Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    The RME gear should always be relevant at all stages. The only thing this topic is asking for is that those lower stages get rebalanced so that they grow towards the 99 stages in a steady fashion not just jump at the final stage 99. Disagree? What the developers did was wrong and it does upset players that's why there was an rage out bust. Unfortunitly, only a small percentage of these fanatical (focused) players where given the chance to keep their RME investments with the lopsided announcement to give RME weapons one final upgrade.

Lets hear you spin this some more, clearly you only see this in one perspective. That's okay though because you won't be missed either.
    Here's my "spin":

Relic and Mythic weapons at 75 are great for taking on 75 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and to a lesser extent Empyrean weapons are great for taking on level 80 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 85 are great for taking on level 85 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 90 are great for taking on level 90 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 95 are great for taking on level 95 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 99 are great for taking on level 99 content.

Now there's a problem and that is essentially SE doesn't want us to go past level 99 (supposedly because of ascetic issues), so instead of us going past level 99 our new level 99 gear and content is actually higher than 99 (post about levels above 99). This means Delve (non final boss) weapons that read "Lv. 99" are actually supposed to be Lv. 113 or 114 depending on how you read that list. This issue here is now the Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 99 which are supposed to be the "best" weapons are no longer the best as they haven't been updated like in the past.

So how do the 75 to 95 versions need to be updated if they are still great at taking on content they were designed to take on?
    (3)
    Last edited by Zagen; 06-08-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Character
    Kynikos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Here's my "spin":

Relic, Mythic, and to a lesser extent Empyrean weapons are great for taking on level 80 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 85 are great for taking on level 85 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 90 are great for taking on level 90 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 95 are great for taking on level 95 content.
    Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 99 are great for taking on level 99 content.

Now there's a problem and that is essentially SE doesn't want us to go past level 99 (supposedly because of ascetic issues), so instead of us going past level 99 our new level 99 gear and content is actually higher than 99 (post about levels above 99). This means Delve (non final boss) weapons that read "Lv. 99" are actually supposed to be Lv. 113 or 114 depending on how you read that list. This issue here is now the Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons at 99 which are supposed to be the "best" weapons are no longer the best as they haven't been updated like in the past.

So how do the 75 to 95 versions need to be updated if they are still great at taking on content they were designed to take on?
    The problem isn't the damage rating on pre-99 relic/empy/mythics, its the inability to complete them in the first place. This is worst for empy weapons, since it's impossible to solo voidwatch NMs reliably. Major adjustments are required to these weapons, but perhaps not to increase the damage ratings, instead it would be better to simply make it possible for people to progress through the pre-99 trials again by reigniting interest in old content.

I believe most people haven't yet noticed how badly broken this game is since seekers yet, but it completely killed one of final fantasy XIs greatest strengths, a huge wealth of mostly relevant horizontal content and instead, focused attention onto a handful of new content events that have extremely powerful rewards. I still have no idea what SE were thinking, frankly.
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonviper View Post
    The problem isn't the damage rating on pre-99 relic/empy/mythics, its the inability to complete them in the first place. This is worst for empy weapons, since it's impossible to solo voidwatch NMs reliably. Major adjustments are required to these weapons, but perhaps not to increase the damage ratings, instead it would be better to simply make it possible for people to progress through the pre-99 trials again by reigniting interest in old content.

I believe most people haven't yet noticed how badly broken this game is since seekers yet, but it completely killed one of final fantasy XIs greatest strengths, a huge wealth of mostly relevant horizontal content and instead, focused attention onto a handful of new content events that have extremely powerful rewards. I still have no idea what SE were thinking, frankly.
    I agree that the issue is in how accessible it is to complete up to 99 in the case of Emps, to a lesser extent for Relics and Mythics as well. Changing the damage/effects on pre 99 R/E/M doesn't solve that issue. Changing what drops X,Y,Z in old content does, I mean using Emps for example; what if HMPs dropped from Tier IV city bosses (with decent drop rates of course). That would appeal to profit seekers, people who haven't cleared the city paths yet, as well as to the people who're still trying to get X item from those NMs.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Here's my "spin":

Now there's a problem and that is essentially SE doesn't want us to go past level 99 (supposedly because of ascetic issues)

This is one huge mistake here. Dispute them being created for older content as new content pushes ahead these gears and the OLD content gets shoved out the door. The game moves forward the diversity is channeled toward ONLY new content. This stagnates old content and belittles returning players. It also reduces the possibility of new players having access to old content and casuals from enjoying their playstyle. Who the Flip wants to do old missions or anymore. The entertainment value is being lost for a large population of players. You might not see it but SE should be seeing the results now. Why did Wadda really resign?

