Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

RMT and the STF: What has been going on?

I've been reporting the same RMT people who started showing up at Tiamat recently as i know they been around spamming Dynamis with little to no upgrades in gear and not a single relic on any of the characters. I know each account is investigated closely but its obvious to almost everyone who the blatent RMTs are. They have names like "Saginaw" "Dohao" "Loydacp" ect which i believe are all chinese based names, and i've been playing for a decade now so i know how to discern RMTs from real players. We use to get monthly updates from the STF on what they been focusing in on, how many RMT accounts were banned, gil taken out of circulation. Now i don't even see a STF forum on here. So what has the STF been doing? I don't mean to sound to rude but do all reports go straight into the trash can/deleted? Idk how i can report RMTs for like 2 weeks and they still around when i know they been around waaaay longer then that. Did STF funds get cut back or what? Just doesn't seem like to me you care anymore, bar the 4 i mentioned theres alot more running rampant all over Asura and the other servers and i have seen the names for months, how do they go so long and get away with it? Id like to see the monthly STF reports make a come back so i at least know when i report RMT its not falling on deaf ears.
    (0)

Yeah, if you're a taiwanese player, you better have a relic, or you're definitely RMT.
    (6)

Player
    I was thinking about the same thing, I mean there are some people who just sell AC, not making weapons, especially right now since they are not top of the line anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    no replys after 24h @@ guess ill check again tomorrow
    (0)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    I see trains of gilsellers running through sandy lately all same avatar random names like jfjfjfk. So I'm pretty sure they are rmt. But then again I must look bad too some weeks as I make money by fishing for days and npcing what I catch.
    (1)

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    like i said, they constantly farm Dynamis and RMT gil from the currency. Just last night i spotted a few new ones i hadnt seen before, 1 was in Dyna Jeuno BST and THF just sac pulling NMs non stop with the Lv98 twilight BST over and over. Had the same LS on that all the RMT i see at tiamat and the ones that spam dyna bastok/quifim had on. The way they talk when i call them out on being gil sellers is in the same classic broken English as the ones that use to do HNM before most drops were made EX.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Actually, the STF is probably one of the most hardworking/consistent sections of FFXI's service even after all these years, they just don't ever bother making public announcements about it, whereas development feels that the playerbase will do the wave when we find out that an NPC's position has changed or they fixed a 5-year-old NM nobody fights anymore, etc.

Their activity has notably decreased since about 2010 or so, but I get the feeling that this game is a lot less popular for RMTs than it was in the past. Newer MMOs probably get more business.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kincard; 05-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Actually, the STF is probably one of the most hardworking/consistent sections of FFXI's service even after all these years, they just don't ever bother making public announcements about it, whereas development feels that the playerbase will do the wave when we find out that an NPC's position has changed or they fixed a 5-year-old NM nobody fights anymore, etc.

Their activity has notably decreased since about 2010 or so, but I get the feeling that this game is a lot less popular for RMTs than it was in the past. Newer MMOs probably get more business.
    One of the few good things of the blinker fountain fiasco, it gave players the ability to print their own money unpunished and faster then RMT could discount their stockpiles.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Natenn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post

don't know how i can report rmt for 2 weeks+ then and nothing has happened.
    (0)

Maybe they haven't actually sold their gil yet, just stockpiling it.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast