Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: unlocking WSs

  1. #11
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That's exactly what I said. Excal is where it's at because we lack the gear to take full advantage of Almace. They ~could~ change but I doubt it. Will have to re-examine after the dust settles.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  2. #12
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Exactly, all I was trying to point out before was that for now, it looks like with what we have currently that after the RME update Excalibur will still be on top, and will be spamming CDC instead of KoR or Req.
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So you guys just circle jerked over how RDM can remain unimpressive with subpar WSs on Sword instead of looking to the only good Sword WS that RDM could use to push it out of it's rut. Good to know.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  4. #14
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    So you guys just circle jerked over how RDM can remain unimpressive with subpar WSs on Sword instead of looking to the only good Sword WS that RDM could use to push it out of it's rut. Good to know.
    If by subpar you mean the WS we have no gear for really and yet it beats all other WSs we have access to because they are all made weaker than it, then yes. We do not have the gear for CDC and yet it still beats out KoR, DB, and Req, with Req only making a come back when our attack is to low compared to the mobs defense, then it changes to Req's advantage, but otherwise the WSs are just to weak to win even against our pathetically geared CDC, and that alone should speak numbers about Sword WSs.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So once again, we have a lot of which stats again? STR MND and MAB.

    Stats we don't have. Attack and DEX.

    So what again should we be looking for as a solution so that we can be the best at using? A magic attack bonus based WS that is has mods based on STR/MND and scales with TP. That's called Uriel Blade.

    It's like Wildfire, but for Swords and it's inclusion wouldn't destabilize the game unless SE couldn't figure out that RDM and BLU would be the best at using it and balance it off those two jobs.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  6. #16
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Uriel Blade.
    I forgot where in this thread it was brought up by anyone except you, because its not on topic. This entire thread was about the best WS for Excalibur after the adjustment and CDC is unlocked. You insist on continuing on about a WS not even relevant to this because SE has never unlocked or stated they would unlock any Campaign WSs so far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, then your posts hold no relevance to this topic besides complaining that a WS we can not utilize well is actually going to end up being our best. Incase you forgot, they did say we would be able to use CDC with all weapons via the coin weapons, if so, base your posts of this fact and not simply saying we "circle jerked over how RDM can remain unimpressive with subpar WSs on Sword" when all you are talking about is the only WS which beats this one and at the same time has never been said by SE that we could unlock it with other weapons.
    (2)

  7. #17
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I forgot where in this thread it was brought up by anyone except you, because its not on topic. This entire thread was about the best WS for Excalibur after the adjustment and CDC is unlocked. You insist on continuing on about a WS not even relevant to this because SE has never unlocked or stated they would unlock any Campaign WSs so far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not wrong, then your posts hold no relevance to this topic besides complaining that a WS we can not utilize well is actually going to end up being our best. Incase you forgot, they did say we would be able to use CDC with all weapons via the coin weapons, if so, base your posts of this fact and not simply saying we "circle jerked over how RDM can remain unimpressive with subpar WSs on Sword" when all you are talking about is the only WS which beats this one and at the same time has never been said by SE that we could unlock it with other weapons.
    You're wrong because you're still focusing on how RDM can be subpar. The topic doesn't belong in the RDM forums unless it was titled, "how can RDM continue to not thrive in the current incarnation of the game by focusing on it weaknesses". And then it should have been locked because it was a troll.

    Channeling our mage gear into high powered WSs makes sense. Not getting over the fact that we aren't BLU or RUN or a light DD is getting pretty old. The idea that a RDM can contribute with physical WSs without the WSs themselves being broken ala CDC in Aby, is getting pretty old. The more you keep these stupid discussions up, the more wrong and irrelevant you make RDM forums become and the stupider you make RDMs look in general.

    RDM is a mage, so it should have a mage WS. Especially if we are going to be on nothing but mage gear. Instead of prattling on about being on light DD gear (which you won't get), you could be asking for something that would easily compliment the direction the game is going, in general, and specifically where all of RDMs gear has gone for the last 3+ years.

    If you're going to insist on taking RDM melee seriously, you could at least sound like a RDM instead of a light DD.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  8. #18
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    You're wrong because you're still focusing on how RDM can be subpar. The topic doesn't belong in the RDM forums unless it was titled, "how can RDM continue to not thrive in the current incarnation of the game by focusing on it weaknesses". And then it should have been locked because it was a troll.
    Read the OP, tell me when he brought up any WS besides CDC and KoR, be my guest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    so with this talk of unlocking WoE weaponskills and raising R/E/Ms, what do you guys think of using Chant du Cygne on Excalibur? or would you just stick with KoR?
    So this topic has what to do with me, focusing on 'how RDM can be subpar' and why this does not belong in the RDM forums?

    If you're going to insist on taking RDM melee seriously, you could at least sound like a RDM instead of a light DD.
    When my Fast Cast makes my TP go up faster let me know, till that day, the mage and melee parts of the job are separated, and without gear to enhance the melee side we can have the best WS ever and our white damage will still suck enough to make us to weak still. You make it sound like our mage stats effect us, or if they let us use this WS it would change our melee amazingly, no, it would make us stronger and let us use some more mage stats in our gear for our melee, yes, but it would only do it for WS. TPing would still suck, our biggest more glaring flaw is our TP above everything else, and that's the one thing that you never offer a solution for, only light DD gear would be a solution because mage gear at most gets 1 melee worthy piece every set which is pathetic for RDM.
    (1)

  9. #19
    Player Muse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64
    Character
    Thenomadgrey
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    *tosses his Chapeau into the mix*

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Channeling our mage gear into high powered WSs makes sense. Not getting over the fact that we aren't BLU or RUN or a light DD is getting pretty old. The idea that a RDM can contribute with physical WSs without the WSs themselves being broken ala CDC in Aby, is getting pretty old.
    RDM is a Hybrid, and not strictly a mage. The only reason it went pure mage is because of SE removing the old system for the armor and slapping us on mage onry. Maybe you missed that? Maybe not. Also remember that those other jobs you listed are ALSO on most mage and light DD gear.

    RDM's can contribute with Physical WS's and still do. Hell I do it all the time with my current LS. It always gives me a good laugh when I bust out some decent (not great) numbers with KoR. I've actually outparsed DD's before too.


    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    RDM is a mage, so it should have a mage WS. Especially if we are going to be on nothing but mage gear.
    There is a WS that uses STR and MND and... oh MAB... RDM isn't on it though unless you use certain SJ's to unlock it. It's called Sanguine Blade. There was a thread about it a while back as RDM's were asking for some of the WS's to be unlocked to them. Don't recall if the DEV's replied to it or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Uriel Blade
    Won't happen... Ochain PLD's are the reason this won't happen along with the other campagin sword WS. Just because it would end up with them doing AoE Flash/Stun spamming mobs.




    Back onto the topic of Excalibur using CDC...


    I'm intrigued by this idea and think it would indeed boost Excalibur RDM's some. Whether or not it would increase our actual DPS would be hard to tell until the actual WS was released onto other weapons, along with the true stats of the new 99 REM's.

    The only reason I say it would be hard to tell is because we just don't know, even with the DPS calcs, EXACTLY the WS will work 100% of the time on a different weapon. With CDC on Excal we would lose the DEX+ from Almace, yet gain ATT+ and a permanent x2.5 damage boost. Yes, I know the weapon does not proc all the time etc. Just saying that we wouldn't be restricted to keeping aftermath up if we needed to use another ws for something.
    (1)
    Last edited by Muse; 06-10-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.
    If this is true, then why does every mage enfeeble the same as RDM?

  10. #20
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    So once again, we have a lot of which stats again? STR MND and MAB.

    Stats we don't have. Attack and DEX.

    So what again should we be looking for as a solution so that we can be the best at using? A magic attack bonus based WS that is has mods based on STR/MND and scales with TP. That's called Uriel Blade.

    It's like Wildfire, but for Swords and it's inclusion wouldn't destabilize the game unless SE couldn't figure out that RDM and BLU would be the best at using it and balance it off those two jobs.
    Did you fall down and hit your head or something? Or are you going full blown pchan here?

    You do know that Uriel Blade sucks hard core right? Magic WS in general suck with WF only being an exception due to SE giving it a unique damage formula and it not relying on main hand weapons.

    Damage = (( Lv+2+WSC ) * fTP + fINT ) * Resist * Elemental Staves * Weather * MDIF * Magic Damage Adjustment

    See that Elemental Staves part, yeah that's where they really abuse the damage on. WF also use's AGI instead of INT for it's fINT component while also getting to multiply the result by 2, so the RNG/COR gets to double dip by stacking AGI for WSC and for the fINT bonus.

    Your base "DMG" value is limited to your level and not your weapon. Also it can't be buffed via attack or defense down (Dia III is a +17.6% attack bonus mathematically).

    UB on the other hand has a nice fTP bonus but it's mods are too low and neither apply to it's fINT formula. It also doesn't get the x2 bonus that Sang Blade, WF and PR get.

    Anyhow if your stacking MND and STR you might as well go with Req which sh1ts all over UB even with the attack penalty. A 5+1 hit WS with a 1.2 fTP per hit gives you a 7.2 fTP WS before DA is counted. 100% MND, 7.2 fTP non-elemental magic damage that use's a physical formula. The -20% attack penalty is it's only problem, it cripples it vs critical hit WS's on things that actually matter. CDC on the other hand is a 3+1 hit WS for a total fTP of 5.25, 60% DEX WSC and can crit. It's nice because DEX effects crit hit rate so it becomes similar to STR based WS's that get to use their STR for the fSTR bonus.

    So Req: 7.2 fTP 100% MND -20% Attack (18.75% in WS gear)
    CDC: 5.25fTP 60% DEX Crit
    UB: 4.5 (4.875 in WS gear) fTP 32% MND 32% STR magic based

    BTW RDM will always have a good amount of DA due to Temper being +20%. That favors physical WS greatly.

    Yeah it's a no brainer that CDC and Req absolutely crush it. Hell I'd want to have Sang Blade over UB, at least Sang has a utility function.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast