Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: unlocking WSs

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah add MAB on to your UB calcs and stop trolling me. 100+ MAB isn't hard to accumulate so double that damage at very least.

Also add in that it scales with TP, unlike WF or Sang or most current WSs for that matter.

I get that you're attached to your Almace, but your Almace does nothing to make RDM any good. What possible world could a RDM with only 80 inventory spaces possibly be well equipped for a WS that was clearly not made for it?

@ Demon: Occult Accumen. I've said it like 20 times. Fixes our TP problem so long as we get more than level 2 of it. Easy Fix.

Better TP phase damage is a combination of nukes and better enspells.

But hey keep asking for light DD gear instead of making your job it's own entity. Just find what other jobs you like and just copy them.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    But hey keep asking for light DD gear instead of making your job it's own entity. Just find what other jobs you like and just copy them.
    See I like how you keep acting like I am just trying to make us BLU or something, your talking about me taking something I like on other jobs and copying it, are you telling me your solution, Occult Accumen, is something new and unique? No, something you took from another job and saw a use here, your not doing much different, its just my suggestion makes us more melee efficient and you want to try reinventing how magic works in this game so we can fight better.

Even if they did it, say we had T5, you would need 4 T4s and a T3 in order to get 100% for a single WS, killing our MP and depending on the actual damage potential of magic on the mob we could end up doing even less. So with your idea, even if we had T5, the highest current level, we would be doing potentially less damage and killing our MP vital to almost everything our job would be doing since you do not want better TP gear to actually hit things. Also keep in mind that unless something changes with Occult Accumen, we will need even more spells after the Elemental Magic changes because we would gain less TP for the lower MP costs we will have.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    *Slams head on desk*

It doesn't scale that way. No where close. Unless your drinking a brew UB is FAR behind both CDC and Req.

Really ... don't know what else to say. I can prove that 1+1=2 but if your absolutely positive that it equals 3 then there's nothing else to this discussion.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    so i am comparing max DEX for CDC (using excalibur) vs espial set. with max DEX on armor (not including accessories) i have 136 DEX on those 5 slots. with espial set it is 102 DEX + 10% crit rate. so which is better? 102 DEX + 10% crit rate.... or 136 DEX?
    (0)

Player
    Since RDM isn't able to really boost Crit Rate like other jobs our Crit Rate on anything difficult at all is probably not going much higher than 25~50% Crit Rate between base, merits, and the WS itself. Assuming you're at 100% TP while using Rancors you're looking at a 30% Crit Rate which means 10% Crit DMG becomes equal to 3% DMG, is 34 DEX equal to roughly 3% DMG? I would honestly think so because not only is it a mod but helps our Crit Rate as well anyways, but I can't say for sure unless I go update Motenten's sheet for RDM since it's fallen behind.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The 10% crit damage set bonus on espial was found to actually be +10% Crit RATE. iirc, SE acknowledged the issue, but hasn't fixed the item description yet. So you'll need to be comparing 10% crit rate to 34 dex, like Protey was asking.

EDIT:I'd thought I had seen the espial set issue in a knows issues note in one of the updates, but I can't seem to find it again. Well, there's a thread about it in the localization forum. But there wasn't an SE reply there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Martel; 04-06-2014 at 08:13 AM.

Player
    Oh~... well then, totally different, still don't know which is better but it may be situational based in that case because depending on that 34 DEX's influence on the crit rate we could get more or less, and either way the DMG factor... I really hate the idea of updating that sheet, but looks like I'm going to have to break down and do it after this upcoming update, after I do I'll get back to ya on the answer if I remember.
    (0)

Player
    thanks, would appreciate it.
    (0)

Player
    Ok, so, been a while sadly but the good news is that high DEX amounts will beat out the Crit Rate on Espial. If you're adding only DEX and nothing else, 25ish DEX more than Espial is the tipping point between full Espial and DEX stacking. Thanks to Aetosaur/+1, Vanir Boots, and a number of other high DEX pieces it's entirely reasonable for RDM to pull this off especially when you include our Reforged Legs with their 12 DEX we can't get in any other slot.

So, verdict is in Protey, do your DEX set!
    (1)

Player
    thanks demonjustin, will go with that.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3