My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Ummm... RUN's 'paper bag physical defense'?
    My RUN has -47% PDT (-34% if I'm using Bereaver). Use the right food and you can have well over 700 def BEFORE cocoon or defender.
    The only reason people see RUN as having 'paper bag physical defense' is because they're gearing to DD.
    I'm not saying its unworkable but honestly it's biggest damage mitigating skills for the physical side of things is it's evasion and parrying if these actually were worth a damn I wouldn't mind its physical defense. Essentially the two skills i mentioned are meant to act as a equivalent to a PLD's shield ( a form of damage mitigation), except anything worth fighting will laugh at the evasion and parrying because they are so useless when fighting anything that is of much higher level than you.

So granted I understand as far as melee jobs are concerned its DEF isnt too bad but when it's supposed to be supplemented by things that don't work it just exacerbates the issue to the point that on the whole it leaves a lot to be desired.
    (10)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Easy fix... implement Great Swords w/ -MDT% traits that can only be equipped by RUN...w/ their parry skill maxed, this should assist in ways that help offset physical damage while at the same time bolstering the RUN's already heavy magic evasion/reduction abilities.
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Easy fix... implement Great Swords w/ -MDT% traits that can only be equipped by RUN...w/ their parry skill maxed, this should assist in ways that help offset physical damage while at the same time bolstering the RUN's already heavy magic evasion/reduction abilities.
    MDT isn't the only problem, PDT is, too. No job should be required to /BLU to fulfill it's role.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

*Yawn* Doesn't rambling on and on about what job is useless get old with you professional endgamers?

I've actually played the job, unlike you worthless theorycrafters from the forum that shall go unnamed, and see RUN as good in what it was DESIGNED to do: take magic damage that other jobs couldn't take and minimize any magical damage they might otherwise take.

Taking Physical Damage is mainly a Paladin thing. Magical Damage is Rune Fencer's calling card. Could RUN use some Job Traits and/or gear (beyond Dux Scale mail, of course) to make it more solid? I'd certainly take it, but don't come on these forums with dishonest comparisons in some attempt to foment more job discrimination than is already in this game.
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    *Yawn* Doesn't rambling on and on about what job is useless get old with you professional endgamers?

I've actually played the job, unlike you worthless theorycrafters from the forum that shall go unnamed, and see RUN as good in what it was DESIGNED to do: take magic damage that other jobs couldn't take and minimize any magical damage they might otherwise take.

Taking Physical Damage is mainly a Paladin thing. Magical Damage is Rune Fencer's calling card. Could RUN use some Job Traits and/or gear (beyond Dux Scale mail, of course) to make it more solid? I'd certainly take it, but don't come on these forums with dishonest comparisons in some attempt to foment more job discrimination than is already in this game.
    (7)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Magical Damage is Rune Fencer's calling card.
    So where are all the single element magical damage dealing no/minimal melee damage dealing mobs that would allow it to shine above even Aegis as the superior magical tank?

You could argue well the AF/Relic/Emp/Mythic/Merits are all missing but all of that will have to address the fact that when something casts multiple elemental damage types and deals high physical damage RUN's capabilities go to the OP's point of Aegis > RUN.
    (10)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Right now, RUN can happily tank level 99 content (Arch-ultima/omega etc). That's not bad considering we have no merits/AF/relic/empy gear, nor do we have a 'special weapon/grip/ammo' since we can't use shields.

Once we get merits/af/empy/relic gear, RUN should be able to tank adoulin content (if SE don't change their minds and give merits etc for DDing instead of tanking). But we shall see.

Tanking on RUN requires more thought than tanking on PLD, sure, but that doesn't mean that the job is bad.
    Not to pop your bubble Babekeke, but any job able to equip PDT/MDT can tank Arch-Omega/Ultima with a friendly WHM/SCH in the backline. OP is talking about content which currently is handled solely by Aegis/Ochain PLD. Delve NMs, Naakuals, Naakual megabosses etc. If RUN can't handle those equally well as PLD, then it can't be called a real tank. Looking at the damage output, it can't be called damage dealer either. A "wasted party slot" would fit the best. A very well geared PLD (supported by one-two healers) can hold all five NMs during Morimar plasm farm, for example. One of those NMs spams magic a lot. Other one has nasty breath attack. Can RUN do the same type of tanking? Can RUN tank Tojil? That's what bothers the OP.
    (11)
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Lets face it RUN cannot tank, and more importantly run is NOT being allowed to tank. Aegis Pld is better than run is almost every capacity. Aegis for Pld have a -45% mdt reduction against ALL elements not to mention a high block rate for physical attacks.
    That's level 95 aegis. Level 99 aegis gives -50% mdt, and it surpasses the normal 50% mdt cap to go as high as 87.5% reduction. This would only require the pld to wear 37.5% mdt in addition to aegis. Shell V gives 24% of this before any gear/merits which alter it, so roughly 13.5% MDT allows PLD to take 1/8 magic damage to all elements of damage all the time.

Now let's say instead that you're a rune fencer and you manage to get 1,000 fire resist. The most you can resist a fire attack down to is 1/8 normal damage, but you're completely vulnerable to the other elements, not to mention that no matter how much magic evasion you're rocking, the mob attacking you always has a small chance to hit you unresisted.

So yes, I mostly agree with the point you raise. True, Aegis is a relic and takes a serious investment to create, but MDT, MDB and m.eva are all supposed to be rune fencer's thing, so a fully decked-out rune fencer should trump a fully decked-out paladin. There are still many adjustments which need to be made, and it will take a long time to iron out the details. Next update will see AF gear and merits. Then who knows how long until relic/empy armor. Then who knows how long until some form of "ultimate" gear is released.
    (7)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    If you're talking about Aegis PLD's ability to withstand more damage, then you're correct. But I think what RUN brings to the table is the unique ability to both withstand a certain amount of magical damage, as well as dish out it's fair share. RUN (imo) has many more tricks to generate enmity than PLD. I think RUN isn't meant to be the sort of 18-person tank that PLD can be, but I think in 6-person content, RUN is a suitable tank that can also deal a fair share of damage.
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    What are you smoking vivi?
    (9)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast