Odin comes riding up to your group...I have high hopes for Monstrosity and eagerly look forward to both its PvE and PvP effects
    (0)
    I'ma bop you one, Shadow Lord!

Hello everyone!

The Monstrosity content is now live on the Test Server, so definitely be sure to check it out! I think you all will have a lot of fun turning into a monster and exploring Vana’diel from another perspective.

While currently the amount of monsters you can become is limited, we will be adding more and more as they are ready and also expanding the number of areas.

Also, in case you were worried about whether each “knowledge” you obtain would take up precious inventory space, you can think of it more like blue magic and automaton attachments, which will be stored in a specialized place. So don’t you worry about inventory being taken up!

If you hop onto the Test Server sometime today, I MIGHT just be there chillin’ as a bee or something, so come by and check it out!
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm waiting to be able to fight people as a monster.
    (1)

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm waiting to be able to fight people as a monster.
    You will have lots of Fun!. When we CS lock you and zerg you down with embrava + PD ^^
    (2)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I played this for about an hour last night, it's friggin' fun from what I've tried so far. Gonna play it more in depth when I get home from work today. The only problem I've had so far was spawning as a lvl one near high lvl beast men mobs. It's a moot point after you've leveled up abit, but the "Retry" command after dying put me in front of a beast man four times, before I was able pull it far enough to respawn w/o aggro. Before it lets you move,after zoning in, it aggros you lol. This was in West Sarutabaruta, not sure of other zones yet. Obviously it's a work in progress still, just giving some insight. ^^ Maybe randomize where the "Retry" command puts you if you die right away, after the initial zone in from the home nations.
    (0)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I must say this new feature looks promising. I played it on the test server abit as a rabbit and at first it was intimidating with the lack of equipment, and the sentient being a little confusing. But as i played it on, i actually enjoyed myself! If I may be as bold to suggest, how about introducing a class which has the ability to transform into these monsters? You could call the class "Tamer" and their abilities and skills with the monsters they transform into are learned by fighting the type of monster they transform into(i.e Rabbit). Sort of like the blue mage except the skills learned aren't limited to "spells" The more of this monster they fight as lets say the rabbit monster, The more skills and monster traits they learn over time as they fight against over rabbit monsters. This is only a suggestion of course but I'm sure you have something better planned. ^^
    (0)

Greetings everyone!

I hope you all had a chance this weekend to try out Monstrosity.

I have a couple of things to note about current features as well as features that are to be implemented in the next Test Server update.

Healing HP/MP

Currently, as some of you might have noticed, you are not able to heal. However, in the next Test Server update we will be making it so your HP and MP recover when you are not fighting for a specific period of time.

Monsters at the warp points

In the next Test Server update we will be making it so you cannot be attacked by monsters for a specific period of time after warping from the lobby area.

Return Feature

We're planning to make it possible to cancel the "Return" ability once it has been activated.

Buffs and Experience Points

In the next Test Server update we will be making it so when you enter the lobby area you can reset your status effects so that food or other special effects do not carry-over when you change into a monster.

Also, since this content was meant to be played solo, we aren't planning to make the experience points needed to level up as high as that of an adventurer. There will also be no death penalty, so you can just have a good time and get experience points.

Sentiencies Menu

Since I am sure many of you are curious as to how sentiencies will look in the UI, here are a couple of screenshots to illustrate how it will be:

As long as it's within the cost limit, you can customize your sentiencies as you like!
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Those lists are huge... I like! Looks like there is plenty of room for verity, and the time we have been waiting may have been well deserved!
    (0)

I'm very excited for this.

I should be able to play as Carbuncle QQ
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Monsters at the warp points

In the next Test Server update we will be making it so you cannot be attacked by monsters for a specific period of time after warping from the lobby area.
    It doesn't make sense to me that monsters will attack other monsters unprovoked, they never did that before, how would they know you aren't a 'normal' monster, from a immersion/lore/world standpoint?
    (4)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast