Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

We want Chocobo updates and we want them now (or at least I do)!

There's a lot of content in this game that is more deader than a door nail but there's one bit of dead content that's always been close to my heart: Chocobo raising/racing. Maybe it's the cute chocobo chicks or the whole raising it as your own aspect but something about this has always made me crawl back for more in every Final Fantasy. The system has many outdated and pointless parts. A short list would contain things like:
    1. Needing to recharge your chocobo whistle.
    2. Huge time investment.
    3. Cookie cutter chocobos (I mean I know that there's different colors and body part sizes but honestly... who cares?).
    4. Rewards that are either nigh useless or only useful to someone raising/racing a chocobo (which is slightly paradoxical considering you would have already had to do this to get the items).
    5. A maxed out speed/endurance chocobo is no better than a rental chocobo.

This list could go on quite a bit further I'm sure. Though the fixes should be quite easy and I propose a second list of improvements I and hopefully you would like to see to chocobo's to hopefully draw more people into the content.
    1. Make the chocobo whistle an infinite enchantment item. I have to pour a ton of Gil into this bird to get him to be worth using in the field. Why should I have to pay more money to call him in the field. I know there's the coupon but even still since not many people do Hot 'n' Cold anymore they're a bit on the rare side.
    2. Chocobo costumes - I know FFXIV: ARR had something about these and honestly it looked fantastic
    3. Chocobo Inspired Armor - Sets of armor only obtainable through chocobo racing one for the four major archetypes in the game. Mage, Tank, Light and Ranged.
    (3)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Actually don't care about this myself but choco armor would be neat. Either way I don't see any new Choco stuff getting added.
    (0)

I could go for 1/1 on chocobo whistle.
    I think the reason for chocobo only going at max the same as a rental is because SE checks speed and if it's > than rental chcobo speed it's an autoban.

I would like to see the rewards for racing increased some.
    for a rank 1 race:
    1st: Gold trophy, 1,000,000 gil, & 160 chocobucks.
    2nd: Silver Trophy, 500,000 gil & 120 chocobucks.
    3rd: Bronze Trophy, 100,000 gil & 80 chocobucks.

Do that and make the lower rank races give increased gil but not nearly as much & I bet rank 1 will 99% be 8 player's chocobo's every time.

I would like to see those armor's have stats like rajas ring (2~5) emphasis on the '~' and be low level.
    mage armor for example:
    Body:
    DEF: 3~(+1/2lvl) MP: 1~(+1/lvl) INT&MND: 1~(+1/10lvl) MAB: 1~(+1/15lvl)
    lv. 1 WHM/BLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/BLU/PUP(can't forget that mage job)/SCH/GEO
    Not sure it's balanced. just wrote what I thought. basically should be good for someone leveling a new job but not quite as good as armor specific to that level.
    (1)

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Racing rewards at those numbers is just an inflationary gil-pump. There are definitely people whose chocobo can win nearly every Crystal Stakes, and there are enough of those people on some servers that you'd basically just be throwing out 12 million gil per day into the system. That may not seem like much in terms of 'how much gil players have' but when this number is 'gil added directly to circulation' it might start to cause issues (and it's really hard to trace for banning RMT chocobo raising folks).
    (0)

What's wrong with 12m gil between a whole server per day?
    that's less than what 6 fishers do & there's no cap on how many can do that.
    there's only 3 winners per crystal stakes per race. one per character per 24hrs & only a few copies of the race per day.

Doesn't matter how RMT gets their money, just get them when they go to sell it.
    (0)

Character
    Lastarael
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You brought up a point I've been concerned with for a long time.

Why, after spending so much time and money raising a chocobo with max speed and endurance, Gallop, and Canter, do they only equal the speed of a rental chocobo??? It's ridiculous. All that effort... to just match the speed of a regular rental. And, I've never heard of a hack that makes your chocobo faster than a rental. o.O

I also agree that the chocobo whistle should have 1/1 charges - after spending, again, all the time and money on our chocobos, we also have to spend more money just to call them? It makes no sense to me.

I, too, would like chocobo costume/armor, even just to wear around town. Cute! And, movement speed + anyone? ^^
    (2)