One direction for players Humpt, It's the shortsidedness that disturbs the game in such a way that only the UP TO DATE players with a LOT of FREE TIME and FOCUS that can enjoy the content. The way it is now it's focusing on one tunnel vision. There is nothing for the all groups of players to enjoy. So what if RMES get upgraded it gives players the options to choose what gear they like and extend on that system. THey broke it with SoA by making that gear a waste of time to finish.

I think most people are argent. They fail to notice people pay for this game. If the developers want it to remain interesting and keep subscribers coming back DIVERSITY is the key. Their direction may not be how everyone enjoys the content. It's more or less making more players jump through hoops to play the way THEY want you to. The hardcore don't care they can adapt because of resources the. Casuals just quit and the game becomes stagnant until a new farce is added. Is this the legacy you want that leads this MMO to it's death? That's exactly where it's headed if the they continue making the game less attractive to a broad audience.

I tell you what get five friends to join this game and see how long they last. I'm not talking hand them gear PL them or help them out in any way. I bet most or all of them will quit in a few months. This is one reason the game is dieing. It's because content isn't fun anymore for everyone. The developers also refuse to adjust old content to keep up. The players who are new or don't play much are screwed.

Again, SO what if the RMES was designed for older content. The game has gear growth now so special content should always have a place to grow with the new content. Currently the game has a lot totalitarianism in it's basic design you're forced into new content even if it sucks. It's seriously not good if limitations are created that make one or more groups less attracted to this game. Smart people don't like it when they realize this and stupid people don't figure it out.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-08-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is one huge mistake here. Dispute them being created for older content as new content pushes ahead these gears and the OLD content gets shoved out the door. The game moves forward the diversity is channeled toward ONLY new content. This stagnates old content and belittles returning players. It also reduces the possibility of new players having access to old content and casuals from enjoying their playstyle. Who the Flip wants to do old missions or anymore. The entertainment value is being lost for a large population of players. You might not see it but SE should be seeing the results now. Why did Wadda really resign?

One direction for players Humpt, It's the shortsidedness that disturbs the game in such a way that only the UP TO DATE players with a LOT of FREE TIME and FOCUS that can enjoy the content. The way it is now it's focusing on one tunnel vision. There is nothing for the all groups of players to enjoy. So what if RMES get upgraded it gives players the options to choose what gear they like and extend on that system. THey broke it with SoA by making that gear a waste of time to finish.

I think most people are to argent to notice people pay for this game. If the developers want it to remain interesting DIVERSITY is the key. Their direction may not be how everyone enjoys the content. It's more or less making more players jump through hoops to play the way THEY want you to. The hardcore don't care they can adapt because of resources the. Casuals just quit and the game becomes stagnent until a new farce is added. Is this the legacy you want that leads this MMO to it's death? That's exactly where it's headed if the they continue making the game less attractive to a broad audience.

I tell you what get five friends to join this game and see how long they last. I'm not talking hand them gear PL them or help them out in any way. I bet most or all of them will quit in a few months. This is one reason the game is dieing. It's because content isn't fun anymore for everyone. The developers also refuse to adjust old content to keep up. The players who are new or don't play much are screwed.

Again, SO what if the RMES was designed for older content. The game has gear growth now so special content should always have a place to grow with the new content. Currently the game has a lot totalitarianism in it's basic design you're forced into new content even if it sucks. It's seriously not good if limitations are created that make one or more groups less attracted to this game. Smart people don't like it when they realize this and stupid people don't figure it out.
    I'd buy this sort of thinking if I saw 0 shouts for VW (more diversity would be nice), Emp Armor +1/+2 farming, Emp Weapon 85/95 item farming, Old/New Nyzul, Assualts, Limbus (granted boss items/runs). The list goes on the point is old content is still alive and kicking, not as much as it was when it was new but that's a given people who have gotten stuff from X event move on to Y that happens all the time unless there's nothing new for a long time otherwise they just move on to another game.

