Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    The game has moved on, your old gear can't stay good forever, if it does, there is no reason to play new content. Let the game move forward.
    If you had said best, I might of agreed with you. There is no reason major investment items can not remain good, or even great. As to there being no reason to do new content if it does remain good, people do not always do content for loot, Monstrosity is a very good current example of that. Plus I would rather have a plethora of old content to do that is still meaningful than a tiny bit of new content being the only driving force of a MMO.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    If you had said best, I might of agreed with you. There is no reason major investment items can not remain good, or even great. As to there being no reason to do new content if it does remain good, people do not always do content for loot, Monstrosity is a very good current example of that. Plus I would rather have a plethora of old content to do that is still meaningful than a tiny bit of new content being the only driving force of a MMO.
    IKR? Remember when Dynamis, Sky, Sea, Limbus, Einherjar, Znm, HNM and salvage were all popular at the same time? That was cool.
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    As someone who has 4 level 85 Empyrean weapons, I was also upset that if I wanted to continue to use these with any sort of efficacy, I would have to 99 them. I don't think the below 99 should get boosted as another user pointed out, they are still best in class for level 85 weapons by far. I get that.

Relics, to be honest, are extremely easy now to get to 99. Marrow prices are falling to under 8M on our server, and I was able to solo Dynamis Lord on Rune Fencer with the AF gear, so I imagine small parties will be able to handle ADL with ease now.

The biggest challenge I see is with regard to Empyreans. As VW drops become less and less desirable, we are seeing less and less people doing any VW. And while it's now easy to low-man Uptala or Qilin, it's not easy to land procs in a reasonable amount of time with a small group.

I say do 1 of 3 things for HMP/Dross/Cinder-
    -Lower the requirement for the trials
    -Increase the drop rate
    -Adjust VW so that treasure hunter increases likelyhood of magian trial materials to drop (outside of standard procs)

I'm all about making legendary weapon requirements challenging, but the window of realistically being able to even complete the trials for Empyrean weapons is closing fast.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't do much Voidwatch. How are the drop rates on heavy metal plates, riftdross, and riftcinder? I think that if at least 1 of each was a guaranteed drop from whatever mob drops them, it'd be fair. You'd still need a lot of these fights to finish the upgrade and meet server wide demand, but demand wouldn't be nearly as heavy and prices might come down.
    (0)

Character
    Caiusx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    The game has moved on, your old gear can't stay good forever, if it does, there is no reason to play new content. Let the game move forward.
    Then they need to match the difficulty of obtaining RME to its quality...IF RME is gonna suck..make it 500 HMP and 10 dross/cinder for empy....instead of 30k alex 100k ichor and 150k tokens...5k alex 50k ichor 50k tokens for mythic...for relic slash of requirements in half...1 Marrow for 99...50 for afterglow....if this was implemented it would make sense looking back because RME USED to be the best so they were super hard to get...now they are not the best but easy to get....the problem is now RME sucks...but the difficulty of obtaining them has remained the same....so either boost RME to match its difficulty of obtaining...or make it easier to obtain
    (0)
    Last edited by Aldaris; 08-14-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can't have an Ilvl 100+ item with a level req of 90... 85-95 do exactly the same job as they ever did vs content they were balanced around. Adoulin content requires Ilvl gear, and Ilvl gear all has a minimum level req of 99.
    Emp/relic 85-95 are still >>>> anything else below Ilvl status, so whats the problem?

Finish the weapon if you want the reward.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbean View Post
    You can't have an Ilvl 100+ item with a level req of 90... 85-95 do exactly the same job as they ever did vs content they were balanced around. Adoulin content requires Ilvl gear, and Ilvl gear all has a minimum level req of 99.
    Emp/relic 85-95 are still >>>> anything else below Ilvl status, so whats the problem?

Finish the weapon if you want the reward.
    WTF does I level have to do with the amount of work these take? I can make enough bayld to buy a weapon that is better than an 85-95 weapon in less than an hour. That's some BS. They should just change them all from level 85-95 and make them 99. Just give people stats on the lower level ones that are of comparatively equal to how they are now.
    (2)

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I was responding to the original post.

Read 14 pages of moaning also?
    (1)

Character
    Caiusx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Exactly....it still takes MONTHS/YEARS to get a RME...years more on a mythic....and any fucking noob can leech off a decent delve group and get the best weapons in the game in 45 minutes...I do not have a delve win yet unfortunately...but I see A LOT of people that are severely gimped, do not have an RME...yet sport around multiple HQ delve weapons...FIX THIS SHIT SE...I have a Physics degree and I work in engineering and I am intelligent enough to say...YOU SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ARE FUCKING FAIL
    (2)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    we will find out soon they said they couldn't fit R/E/M fix into august update so now it should be next thing on there mind. and if its not then they have no intention of doing and just keep mentioning it to string us along and hope we forget about it
    (0)

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast