Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273

    Is it just me, or does noone understand March???

    As I understand it (according to info found on BG), March +1 add ~1.6% haste (16/1024) and base march caps at 9.5% for victory march.

    Therefore, the average bard should have at least March +3, Either from Langeleik, or Aoidos' Manchettes +2 and Iron Ram Horn/Fairie Piccolo, or even G Horn, or a combination that takes them to +4 or +5.

    Based on this, March +3 gives 14% Haste and obviously +4/5 give more.

    Now, magic haste caps at 43%, enhancing magic haste is 15%, so to cap magic haste we need 28% from march.

    Soul Voice doubles the potency of March, so victory march with march +3 gives 28% haste, and thus capping magic haste along with haste spell.

    Based on this information, why the f**k do people keep asking for SV march x2?!?!?!?!

    Have I missed something, or is everyone else mis-informed?
    (2)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 05-27-2013 at 05:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Player Raksha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I dont know anything about soul voice, but it may be the case that SV is just doubling the base potency, then gear gets added after that.

    So if base potency is 9.5% (your number) that gets doubled to 19%, then gear adds its 4.5% (your number again) for a total of 23.5%.

    So that'd be a little shy of the requirement assuming all of your numbers are correct.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

    LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

  3. #3
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No, it's more that people don't like to change things up out of ignorance. Although mages these days are also pretty bad about keeping Haste up so there's that added advantage too.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Basically what Detlef said, mages do not keep Haste on all to well, and double marches cover up that potential flaw, not only that but so far as offensive songs go there are only so many, most of the parties I go in for Adoulin stuff right now have 3 BRDs, that covers both Accuracy Songs, both Marches, and 2 Attack Songs, unless someone can give more in which case its just a bit more Attack, so a wasted song on March is not all to bad anyways.
    (0)