You're trying to encourage ways to bypass a lot of the old content not encourage revitalizing it so I'm not sure how exactly you're planning on players being able to "enjoy the content".
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that the issue is in how accessible it is to complete up to 99 in the case of Emps, to a lesser extent for Relics and Mythics as well. Changing the damage/effects on pre 99 R/E/M doesn't solve that issue. Changing what drops X,Y,Z in old content does, I mean using Emps for example; what if HMPs dropped from Tier IV city bosses (with decent drop rates of course). That would appeal to profit seekers, people who haven't cleared the city paths yet, as well as to the people who're still trying to get X item from those NMs.
    I partially disagree with this. I agree with making them easier to complete if the case is players can't complete them because new content stagnated the ability to grow the weapons. However there is want big flaw that is these weapons are CRAP compared new NQ AH content until they reach the final stages. This makes the long duration to finish them less attractive. If their growth below 99 isn't progressive enough into the final stages they just aren't worth upgrading unless someone enjoys making them. It's simple you can bet BETTER AH gear for less effort. This is BACKWARDS thinking game design. It punishes people who did accomplish any form of RME under 99. You know the 99% according to the census.

I assure you the developers did this knowing it was a slap in the face to anyone who had 85-95 RME weapons. It's distasteful. I'm sure they think that this strategy makes money but in reality it doesn't. The SoA expansion screwed a lot of RME weapons according to the census, but that doesn't matter does it. /sigh the game has been ruined for a lot of players and you you don't care because your biased.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-08-2013 at 04:37 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd buy this sort of thinking if I saw 0 shouts for VW (more diversity would be nice), Emp Armor +1/+2 farming, Emp Weapon 85/95 item farming, Old/New Nyzul, Assualts, Limbus (granted boss items/runs). The list goes on the point is old content is still alive and kicking, not as much as it was when it was new but that's a given people who have gotten stuff from X event move on to Y that happens all the time unless there's nothing new for a long time otherwise they just move on to another game.

You're trying to encourage ways to bypass a lot of the old content not encourage revitalizing it so I'm not sure how exactly you're planning on players being able to "enjoy the content".
    Most of these players are looking to make a quick buck off the farmed items so they can sell them. Look at dynamis currency.

As I stated before.

"It's the shortsidedness that disturbs the game in such a way that only the UP TO DATE players with a LOT of FREE TIME and FOCUS that can enjoy the content."

It's simple make more old content paths that improve on old content. This way it competes with new content and diversifies the player base. Right now they're working only on new content and abandoning what worked in old content. If new content was added to old content that made paths compatible to new content then no one could complain. IE: adding a delve level enemy into abbsyea, sky or sea like they did with VW, dynamis sky etc. << that was how to do it.

Right now you want delve level equipment you need to play that content. There are no alternatives even if the new added paths create levels comparable scaled versions or casual development paths inside old content. It's just not there because old content isn't moving forward to create diversity. Everyone is being thrown into SoA or bust.

Look at it like this, Microsoft tried the same thing with windows 8. You see where it got them? They started losing audience. Eventually it clicked that people wanted their start menus back do their started work on windows blue 8.1. It seems they haven't learned much the hate for Xbox one anti-consumer direction is well documented.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-10-2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: I mispelled Microsoft LOL!

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Most of these players are looking to make a quick buck off the farmed items so they can sell them. Look at dynamis currency.
    Farmed items? How the hell does shouting for people to help/participate with Old/New Nyzul, Emp +1/2, VW clears (yeah you could get lucky on that 1 round but that's not why most are going), Emp weapon items profit the shouter? It doesn't. I get that shouting for certain VW fights could be for profit but it could also be for personal gain. In either case who cares? That gil seeker is 1 more person helping you do old content.

It's simple make more old content paths that improve on old content. This way it competes with new content and diversifies the player base. Right now they're working only on new content and abandoning what worked in old content. If new content was added to old content that made paths compatible to new content then no one could complain. IE: adding a delve level enemy into abbsyea, sky or sea like they did with VW, dynamis sky etc. << that was how to do it
    Nice idea except it has 0 to do with updating 75-95 R/E/M. I wouldn't mind expanding on old content as long as it has a story behind it instead of just "here's 2.0 with monsters you've seen before".

Right now you want delve level equipment you need to play that content. There are no alternatives even if the new added paths create levels comparable scaled versions or casual development paths inside old content. It's just not there because old content isn't moving forward to create diversity. Everyone is being thrown into SoA or bust.
    Okay so if you want delve gear you have to do delve... I want Salvage 2 gear so I'm doing Salvage 2... What exactly am I missing? Maybe I'm missing the fact you think everyone wants delve gear and only delve gear. If that were actually true the only shouts I'd see were for delve yet I see shouts for other content.

Look at it like this, Miscrosoft tried the same thing with windows 8. You see where it got them? They started losing audience. Eventually it clicked that people wanted their start menus back do their started work on windows blue 8.1. It seems they haven't learned much the hate for Xbox one anti-consumer direction is well documented.
    Yeah the start button is why people didn't like windows 8... Might want to actually look into the technical issues with 8 because there are many more reasons that have a bigger impact on PC users before you even have to worry about "where's my start button".
    (1)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nice idea except it has 0 to do with updating 75-95 R/E/M. I wouldn't mind expanding on old content as long as it has a story behind it instead of just "here's 2.0 with monsters you've seen before".
    That's where the the problem is and it does fit in with upgrading RMEs. If content is available for it then items can be upgraded there. The limits are there because the direction is set in arrogance that makes blind players follow a narrow path. There are a few that do stray but not many have the capacity to enjoy the plate of spinach the host is trying to make them eat. To some eating spinach would be considered a punishment that's exactly why things are broken.

The shallow views of what could be and that majority don't seem think in a broad perspective. It's the same vision that clouds the developers. I've explained a few things already multiple times as have others. Most players can't grasp the concepts I laid out because either no one wants to listen to reason or it's beyond their understanding. It's like trying to explain moral decency to a mass murderer. I'm very sorry, I had to say that but that's the jest of most of these spin arguments.

People aren't the same and every gamer plays differently especially on a large MMO. If you and/or the developers can't understand these differences it will eat away until nothing is left. It's like a car manufacture that decides all cars from this point on only come in black. The customer can suffer buying the black version, repaint the black version another color after they buy it or choose another manufacturer.

Yeah the start button is why people didn't like windows 8... Might want to actually look into the technical issues with 8 because there are many more reasons that have a bigger impact on PC users before you even have to worry about "where's my start button".
    Still, this was one of the factors that hurt productivity in businesses. Software wise most of these issues where caused by incompatibilities with the new interface and API changes. The point I was trying to make isn't the exact reason for the issues it's the fact that the company didn't see what was wrong until it started hurting them enough. That's the whole point. If you look at the news on Xbox One they still haven't learned their lesson. The reviews and gamer hate is turning customers away from them. This is why it's important to think ahead and consider WHAT IF.

Read this quote it's explains some of what I've been saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    Then they released Abyssea and the entire game changed in a short amount of time, everyone got used to this new way of playing. You could shout for people and do content that was genuinly fun instead of punbishing and you didn't get left out if you weren't in the specific linkshells. You didn't have to get DKP and you didn't have to keep doing the content for years after getting your gear to get the rest of your group theirs, guilt trips were a thing of the past.

They saw people liked it but they saw that people ate through that content a lot faster, so they decided to go back to the old ways and ignore what people found enjoyable.

The player numbers are around half what they were from Abyssea times and this is just after a new expansion. Biggest problem with SE is simply that they don't ever learn from their mistakes and they will stubbornly stick with what isn't working, even if it kills the game. I guess they don't really mind that anyway anymore because they want us all to move to the horror of WoWish XIV anyway.
    For the sake of argument WHAT IF the developers went back to what attracted the most players and there was a surge of popularity? I'm not talking about this farce of a new expansion. Would it really be so bad if people are F'n happy doing what they enjoy instead of what another envisions? Maybe some have already come to the conclusion that this game is dead and nothing will save its future. Two words "TUNNEL VISION" it's a cancer that can destroy anything.

I'm sick of hearing from apologist despite the glaring flaws. Some of these players lack the understanding to see the facts or could simply be shills who've over invested their lives into this MMO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-10-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Still, this was one of the factors that hurt productivity in businesses.
    I gotta call BS on this. Anyone who uses a computer for work spends 99.99% of their time in desktop apps and files that can be pinned to the task bar. Anyone who spends more than about 10 seconds a day looking at the start menu or start screen is doing their job wrong and either needs to be retrained or replaced.

Home users who don't know what they're doing have a (somewhat) legitimate gripe about it. But again, the old start menu did nothing but launch apps etc., so the only legitimate reason to be in that menu for more than a couple seconds out of the day is if you are actually using the live tiles (which did not exist in the old menu).

As far as the actual "Start Button" - People complained incessantly about it back when they originally added it. Tech pundits had a field day with the irony of having to hit the "Start Button" in order to turn off the computer. These are people who are terrified of change and will complain any time you change anything. I mean seriously. Not only is it still in the same spot that it has been for the last 15 years, but there is now a dedicated button on almost every keyboard for it. Even a monkey could find it by simply mashing away at the keyboard.

There are plenty of legitimate issues with windows 8 (and every other OS ever invented for that matter) but these do not fall in that category. Sometimes people just complain to complain and I'm glad MS only met them half way by adding the button back, but still linking it to the "Metro" start screen. People will have a much better experience if they learn to use jump lists and pin things.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 06-10-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast